Weekly allergy shots, a lot more pain

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by WhitHanFan84, May 29, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. WhitHanFan84

WhitHanFan84 Doing what I love....traveling to concerts!!!

Is that normal? I just got home from having them done and my arms feel like they are about to fall off! I let them know at the office that I was hurting but they didn't seem concerned.

2. June-

June- New Member

I am not sure what you mean by pain. I think you should probably inform the allergist who overseas this. The one who makes up the vials. It may impact the concentration they put in them. You need to describe the pain for them. Is it a lump in the muscle where the nurse stuck the needle or some other kind of pain? Are you showing any other kind of reaction? Swelling, itching either locally or elsewhere on your body?

3. WhitHanFan84

WhitHanFan84 Doing what I love....traveling to concerts!!!

I have no idea if there's any lumps or swelling; my vision's too bad for me to tell. All I know is that I feel like I've been frogged over and over on both arms.

4. June-

June- New Member

I generally feel the lump on my arm if there is one with my other hand. They give me my shot kind of on the back of my arm usually. How many shots are you getting? I only get one.

Did you get these shots in the allergists office up til now? If so, are you experiencing more pain? If so, I would talk to the nurse or dr at the allergist's office.