Why suicide might be the one unforgiveable sin.

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Apr 18, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

2. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

Whoa! The minute she denied Jesus as the son of God, that was enough for me. God tells us that anyone that denies that Jesus is the son of God is anti-christ and there are many anti-christs gone out into the world.

So my question is: Is it possible for someone to acquire or to be born with this gift of seeing and talking to people that are considered dead from God? In the case of the popular television series Ghost Whisperer, the main character based on a real live individual claims to have been born with this gift and started as a child. They did not ask for the gift and is it truly a gift? Or is it something totally forbidden by God? I am very confused here about this. Of course when it is blatantly obvious like in the case of denying Jesus as the Messiah, the son of God, no questions here. But what if the person acknowledges Jesus Christ and claims the gift is from God?

anyone? And thank you Hank. I am icing my lower back and neck so taking a break from painting for the time being.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Biblically, I do not believe there is such a gift. The Apostles did not have it. So I do not know who else would have. However, Biblically, if someone asks for such a gift from the spirit world, certainly a spirit might answer. But the gift that one might receive from such a spirit would be false. So one who receives it would be fooled to believing it was a 'gift.' And that is the point I discussed with Trishanne. If you are thinking of such things, you really ought to read that whole thread through. After all, spirits of the Bible can even place thoughts in our minds.

From time to time there have been a some really interesting discussions here on just these subjects. You would have to dig deep to find them. But they are there.

On the same subject, the other night I watched a special on the real life experience in 1949, in St. Louis, Joy, that prompted William Peter Blatty's, "The Exorcist." Pretty interesting if you can find it. I believe it was on the National Geographic Channel. All about this subject.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

If you believe the bible, you cannot communicate with the dead. Also, if something supernatural isn't from God, it's from the devil. I wouldn't touch it, dear friend.

Our God is righteous. Pray for peace concerning where Alan is. Trust God to give you that peace.

Kim

5. cynthia

o.k., taking another break from painting and I just read your recent posts.

Here is a thought though; think about this; when Jesus rose from the dead, he appeared to people, visited them and so did other people. It is recorded in the Bible. So along those same lines, can not Jesus today visit people again, and if we are in him us to? I have seen on television documentaries where dead people have visited those living here on earth to warn, protect and just tell a loved one they love them. So if Jesus and others were seen walking around on earth after having died, then that is my point, can we communicate with deceased loved ones in the same manner? Keep in mind it wasn't just Jesus that was seen after he rose from the dead. Also Jesus said we would do the same works he did, so visit people after death? Why not?

But then, it seems to me you would have to be real careful of what spirit you were dealing with?

I have seen documentaries where a deceased doctor came back and helped someone that was injured and could not get help. The person helped identified the man through photographs only to be told the doctor had died years and years ago.
    Jesus still visits people today in the flesh just as he appeared to the disciples.

Again, this is where my head goes and makes me wonder about it all. But I am too frightened of getting the wrong spirit to even try.

I have asked God to tell me where Alan and his father are. Heaven is silent.

6. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

amen

7. cynthia

Sorry, but I just got to ask all of you this;

A documentary of credible people was done where loved ones that had died visited. A famous actor, Scott Bayo, I'm not sure if I spelled his last name correctly was interviewed. He described his relationship with his father as up and down and before his father died they had a fight. Scott said that he was freaked out because his father came to him. He was not looking for it, he did not believe in such things and had not asked for it. Not only did he see his father, but his wife witnessed it as well. His father told him he was sorry. Then one night after his wife had given birth to their baby daughter she awoke one night to see Scott's father standing over the baby's crib looking down at her. He looked at her and the he disappeared. She was a witness to several occasions of Scott's father visiting then it stopped. She said she felt the baby was protected and felt safe. Scott stated his father told him he was sorry.

Again how do you explain such things? And when I try to reconcile these events to the Bible I am reminded of Jesus coming back and visiting and many other people that had died did the same thing. It is recorded in the Bible.

As far as Alan and his father. I did pray. Heaven is silent. So times I don't get my prayers answered and I don't know why.

