Winter symptoms

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by daisycow, Oct 9, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daisycow

daisycow Moo to you, too.

Here we are, rapidly approaching winter. My MM always gets worse in the cold weather and I dread it. I usually wear a hat to keep my ears warm but they really don't suit me - I look like I'm out to mug a granny or two! Still, on the bright side, I'm having a fortnight in Spain before long; a final fling before England succumbs to rain, rain and more rain.

Do others find their condition worse in winter?

Liz.

2. angels29

angels29 New Member

Hi! Well during the warm humid stormy months, my ears feel the pressure and during the cold months I get clicking sounds from my Tinnitus. Dont know if this goes with your post but thought I would post anyways just in case! :)

3. lizzyD

lizzyD New Member

Hi Liz,

It's amazing how we vary with this disease. Winter is by far my best time. I am usually reasonably good from November to March/April. I blame the Spring pollens for setting me off and it then takes ages to settle down again. I expect we shall soon be back to interminable grey days and the wet stuff so good for you getting off to Spain. My ear might be better in the winter but my poor old joints aren't!

Liz

4. daisycow

Weird!! I spend all winter staggering about like I'm drunk (even when I'm not)! Just to add insult to injury, I have psoriasis as well and shed loads more heaps of flaky skin in the winter. Maybe I should just hibernate!!

Liz.

5. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

Daisycow--

Just out of curiousity, do you suffer from allergies? I know that many people who suffer from indoor allergens have a worse time during the late Fall/Winter months because they are in the enclosed house more than other times in the year.
    Allergies are a huge trigger for my Menieres-- and most often Fall/Winter are my worst months (hoping for a break this year since I didn't get it during the Summer though!)

Best Wishes,
    Dianna

6. daisycow

Thanks for that, Dianna.

No, no allergies that I'm aware of other than codeine, which I avoid like the plague, but nothing else has ever shown up. I'm willing to consider any suggestions though!

Liz.

7. etlani

etlani New Member

I'm new here--just reading and checking out the website. I was diagnosed two years ago--and I had the same question as you and was about to post it here! I live in Michigan, so winters are long and cold. Usually, from May to September, my symptoms just about disappear. Then, when it starts getting cold, my ear starts ringing, and as I write I'm still recovering from my first severe vertigo attack. It's been like this for five years, and as much as I love fall and Christmas and snow, I dread the escalation of symptoms. So, you are not the only one suffering more in the winter. Well, since our winters are so long here, it gives me one more thing to look forward to when summer comes!

Sue

8. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

some years I suffer from November through March with strong symptoms, so strong that people look at me and freak out. Allergies do not seem to be the problem, but I will continue to pay attention. Maybe this year will be better. It is dibilitating and utterly exhausting. That said, I still live and push and make the best of it.
    Paul

9. daisycow

Thanks for that, Sue, and welcome to the site! Roll on summer!!

Liz.

10. dmac

dmac my sweet Holly

:mad: Well that's terrific. I renew my driver's license in January and if I stagger in there, or tip over....

11. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

DaisyCow:

I am in Canada but England born. My symptomsa are at their worst between December and May.

I also suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder; Iam not sure if the two are are related in some way.

12. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Hey Liz,
    I live in Virginia and the fall season is here and so are my allergies and daily dizziness. Feel like I am on a ship in the sea most days. Weather changes are a big factor for me!!!

Hope you feel better soon,
    Maggie