Your caregivers

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by pardonme, Jun 3, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. pardonme

pardonme Guest

2. Mnme

Mnme Guest

Wonderful idea Diane! I'm planning my 'thank you' gift right now.

Lee.

3. gwe21

gwe21 New Member

My husband has been a caregiver for me since we have been married. I have had several surgeries that left me down for months, several illnesses... and he is always there for me. Now my 6 yr old son has become a HUGE help to me esp when it comes to taking care of my 1 yr old. During my first episode, I actually passed out and he had enough sense to put the baby in her crib and call his daddy to come home.

4. MedievalWriter

MedievalWriter Ryan's Rose Pvt Ryan Winslow KIA Iraq 4-2006

What an amazing idea!

I'm on board.

My Assistant Offspring (17 and 20 years old) are the closest things I have to caregivers, but they give everything I ask of them. We laugh, we cry, and yes, they do get scared. Through them, God blessed me beyond measure as He struck me down at the same time.

Wednesdays, here we come! ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. charlesj

charlesj New Member

Like Intrepid I am also my own caregiver. I am also caregiver for my wife who has advanced MS. I am sure there are others on this forum who are in the same boat.

6. MedievalWriter

MedievalWriter Ryan's Rose Pvt Ryan Winslow KIA Iraq 4-2006

Intrepid and charlesj, you two get a special prayer tonight. :)

7. ToniG

ToniG Guest

(((((hugs))))) to Intreprid and Charles. But, once your kids get a little bit older it's amazing how they will kick in and help.

Special thanks to my husband. :) :-*

8. this is hard i've always been very independent and up until a few years ago never needed rides or anything of the sort but then I had to ask for things and now again i'm having to lean on my boyfriend - he's such a good person - don't know how he puts up with me.

Problem is I should be a caregiver to my 90 year old mother and i can't right now. I'm in worse shape than she is. Thank God she has someone living with her.

This is a tough disease and i'm not sure everyone really understands what we go through until they have it.

I never had kids so i can't ask them for help. I'm not sure what will happen in the future when i get older. One day at a time.

:)

chris

9. america57

america57 New Member

My husband is taking care of me and his mother is dying right now, can you imagine? I try so hard not to be a burden on him, he is so overwhelmed.

10. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

I try very hard to hide my suffering from my husband because I am his caregiver right now. He's just getting back to work for the first time in three years today. It's very hard to be sick and be the caregiver but I've always been really good at keeping things to myself. However I will send out a big hug to my Daughter who is my semi-caregiver. When I really need it I lean on her.