WOW!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by jmunding, May 9, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. jmunding

jmunding New Member

If this were true! Have any of you tried it or does anyone know of anyone who has?

Study Offers Hope of Long-Term Vertigo Relief for Meniere's Disease Patients.
    Publication: Business Wire
    Date: Jan 3 2007
    Subject: Medical research
    Product: Medical Research, Health Research Programs, Epilepsy & Muscle Disease R&D

Medtronic Device Enables Significant, Long-Term Reduction in Frequency of Vertigo(1)

MINNEAPOLIS -- Medtronic (NYSE:MDT) announced today that results of a two-year follow-up study published in the December issue of the Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery were favorable toward long-term use of Medtronic's Meniett([R]) Low-Pressure Pulse Generator for Meniere's disease. The study concludes that approximately two-thirds of Meniere's disease patients who are unresponsive to traditional medical treatment experience a significant, long-term reduction in vertigo frequency with Meniett therapy.

Approximately 2.6 million people in the US and Europe2 suffer from Meniere's disease, a disorder associated with excess fluid in the inner ear. This complex disease is characterized by vertigo in combination with hearing loss, tinnitus (ringing in the ear) and pressure in the ear. The origin is unknown and there is no cure, which makes managing the disease difficult when symptoms are severe. Unpredictable vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting can be very debilitating, with patients unable to work or perform routine activities.3

"Use of the Meniett device was associated with a significant reduction in vertigo frequency in about two thirds of the participants, and this improvement was maintained long term," writes Dr. George Gates, department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Washington School of Medicine and the Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center. "Therapy with the Meniett device is a safe and effective option for people with substantial vertigo uncontrolled by medical therapy."

1 2 3 Next page ยป
    In addition, make sure to read these articles:

Research at Appalachian State Indicates Natural Plant Substance Helps Reduce Illness in Physically Stressed Athletes; Findings May Have Military Application.
    Adverse Events in NICU More Frequent Than Reported.

i found another site with all types of aides for the disease that serc, antivert etc
    http://oto.wustl.edu/men/mntreat.htm
    they are worth looking into

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Several on this forum have tried it....some with success and some not.

3. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Yes, the meniett worked really well for me, but only for about 15 months. While it no longer keeps symptoms at bay, it still provides relief for me if the symptoms are more minor in range. When it worked it was awesome. I am so glad I had/have it. I would recommend it to everyone as it is non-medicine, just an air pulse treatment. Many here have gotten longer lasting treatment. The cost (3600 ish) is a lot, but more insurances are slowly starting to cover it. Lisa

4. Dizzy Little Piggy

Dizzy Little Piggy OINK OINK

I tried it and it worked for 10 days. There are some who have had great success with it. Like everything else with Meniere's, it's a roll of the dice.

Piggy

5. wileyriley

wileyriley New Member

I use it and it works wonderfully for me! I consider myself blessed that I have found relief. I definitely recommend it! I've used it for 3 years now. It is expensive and my insurance did not cover it. Hopefully that will change soon. I think everybody should have the chance to try it out without finances getting in the way. I just wish it worked for everyone!