What have you learned today?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by shartsoe, Apr 30, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

2. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I was watching Jeopardy this even and one question Alex Trebek asked the contestants was,What leafy vegetable regulates blood sugar?
    And the answer was,Chard.I didn't know that.Swiss chard regulates blood sugar.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I didn't know that. I eat it many times a week because I love the taste of it.

4. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Envy makes people so ugly.

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

True ... I don't understand envy. I like jealous but at the same time happy for the person :D

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Something emotional must be out of whack in a big way in someone's life when s/he feels the need to constantly envy other people and put them down for the most trivial things. I think you know what I mean :)

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Not sure what you mean if you are referring to a person/situation but in general I know what you mean. :D

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Not anyone in particular. I don't think we know the same people :D

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

;D

11. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Each person's tongue has a unique "print," just like their fingers do.

12. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

We created today by our thinking yesterday, and we'll create tomorrow by our thinking today.

13. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

You're born with a full sized cochlea. That explains why children can get CIs and not have to get re-implanted as they grow. I never knew this.

14. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Despite our efforts to reach out, some people are only happy when they are unhappy.

15. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

So true my friend :(

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Overall body flexibility, but especially lower body flexibility, is a good indicator of how flexible your arteries are. Studies show that if you can't touch (or even better go past) your toes while seated with legs in front of you, then your arteries have a high chance of being stiff too.

17. June-

June- New Member

Drat! That is bad news for me. But i haven't ever been able to touch my toes, even as a kid. I have long legs ...

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It doesn't matter how long or short one's limbs are; flexibility is flexibility. Maybe go back to practicing yoga?

19. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Crickets have hearing organs in their knees!

Sarita, I just sat down and tried out my flexibility. Fortunately, I could reach my toes (not much further though).

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

That's good for many reasons...mostly lower back pain, core strength (which we need anyway) and balance. One thing I haven't let fly out of the window is flexibility. Things like sit-and-reach, the zipper test, etc. are important...especially for our age group.

Jiminy cricket! How about them knees?! ;D