What we forget

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by corona, Aug 18, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

your words made me start to weep...they are so true and what my heart has been feeling for a very long time.

2. Steve333

Steve333 New Member

i'm sorry so many people are suffering and my prayer is that today will be a blessing to all.

to my fellow christians: jesus said that we would suffer persecution but he also said that we are not to judge and we are to turn the other cheek. pray for those who insult you because of him and because of who you are. don't allow people to bait you into harshness. you are the light of christ and it will yield fruit.

3. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I cannot stand how all the different religions or faiths battle one another and point fingers, which is why I walked away 6 years ago & went solo. But my wish is not for someone to bury their heads in the Bible and join a church and be in attendance faithfully, but instead my wish is for people to just simply believe in something good and pure and to continue believing in it and pursuing it after you die as well. Is that too much to ask for or too horrible of a wish that I have for others?

4. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Well then for those people I apologize for wanting that for them and may they find darkness and emptiness when they die; does that sound better Sarita? ;)

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Sarita, that may have been A point, but it was certainly not THE point. If it were THE point and THE only point, then that is all you needed to have said. That paragraph said it very well. Most folks would have agreed with you and the post could have developed into something meaningful. Instead though, you paired that point up with the notion that the "we" to whom you refer above, is really THOSE Christians who have lost THEIR humanity "because of THEIR pursuit of a God who accords that those who do not agree with them will burn in Hell." Now that is what you said. And there is no other reason to have done so other than to have equated that those folks who pursue this unjust God to Whom you refer, one Who indescriminantly sends folks to burn in Hell, are less than fully human, having as you say, lost their humanity. Now that was just outrageous. Outrageous Sarita. And all you had to do is earnestly apologize, that is, without an "if" contengency. It was outrageous to imagine that you could say this kind of thing and expect those who pursue a relationship with God, meaning the Christians of the crowd by your refernce to Hell, would not find this beyond the pale. And you know that it was unacceptable. So own up Sarita. Now to a point, owning up does not necessarily mean to apologize. You may really feel that way. In which case you have nothing to apologize for. But if that is the case, don't follow behind yourself with this sugar-coated version of the first post. Own up. If you said it and meant it, just say so. If you made a mistake in what you wrote, just say that. But it is too late to sugar coat this. Own up one way or the other so that WE know where you stand. Perhaps then some significant meaning might arise from these ashes.

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Well I am only offering two scenarios that I wish for you or anyone else Intrepid, so take your pick on which one you like better. ;)

7. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Well then that means at least you're straddling the fence, which is good I guess. ;)

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Ok, I get it.

9. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

So in putting away your Bible/church hat for a moment Henry, what did you think of my wish for everyone - in general?

10. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Chris, are you referring to where you said, "may they find darkness and emptiness when they die?". If so, the part of me that deals with the inserity of others such as she to who you responded, by responding with my own brand of insincerity, applauds the remark. I think in its sarcasm, you make a good point. And that is tha for folks who claim not to want an afterlife, perhaps we should just wish for them that their fondest wish come true. In so doing, perhaps that kind of wish extended might have a lasting affect, like a seed, that some day may take hold and root. That would be the reason to extend such a remark in my mind.

But the other part of me, the one that even out of responding to insincerity wants to remain sincere, tells me that God wishes that all should come to repentance and therefore live with Him forevermore. That is what I believe. And so I wish that God's will be done and that everyone, in their own time and place, come to repentance and accept God's gift of grace. Either way, through sarcasm or through sincerity, I believe and expect that the latter I speak of is the motivation behind your remark and I therefore applaud it either way.

11. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

No Henry I was talking about the one involving "well wishes" - geeez.

12. Perses

Perses Guest

Since the times of the Apostles of Christ spreading the word of Jesus our Lord, Greek Orthodox churches have always been built with domed roofs. This is a typical, beautiful, domed roof of a Greek church. As you can see, it has a painting, in Byzantine style, of Jesus. It symbolizes Jesus, our Lord, watching over ALL of his people on this earth.

The beautiful thing about the way these paintings are done is that no matter where you sit in the church, when you look up at Jesus, it seems like His eyes are looking at you, no matter what angle you are in....

[​IMG]

Personally, when I go to church and I stare up and look at such art, I am filled with an unmatched peace.

So, with that being said, peace be upon all of you...

13. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Perses that is just beautiful. Have you had the opportunity to visit this church yourself?

14. Perses

Perses Guest

Thanks Lulu. I haven't visited that one but all Greek churches are pretty much like that.

15. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I think I need to take me a little trip to Greece then! Thanks again for the lovely image.

16. Perses

Perses Guest

All churches on the Greek islands are always painted white. Here is one from the island of Santorini in Greece. Talk about peaceful and secluded!!!

[​IMG]

17. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Thanks Perses those were really cool posts. ;D

18. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I can just imagine spending the whole day there staring out at the water and feeling at peace. I don't usually come to this thread because it always seems to be a little too controversial for me but I am glad I did today. I don't mean that as a criticism towards anyone here. I think you all are amazing people and I respect everyone's right to express themselves freely here.

It just stresses me out a bit to see people I care about hurting each other with their words. Makes me a little sad actually. Be kind to each other and speak to each other with respect please. We all have enough troubles in our lives to be cruel to each other.

Perses, thank you again for the photos. Maybe they will help to calm some of the troubled waters here on this thread.

Take care all and remember life is beautiful. Smile and be happy kids.

Kim

19. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

lesson well taken

20. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

bella! absolutely beautiful...I too would find peace in such a place.