What's Going ON in YOUR life????? Please add...

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bergie, Apr 12, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Bergieeeeeeeeeee............you have to see Sweeney Todd.

----------

Lisa - I agree. Juno was a fabulous movie!

2. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Linda...I tried on Saturday to see it,....its NOT playing anywhere around here. I couldn't believe it!!! :( :( :'( :'(

3. Well, it ain't glamorous but I got the other toilet installed and working--except I had the wrong toilet seat so I have to go exchange it. But *that* will take a whopping ten minutes to put on once I have the right one.

4. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

can't top Steve's toilet seat story (but I'm easily impressed by any excretory processes)

this is long but I haven't posted in this thread so I'll take advantage

hearing sucks last couple of months--lots of prednisone and lots of adjustments on HA's that still aren't loud enough

18 year old son living in hovel on side of mountain with very pregnant girlfriend--my half time retirement job is stressful (no wonder I'm deaf right now)

daughter and her boyfriend/fiance coming home for weekend (they don't live in hovel on mountain)

and the aliens have not come back to abduct me again--who can complain?

Hovel on side of mountain--Steve is hoping his final product looks like this I'm sure
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Jim....looking good there!! All its missing is the hot tub!! :D :D

6. Daize

Daize New Member

:-* Hi Joyce and everyone! Wanted to say ~~~~ to you special friends

[​IMG]

Have a good day :)

Hugs - Ruth ♥

7. ToniG

ToniG Guest

I spent 10 days in OR helping my sister recover from surgery. I was a nanny to my twin 3 year old nephews and 6 year old nephew. Priceless/quality/quanity time spent with them. My own kids didn't miss me. :D

My kids are on the mend from the stomach flu.

The serious house hunting has begun for our move from AZ to NC.

I had an epiphany. :D All internet forums/boards are like "Survivor". :D

8. Daize

Daize New Member

Steve and the toilet seat, you crack me up LOL

Went to dentist last week, got cleaning, and me teeth look soooo good....sounds of instruments...ugggh.

Me have not seen JUNO....will wait to see on DVD, can't go to movies.

:)

9. jim1884again

hey Bergs--it actually has an antiquated but functioning hot tub!
    (I think one that came from some old rehab facility--it's blue and looks like it could be used for soaking tools in solvent)
    Steve will probably want to incorporate this into his design also!

10. Stop encouraging her.

BTW, long time, no see.

11. Bergie

Bergie New Member

OMG!! I got a long stem chocolate rose from one of my students...he's so cute!! We had a great Valentines Day Party til my back was turned and one of my little girls were spitting the seeds of her strawberries out on the table!! :D :D The kids were yelling at her..."that's disgusting!" (they sounded just like me!!!) ;D

My son just walked in with a box of truffles and a card for me :).
    The other one gave me a card this morning. I told him all I want for Valentines Day is for him to remember to collect and put out the garbage before he goes to work. He promised and told me...."I know, you don't have to remind me every time!" Guess what wasn't put out? ARGH!!

KIDS!! :-X

12. jim1884again

Hi SteveCO--yes, long time no see--is your house about ready for the 24 homeless bohemians from Boulder to move in?

and Bergs--"spitting strawberry seeds"?? that kid has a really good fine motor coordination in her mouth!

13. Bergie

Bergie New Member

She is the cutest little girl...only 20 mths old...going on 20 years old!! LOL!! She is now holding her crayon correctly and drinks from a reg cup....I'm very proud of her!!

Now... if we could only get Stevie to listen and follow directions AND get THAT hot tub installed...he could get those 24 homeless bohemians from Boulder moved in!! LOL!!

:D ;D :D ;D

14. jim1884again

that kid is pretty sharp--she'll think of lots of mischief as she gets older

and those 24 Boulder-ites are all either republican or independent bohemians so Steve shouldn't mind their presence much

15. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

It’s been distressing day for me. I got an early morning email from my brother who told me that he had to rush Dad to the hospital. Dad had developed an irregular heart rhythm and had become short of breath. Brother George is at the hospital with him as I write this post. George will keep me up to date on the situation as it unfolds.

I feel as if I am on the cusp of a life with Dad and a life without Dad. My sense of time has almost stopped as I wait for the news.

I had booked an airplane flight to see Dad in the end of March, but now I may go earlier. For me this all seems like déjà vu. Three years ago I got an email message from my brother telling me that my mother’s health had suddenly turned for the worse. Then a few hours later, George phoned to tell me that she had passed away. I even had an airplane ticket to visit her on the following week. For the parallels are striking.

Even though I was always on the best of terms with my mom, I still wished I had a few last words with her.

I am sorry for the somber note, but this is my day.

A sad Joe

16. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

I'm sad with you, Joe... :(

This is a hard road to travel, and you have my prayers, along with prayers for your dad and family.

xoxoxoxoxo

17. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

Feeling better, sunny outside in mid 40's, going to the hair salon later in the evening. BAd headache but no tinnitus! so I'll just wait for it to go away by itself!

18. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I finally had some time to myself....YEA!! I went out and cashed my checks, went to Wally World and bought some stuff for MEEEEEEE, went over and got my haircut... finally, and treated myself to Quizno's. I think I am addicted to their Mesquite Chicken sandwich. :) Of course I had a white shirt on and even though I was careful....I dripped BBQ sauce on me!! Typical of me...thats why I don't wear white usually...boobies just get in the way!! :D :D

Update on my BIL...they are trying him on steroids, he is back at work...they set up an oxygen tank for him there and gave him a handicapped parking spot, and after a month on the steroids he will be placed on the donors list for a lung. He is actually in good spirits. :)

19. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hugs for Joe. :-*

Hugs for Bergie and her BIL. :-*

I'm busy learning my new job. Each day is better than the last. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm not longing for my old job anymore. I guess that's a good sign.

Went to a movie today. Saw Jumper. It's not an academy award type movie, but it is entertaining.

20. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Thanks Linda. :-*

I forgot to mention that I got a promotion. I'm not thrilled by it cuz all it means to me is more work. And I don't want more responsibility, which only means more stress.
    It started Fri with me having to oversee another teachers lesson plans (if thats what you want to call them! :eek:). He (27 year old male teacher) is just clueless when it comes to planning ahead!! After an hour and a half meeting with him over lunch....(it was like talking to a zombie) I ended up telling him that he has three days off here, just get the next two weeks plans done and I will look at them Tues morning.
    As he was walking out the door early on Fri ::) I yelled to him..."Hey Chris...Are you taking your lesson plan book home with you?" He laughs and goes back into his classroom to get it! ::)

OMG...I feel like his mother!!! :-\