Worse and worse

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by utalledo, Oct 17, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

I've been thinking how bad I've gotten in one year, I still think I'm bilateral because otherwise there is no way I can be feeling sick so often.
    I get vertigo probably the best I can go without it is 2 weeks, but then it starts again, I've had a couple of episodes while at work ehre I have to sit and stay still because I feel embarrased of everybody seeing me. And now I have a fear of vertigo, meaning that for example today I didn't go to work because I have a fear that it will happen again, my ear is ringing very very loud and I hear it popping on it's own. (so weird) I'm taking Valium + Meclizine and obviously it puts me very very relaxed that I cannot function normal.

I don't know what else to try, and I don't want to think that this is it. I mean that my vertigo will be always with me and will controll my life and won't let me do my things. I'm also getting frecuent headaches but I don't know if they are related to the medicines. ???

I'm just losing all my hope.

2. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hi U,
    You can be horribly ill from just one ear, I was. It got so it was hard for me to have any normal days. That is why I opted for the laby. I did get more frequent headaches as time went on, and they were id'd as classic migraines. I was prescribed zomig for them and boy, that really helped. I think they develped from my body being so out of whack. Now that I've had the laby I don't get them near as much.
    Has your doc ever put you on steroids? I can't remember. That used to really help boost me into remissions, but I do have the auto immune component.
    Don't give up, I know it's hard. Lisa

3. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

I had a round of steroids not so long ago, I would say maybe 3 months ago, it helped me at the beginning but once I statrted to wine them off my tinnitus increased again.
    My MAIN problem now is that I get the off balanced feeling very very often, I don't know if they are vertigo attacks in a mild range or what! but when that happens I cannot function because if I turned my head to the sides Oh boy, I can easily throw up, but if I stay still I'm ok, but all this happens with my ringing being NASTLY BAD!
    I sometimes think something in my shunt surgery went wrong or maybe this is it, meaning that this is the best I can get, which is very sad because for me is a chinesse torture.

4. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hi U, just comfort yourself that there is always more surgery...........I know that is not what people would choose, but it comforted me in my worst days that something COULD be done if there were no answers.
    MM is episodic, and chances are that it WILL get better.
    Moving your head brings on dizziness? Is that a sign of BPPV? Have you been checked for that?
    I went on vitamin B for the ringing, a multi B complex that was about 1000% of the RDA, from my local pharmacy. Have you tried that? It does help some, and is cheap, and can't hurt. I took 2 a day. It helped me so much.
    Have you talked to your doc recently?
    Lisa

5. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

I'm going to try the B-complex. twice a day. I already bought it. have it on my kitchen cabinet.

6. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Hi there.Sorry your feeling bad.I have a question....have you had your hearing tested in the good ear yet?If so,what does the Dr say?My Dr always said that that is the only real sure way to tell if menieres is in that ear.If your hearing is decreasing along with tinnitus.I would also search the avenue of mav.I was just diagnosed with it and I get headaches all the time.Does not feel like migraine,but they are headaches.I also have been suffering with the constant dizzies(not vertigo)where if I turn my head the dizziness gets worse.I am on a migraine preventative like Lisa mentioned and have to give it 6 weeks.What I am told is sometimes menieres and mav go hand in hand.I also found that the valium helps with vertigo,but I think was aggravating my daily dizziness.I stopped taking it every day and only if I absolutly need it and I feel better with the dizzies.I hope you find some answers.I would check into the hearing in your good ear and then mav.Feel better.

7. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

I feel your frustration It seems just when things start to get back to normal the world spins. I know it is hard to work I am on my 3 job in 4 years. I have long periods of feeling off then I am good for a few months. I hate this thing too. I felt just as bad when it was only one ear. I can't go for the aggrssive treatments know cause I am not sure which ear the pressure and ringing is in both. I really hope you can feel better.
    Cheryl

8. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

Luckyswife, I had a hearing test about 4 months ago and an ECOG and my good ear was working perfectly fine! so the Dr. told me i was not bilateral, even that I was complaintning about some weird feeling coming from there. I feel tinnitus only on the bad ear, maybe it could be mav. I just need to find a good doc.

9. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

i would say it is safe to say that you are not bilateral if your hearing is perfect.Check into mav.

10. susank

susank Guest

Im sorry that you are having a hard time. I know the frustration that this disease brings. I too have the feeling of being off balance every day. What was the weird feeling you were having in your ear? Just curious as I had that water running and then dripping feeling in my good ear. Now I have mild tinnitus to. My hearing is stable in my good ear. I take meclizine at work and valium at night. Let us know if the vitamen B helps. Wishing you the best and hoping you will feel better soon.

11. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

this disease just beats on us and it is exhausting.
    I am wondering about allergies. They sure affect me.

12. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

I used to fell and still do sometimes like my good ear needs to pop, that is my weird feeling. Sometimes it pops some other it doesn't. This started after my shunt surgery in MAy 08'.

13. spins

spins New Member

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I know how you feel about the vertigo and being at work.
    But I have had to leave work because I was so dizzy.
    I had two attacks within the last two days.
    Luckily it didn't happen at work but I had to miss two days of work.
    And the vertigo is terrible.
    They have me on a diuretic which has helped (I thought) for 2 weeks I had no attacks.
    It has helped with the fullness in the ear.
    I am going to try the B-complex also.
    I think maybe mine are allergies as my sinuses have been bothering me also.
    This disease is so horrible. I wish they could find a cure.
    I hope you feel better.

14. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

To me is so confusing because my operated ear is still sensitive but it's been almost 6 months now post surgery, there is no way that my ear is still healing. But sometimes I touch certain areas of the ear and I can feel nauseous, I also think sometimes that something went wrong on my surgery. (Endolynphatic sac decompression Right ear. May 08')

15. June

June New Member

I haven't had this surgery but I had middle fossa removal of a tumor on the 8th nerve. Healing continued for a long time. It was probably 6 months before my head quit feeling 'bloated' inside. As if there was just too much fluid somewhere in there. I was constantly taking sudafed but I am not sure I was targeting the right thing. I had minor nerve damage that got better for years. Don't give up hope and don't count out allergies if the signs are pointing to them. We have to work at this thing from all sides.

Hope you start to feel better before too long.

16. gilbyandnanc

gilbyandnanc New Member

I think Syd had mentioned something about when he touched his ear he would feel nausoeus I think that could be from the fluid build up....

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

valium gave me horrible headaches -
    i understand dear one -
    i pray you peace and wish you well

xoxo

18. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

Aladdin how are you doing??