Wow!!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by alblove1, Apr 27, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. alblove1

alblove1 New Member

I'm 25 years old, deaf in my left year, and recently I was diagnosed with having Menieres. So my hearing is going in my right ear. It's tough trying to work as a helpdesk tech. So I'm constantly having to be on the phone all the time. I have my good days and bad. But today seems to be horrible. I think I"m having an attack. Seems like everything sounds like "alvin and the chipmonks" right now, and I"m scared to death and don't know how to deal with this for another hour or so. It actually happened after lunch. :'(

I live in the DC area, and I wanted to take some sign language classes, but I'm having a hard time trying to find some financially acceptable so that I can take some. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could go?

2. Dizzy Little Piggy

Dizzy Little Piggy OINK OINK

I took a class at a community college and also at the Deaf Action Center in Dallas, Texas. Just remember that it won't do you any good to take sign classes unless the people you deal with take classes. You will still be able to talk, they will need to sign back to you.

Piggy

3. alblove1

alblove1 New Member

Yea I know that my parents and some of my co-workers will need to take some classes with me. Hopefully, they will

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I am a secretary/receptionist. I wear hearing aids and use an assistive device on the phone. It's not perfect, but it helps.

http://www.enablemart.com/productdetail.aspx?pid=1567&dept=22&store=10

Keep your chin up and feel better soon!