What kinds of music do you like?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by daBronx, Oct 9, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Perry Como and his Christmas songs.

2. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

I feel the same except for Lay Lady Lay...

3. Janice

Janice New Member

Farnsy aka John Farnham - when I was 9 he kissed me on the cheek - I've never washed my cheek again.

4. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Tonight I am listening to Patti Smith.

[Glossing over Janice's disclosure as Farnsy tends to polarise people and I am in the other camp]

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Elvis Presley: anything, but especially his gospel.

6. njspingirl

njspingirl unilateral menieres..had vns and gent injections

Bob Segar, Stevie Nicks, Natalie Merchant, little big town (down in the boondocks) Eagles, Bad Company, Boston and way off this rock list...Loreena McKennitt (The Mummers Dance) if you like Wolves..ck out her video on Youtube. Jim Croce and a few others !! I love dance music too...Kylie Minogue, Enrique Iglesias Yadda Yadda Yadda...... :)

7. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I like pop, rock, heavy metal, alternative, classical, some country and oldies. I like some hip hop but I never could get into rap music too much.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Country!

Watching the top 20 music videos on CMT. Little stories, each one.

9. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Rock, metal,alternative,oldies pop, esp the Motown sound. Some country,esp cross-over,love ballads like Don McLean's and Gordon Lightfoot's,funk,soul,some hip hop, oldies rap..

10. Michael

Michael New Member

During the Pleistocene my grandmother played a slide guitar solo that lasted for 8 years.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

During the Pleistocene? LMAO :D

12. June-

June- New Member

Do we know your grandmother?

13. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Wow..but why not 8000 yrs? Did she get tired? Or did the slide wear down?

14. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I'm listening to Alice In Chains right now.....good stuff.

15. burd

burd New Member

I could OD on this guy. Love, love, love him, for many years. Solo or with Wallflowers. Superb song writer. I saw him play a couple times with his band, a cool outdoor venue and at a nightclub. As the band they rock more, solo he is a bit more laid back. What's cool is that on his latest album the back-up singers are favorite music artists of mine on their own, Neko Case with Kelly Hogan. Saw them this summer. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYsPBm_ylQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk5KXw41Uis

16. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I listen to music to suit my mood, all different types, but country is the best. And today as I'm walking, a song pops into my head from out of nowhere, and now it won't go away.

I am woman hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore
    And I know too much to go back and pretend
    Cause I'm still an embryo with a long, long way to go and I'm never going to lose my way again!

Anyhow........

17. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Yes, I am wise, but it's wisdom born of pain...

18. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Ain't that the truth! Lol

19. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I love music, all music so to speak. Classical is my favorite but I love big band music, also love country/western. Not too hot on hip hp or rap. Love Beethoven. After all he is my fellow Sagitarian and it is rumored that he had Menieres. To top it off, neither of us could hear very good.

20. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Good choice! That song is so uplifting. Helen Reddy - a great Australian :)