you will get better

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Irelandman, Sep 29, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

hello,
    I have menieres about 4 years now. i got very bad in march this year, getting 2 or 3 attacks a week and not recovering and not having any "good" days anymore.
    I found this website which is an absolute goldmine for information. I started JOH and antivirals, felt a bit better but could not work. I eventually opted for 1 low dose injection of gent. I now have 3 months of JOH under my belt and have recovered from the gent which was very tough going.
    anyway, i felt i should post here to tell people who are suffering that you will get better, because i have. the road ahead of you will be tough, but you will make it. here is some advice from my experience.
    1. educate yourself as much as possible. read the database on this website. i bought a book titled "lets get better" from amazon. The author was a great inspiration to me to get better.
    2. start JOH Immediately, you can only benefit from it. dont waste time, if you have menieres you should be on it. it helped me.
    3. dont let it get you down. i got depressed because of my condition. i was a competitive athlete before i got bad, but i will return soon. i took anti-depressants and saw a councilor- this helped get my life back on track.
    4. dont read into forums too much. one thing for sure is that misery really does love company, and i dont mean any disrespect to anyone here really.
    5. get in touch with a good ent, but dont go from doc to doc trying to get a cure. educate yourself and work with your doctor.
    6. change your lifestyle if needed. dont stress your body with heavy workloads, eating bad food and stressing yourself in general. practice meditation to destress. it all helps.
    7 look forward to getting better. I now have my life back, so can you.

2. daveTO

daveTO New Member

Thanks for the positive post. We all need inspiration.

Good luck with the continue recovery.

3. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Ditto DaveTO.. Nice to hear you being positive.. I need to get back on the JOH, reading your post may have just pushed me to do it.. Thank YOU!

4. Perses

Perses Guest

So which made you better? The gent injection or JOH's "regimen"?

How can you attribute all success to JOH only?

5. uspinmerightround

uspinmerightround New Member

Great post. Appreciate the advice.

6. daveTO

daveTO New Member

I think most of us here are pro-better (not pro-vitamin or pro-medicine). Let success be success whether is is vitamin, medicine or placebo.

7. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

Well said! Whatever works for you, baby :) Is my motto!

KT

8. carnyard

carnyard New Member

Agreed. Encouraging post. Thanks for your honest assessment. I'm interpreting your post that JOH brought you some success but the gent injection pushed you over the top. Is that correct?

9. terrific post - i'm glad you are getting better. I'm trying to think positively right now too as i know colder weather is coming and that usually helps me. i've been real sick lately and it has gotten me down but when i do get into the office sick and all at least i can be around people and that helps. i do what i can. I'm going back to the same ENT in October and looking at some other options and talking about possible MaV and all that.

Glad you are feeling better :)

chris

10. cc635

cc635 New Member

Good advice. I am pro-better too!

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

12. alenasmommy10

alenasmommy10 New Member

Good For You.....I too am guilty of having "pity" moments......but the truth is you have to look at the positives to see the options available.......I want to try the JOH method but I can't afford it as its not covered on tricares health plan

13. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

This is a great post, this type of attitude is what makes the difference between being a victim and taking control!

I too believe most people here will get better! I consider my self a lucky one, basically thrown out of doctors offices when coming in with printed studies on new options I was pushed to get Gent injections while I was getting 2 attacks per day, lost 30 pounds and was stuck in bed for weeks...

But I stood fast and did not agree to any destructive procedures and in Nov it will be a year for me being free of Vertigo. What is funny is that the attacks stopped right after I was supposed to get the gent injections about 6 months after my first vertigo attack and I am 100% confident that the doctors would have taken the credit for the remission by the gent shots :)

It makes me wonder how common it is that people go into remission right after a horrible time just around the time they breakdown and get destructive procedures... would that not be an irony

14. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

good stuff. what new people or people just browsing the forum is that 90% of posters here are suffering badly which is why they post on here. people that have beaten the disease and are generally well probably wont be posting on here.
    what i am trying to say is that dont despair when reading about peoples suffering on this forum, you can and will get will but it will be a long hard road.
    I remember 8 months ago i was horrified reading about peoples suffering on here, but when i slowly realized that loads of people live normal lives with this disease my despair and depression lifted.
    hang in there, find the course of treatment that suits you and get better....