What is Love? Please add your definition of love!

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Aladdin, Mar 6, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Jean F

Jean F Its still a beautiful world!!

Yes Charisse I go along with you, What a perfect and lovely definition!!
    Love to all Jean F

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

3. Inspired

Inspired New Member

My husband, who brings me coffee in bed and asks how my hearing is today. If in return he thinks that I provide him with laughter and lightheartedness, then we both have won in love.

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

5. Jean F

I wish I had a hubby like yours!! But in all fairness he is out working before I even open my eyes, So I know he shows his love for me in other ways, and I in mine..... Lovely post x x

6. Ceeka

Ceeka New Member

On Sunday I drove my daughter to her baby shower and when she walked in everyone in the room began singing "No Truer Love". The room was so beautifully decorated it took my breath away; then, I realized my daughter was just standing there gently cradling her son through her body. As her happy tears fell I couldn't hold them back myself.

I don't know if everyone knows, but my daughter has purposely chosen to become a single parent. Her friends gave her a "family friendly" baby shower. The room was filled with wee babies (two weeks old) to a ninety-three year old great-grandmother. I can't describe how wonderful it is to know she has the support of so many generations of friends and family. I was mesmerized on that Sunday afternoon by the love freely given and received - the best gift of all.

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

8. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

Love is holding my hand out and knowing it will be taken. Love is the moment after the honeymoon period when one realizes it's still good- even better than before. Love came at 3 in the morning 3 years ago when all was still and dark and the only two people in the world at that moment were myself and the little life moving and kicking beneath my skin. That's love. :)

-Brooke

9. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

mother's love is amazing

10. Sami

Sami New Member

As it is written:

"Love never gives up,
    never loses faith,
    is always hopeful,
    and endures."

Love and hugs.....
    Sami..... :-*

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

beautiful words sami from a
    beautiful perso n

12. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

the smile on Dear Wife's face when I tell her she has beautiful legs. :)

13. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

washing a gazillion loads of laundry for college student (baby) and having the phone ring a zillion times when she's here having a disagreement over something trivial; her kissing me on my cheeks and sleeping with me in bed...

14. lillyrose

lillyrose Life is short live it not diet.

God and unconditional is what love means to me.

15. Kitkatbella7

Kitkatbella7 New Member

love is the relaxed feeling of being with people who understand you.

love is being able to write a 20 page letter of your feeling to a close friend and receive a 30 page letter in return for he understands everything and has his own things you understand for him.

love is being able to talk for 9 hours and not hate eachother then see eachother the next day and just give great big hugs and not have to say a word to know what the other is thinking! hehe

me and my best friend are like that and i love him to death.

16. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

when i'm about to fall and someonce says i've got you - you won't fall

18. Kitkatbella7

Kitkatbella7 New Member

love is when you can survive without someone but when they are coming back around, you cant stop being gittery or smiling the biggest smile ever!

love is something that can inspire you to write anything and everything with the deepest, truest emotions possible!

19. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

20. Jean F

When you feel cosy, warm, and at one with the universe...