What have you learned today?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by shartsoe, Apr 30, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope she's still young enough to change. Maybe she fears your disapproval. For some reason kids think that we won't love them anymore if they don't tell us the bad and the good. I hope things get better for you

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I believe she'll be fine.

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I learned that my youngest doesn't appreciate me. I learned that she doesn't remember any positve lessons I've taught her.
    I learned that your heart can be broken by the one you love the most in this world.

4. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

"lock out" my pelvis. :)

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Beautiful new avatart!

What does lock out my pelvis mean?

I saw the smiley face, but I don't understand? How close are you to delivery?

:-*

6. Aliza

A little something that helps getting out of bed easier. I'm closer than I was yesterday! :)

7. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I learned that Joe McDonald (Country Joe and the Fish) was an air traffic controller with the navy before dropping out and becoming a hippy.

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

That my 6 year old is really good at soccer---- he is 6 and got moved up to the 8 year old league.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Wow, that's great!

Give. Him a high-five for me!

Today I learned that driving 1/2 hour to a different Hosp., made all the difference in the world!
    Yes, I am driving hubby's car! And at night!

YAY, kudos to Dr. Downey, and this board.

10. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I learned what FFS means.

11. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

And, I'm learning to laugh at myself and not take life too seriously.

I was in Wal Mart with my toddler the other day and a nice man behind me said, "Oh, you're babysitting today?" Thinking he meant I looked too young to have a toddler, (which I got ALOT when my girls were younger) I beamed with pride and said, "No, he's mine." To which I received a kind of startled "Oh!" It wasn't until I left the store that I realized his meaning --- I looked too OLD to have a toddler and I must surely have been babysitting my grandson.

I kind of laughed at myself the rest of the day. My how perspectives change with age.

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I know what you mean. People thought I was my son's girfriend when they first met me long ago ;D I don't get that anymore at all!

13. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I learned that even with my dry sense of humor this is not the place to have any fun.

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I learned that sometimes strangers are giving and loving, and seem you know you their whole lives.
    My thanx to the lovely perfume sales rep, and the perfume counter ladies at Macy's.
    I spent some money, but I got back tenfold with their generosity and embracing natures!

Also, ANGEL perfume is the best scent I've smelled in a very long time!

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

How very hateful some people can be...again

16. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

My son is maturing! In a very good way! How rewarding.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

That's great, Shart!
    I'm also so proud of my youngest son. He will be 24 on July 3, same day as my twins, who will be 31 on the same day, isn't that funny. I've never really been given any reason to be proud of my twins, since they were 16.

Today I learned that being a supportive wife, even in the worst of times, has its rewards.
    A long walk on the beach, picking up seashells, holding hands.
    Then a walk under the pier, it's like you're in a different world under there.
    And, yes, even at our age, hugging and kissing with the water running over our feet.
    A very lovely experience indeed.

18. Aliza

The power of a smile can heal a frozen heart

:)

19. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I know exactly what you mean.I'm looking at that person right now.

20. Aliza

Magic Eraser is the BOMB!