Wino

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 5, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

It's like a phoenix rising out of Arizona.

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

As payback for June and I voting this the stupidest thread ever (sorry Wino, you know we luv ya) while Intrepid insisted the Gardenfish one was she decided to resurrect her masterpiece to punish us.

4. Wino

As long as we're clear that it's the thread and not the poster who is being voted stupidest ever. I mean, sure, I'm pretty stupid. But not the stupidest.

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Yeah, but it was a rerun post!! What's that about??

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

LOL... Just to be clear Wino and the Wino thread are not to be considered as one and the same.

A vote for the Wino thread being the stupidest is no indicator and has no impact on our opinion of Wino the man. :D :D

7. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Malicious? Me? That's not part of my makeup. I'm just having fun like everybody else! Can't I talk doo doo too?

I like Wino! He's cool to the bone! 8)

8. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I read Frankestein years ago. Over wrought, florid and generally too turgid for my taste.

9. Wino

Young Frankenstein >>>>>>> Frankenstein

10. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Young Frankenstein and young Einstein should pair up. Together they could rule the world.

11. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Yes. Also lots of hallucinogenic drugs and generalised debauchary.

I'm not a fan of Wordsworth - too many wandering clouds. Zzzzz. Or Keats - too many odes to banality. A Grecian Urn? Seriously, who gives two hoots about a Grecian Urn? Consumptive little drip. Have you seen that movie 'Bright Star'? He coughs half his lines. I found myself screaming in my head "Die! Just hurry up and die!" 'Death Star' would have been a better title.

Coleridge under the influence I like. Kubla Khan for example. Also Blake. He was a genius.

12. Wino

Blake? The guy whose poems can be read to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star?

13. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

LOL. Which one?

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Science creates monsters.

15. Wino

Tiger, tiger
    Burning bright
    In the forests of the night

16. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

LOL. Nice one!

Do think this is the inspiration for Charlie Sheen's tiger blood?

17. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I understand the context but too much context is too post modern for me. Post modernism shits me. And Grecian urns on their own or described in a poem don't do it for me. It's like the plastic bag in American Beauty. I get it but I don't connect with it.

Give me Prufrock or give me a sparse, nature loving Gary Snyder quasi Haiku.

18. Wino

I'm a W.B. Yeats guy. But my tastes are very varied. I enjoy the romantics, the realists, the modernists, the post-modernists, etc. Poe is another one of my favorites.

Morbid as this may sound, several years ago my wife and I were flipping through one of my poetry books and discussing what poems we would like to have read for us in the event that one of us were to die unexpectedly before the other. She picked a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. I forget the name. I can't even recall what I picked :D But I have the book at home and the page is marked.

19. CGR

CGR Guest

Tell the truth now.

20. Wino

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

(INS will love that one)