I will ask again. But I must confess I get tired of unanswered prayers.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

All I can tell you is what I understand from the Bible. Jesus and the others to whom you referred were resurrected from the dead. They were alive and walking on the earth. You are talking about speaking with those who are dead. They are not in this realm. You can't get to them because they are not here. After Jesus was resurrected, he went to prepare a place in His Father's Kingdom for those judged righteous to live. I presume that the person to whom refer to was saved and according to the Bible would be there. But you cannot speak to him. His spirit is not here. If you do get an answer, beware. That is where spiritists an wiccans, at least according to the Bible, go wrong. I believe in the Bible. When these folks receive an answer, they get sucked in to a world they never knew existed. They are made to feel special. They like it. But they can only see what the spirits want them to see. And if they command in the name of Jesus Christ to receive the truth, either they receive nothing or it all goes away. But by the time these folks are so sucked in to this nether world, they are beyond believing in Jesus Christ to begin with. That is all part of it, displacing the light in our souls with darkness. Once the darkness overcomes the light, as they say, it's lights out.

Please, read the entire thread I referred to. Read it, Cynthia. You are still groping for an answer. The scriptures say that all that you ask through Jesus Christ will be answered. You are not asking through Jesus Christ because you are not in agreement with Jesus Christ. Get in agreement. He is not there, with you, asking for this. Read the thread.

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Here is another thread for you to read:

http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,18977.0.html

As you do, pay particular attention to the story told by Bluesky, and then his comments until he exited the conversation. A few months later, Bluesky left the forum. Here was one of his last posts:

I don't know what is or was wrong with him; but either way, what you are writing about is nothing to mess with. Go back to painting.

10. Daize

Daize New Member

I believe this. I KNEW 2 loved ones on my DH side who committed suicide, one an Uncle who I respected and loved dearly and was very very ill many years ago and cousin of last year.

They are at peace with God, I feel this strongly.

11. cynthia

thank you both for your posts. As for painting, yes I am going to be painting all weekend. I am working on my third painting and still have two more to finish before deadline. It is exhausting. I get home from work at 4:30 and begin painting until midnight or later.

What about children who have seen Jesus and talked to Him, Hank? If Jesus is alive, aren't believers after they die too? If God and Jesus are one, and God talks to me, so does Jesus, so I don't follow your statements. What about children who have been healed by Jesus when he visited them and talked to them today? I have read their testimonies. So to say Jesus can't talk to me? Doesn't add up to me scripturally. I really hope I am not offending, I just still don't have the answers and I am afraid all of my time is devoted to painting or working right now.

I love all of you in here. ;D You are my friends.

Got to go for now I brewed myself some tea. My boss at work I think is trying to kill me with work! Just kidding. But seriously I am told by others that he expects far too much for too little hours given.

12. cynthia

To add to this, Spence' favorite number was 007, James Bond, right? Right after Spence died, I received a new VISA card, the identification code on the back is "007." These coincidences are far too common to be coincidences. I think your dad is doing very well, probably very good friends with Spence.

I copied and pasted this statement from you Hank on a different subject, but it is the very thing I am talking about? Maybe we have our wired crossed here and miscommunication which is so hard over the internet?

What is the difference between what I am talking about and what you just typed above? It is the same to me? Really confused here...................

13. cynthia

another person typed:

I definitely believe that the dead communicate with us. Many years ago, one of my coworkers Terrie was dying of cancer. The night she died, I had a dream that she, six other coworkers, and I were together at lunch celebrating a birthday. (We were all close friends and always celebrated birthdays together.) Anyway, the next morning one of the coworkers in my group said, "You were in my dream last night." I asked her about the dream. It turned out that we had the same dream, right down to the clothes we were wearing at our little party. As the morning wore on, word slipped out about Terrie's passing. Our little group got together at lunch. Discussion led to this drean and it was amazing to discover that each of us had the same dream.

This type of experience was not new to me but this is first time where everyone involved had the exact dream.

This is what I am talking about? I just wanted some comfort concerning Alan and his Father. It is too much to ask God for a dream, contact, something? That is what I mean, communication with the dead. I hope you understand now what I am conveying?

14. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

We have parallel threads going here now. I believe what Titus wrote. But I do not believe that the dead have any volition to come back and communicate with us. I believe that God specifically forbids us to try to communicate with them, and He does so because any answer we might receive would be a lie, a spirit claiming to be the dead we seek. If we believe that spirit, we believe falsehood rather than truth, which is to believe Satan rather than God, which is sinful. So God forbids us even to seek to speak to the dead as one way, among many others, to deliver us from evil.

Now just keep painting and stop trying to contact the dead. It'll only get you in trouble. So paint, girl, paint! Watch Oprah. Anything. But let the dead bury the dead.

15. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I figure I will have PLENTY of time to talk with all the dead.........when I am dead myself. ;)

16. cynthia

just took a break while some paint drys to read the recent posting. you made me laugh! ;D

I'm just going to let it go, I don't want to make God mad at me. :-[

sigh..................just wish I knew the answers is all.

17. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

It is very late in this discussion but thought I would say this. As a Jew, we do not believe we are born in sin. We must atone for sins we commit in life . And we are not forgiven until we do atone for that sin. And gossip and treating people badly, Jewish or not Jewish is a sin. And we believe God is the only one. There is no other.

Suicide is wrong. But I believe people are sick or depressed and therefore do the wrong thing. But I believe God does forgive.

As far as alcohol dependence, the body craves more of it and the person gets hooked on drinking. Even if it destroys their life. People can be helped but they must want to get help. Any therapy that is not done without commitment by that person, is a waste.

I drank and gave it up. Wine was my downfall. It was not at the bad stage but I did find I was not enjoying it. And tired of being sick the following day. I decided to taper off. And I quit it and never looked back. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I do not miss it. And God was there for me. And in my despair I did find God. And I was able to cope better with my problems. And instead of running away, I faced them. I do believe that I had asked for the strength to stop and God helped me.

If I am a sinner, then why help me.

I believe God, loves us all. And the Universe is a wonderful place. Yes, nothing is perfect. Not my life. And I have thought of ending it all. I am too much of a coward. I am a fighter. Besides I am not through here on earth yet. I have to see my daughter and my husband's lives are fine. And take care of the 3 parakeets, with food and water. When my time comes, then I am going

Birdmom3

Birdmom3

18. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Christians believe in Jesus alone for salvation; that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God capable of bringing people to faith. Because of this narrow view (as I say "as narrow as the cross") we will always be at odds with the world. Scripture promises this.

One of my pastors continually tells me that we are to be witnesses, not attorneys. But so many Christians misunderstand what Scriptural witnessing truly is. To be a witness is to refer each soul to Scripture (what God says about the subject at hand.) Our little stories, or testimonies as some call them, are not a witness for God; but rather witnesses concerning ourselves. And when we stand in the way, we block you from finding the real thing. God alone has the power to convince the world of His existence, of the truth of Scripture, of the power of the Holy Spirit, of the redeeming love of His Son. He said: "Faith comes by hearing (understanding) and hearing through the Word of Christ."

I only have the obligation to witness to the truth of Scripture. I can't go beyond that; because making someone believe in Jesus as Savior is something only God can do.

God has to convict the heart; convince us that we are inherently sinful by our thoughts, words, and deeds; and that we are in need of a Savior. That thought is repulsive to this world of unbelievers. Most people want to believe that they are inherently good. The evidence to the contrary is all around and yet they refuse to see.

Once the blinders are lifted, you never stop questioning, but you come to a point of peace about it. You know in your spiritual heart that God is in control of this messy world and that He will work all things together for good to those who are the called according to His purpose. He will judge according to His own righteousness; not according to our sense of justice.

When you understand Scriptural truth, dabbling in the world of spiritism becomes something you want to shun. There is no comfort in conversing with the dead; but there is comfort in conversing with the living God Who has the power to sustain you and save you.

I was profoundly depressed for quite a long time and I briefly thought of ending it all. But I didn't. God sustained me, despite the unbearable pain and overwhelming feelings of hopelessness. I was a Christian feeling that way; still subject to the flesh, but God ruling over the events of my life. He is not the author of sin and its consequences; but He does put limits on the misery and on our will to go beyond His. Maybe He saved me so that I could be here at this forum and enjoy all you wonderful and delightful people. Because you all do make me smile. :)

19. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Jesus speaks in the bible about those who are asleep and those who are dead.

It is my belief as per Jesus that those who have passed and believed in Him are not dead yet asleep; and those who did not believe in him are not asleep yet dead. So if someone I love is merely asleep, I choose not to bother him/her or wake them until Jesub brings us together. Now my heart breaks for myself and others for those people who have passed and are possibly dead - for then there will be no reunion :( ... but that is Jesus decision not mine.

Many things are possible with God; if God chooses to validate or ??? lack of word - what I am trying to say is if Jesus/God shows us communication or things (dreams) about those we loved who are passed than that is His decision - I don't go looking or seeking others to show things that He can show or do. That is where I get into trouble....

20. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

and I have a vivid imagination that could also get me into trouble...so I leave those type things up to Him