Vertigo Pictures - Graphic May Cause Dizziness

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Aladdin, Oct 16, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

nass-Sometimes when a person is scared they react differently to situations or words and can judge another unfairly as I sometimes do you. But I imagine your body is going through a tremendous amount of change and you are no longer capable of doing things or activities you once enjoyed or that defined who you were and that is scary. But with change you will find hope and courage. I know you don't have a diagnosis or clue as why your body is failing you (ears - vestibular) but you have the courage and strength to be a great assett and blessing to many. You have a strong desire to help and educate those who suffer as well.

Shut up is a strong word and my momma taught me not to use 'it' but darn you get the irish in me flared at times and i know solari wouldn't allow me to type the other words flying through my brain - haha

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

some photos were taken during an attack and my hands were shaking - literally shaking and i just kept clicking

the other ones which depict eyes moving and other symptoms were done through yahoo photo at the time they had a great photo edit option but no longer have it available - if i could find a similar photo editing ? on line i'd buy it -i'm not as sophisticated as danny is yet but i'm trying to learn

continue with your interests in photography- show what you got - help us make others aware

xoxo

3. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

None of those pictures bothered me at all - it is probably supposed to suggest the distorted view of how you feel while under an attack. :p :p Ick - it all seems to swirl. It is not what it looks like so much as how we see it.

Nassman asked what visuals actually triggers attacks and for me - it only is happening when I am vulnerable for an attack (the rest of the time these things wouldn't bother me at all) and that is checkered and striped patterns like mini blinds, wall paper, looking through a screen door, tiles on the floor.

Then if you combine noise around you, the smells - if you are working - like the ink, the paper and others colognes and after shave, the vibrations of noise (ventilation's and radio and machinery) - the sounds of printers, fax machines and other office noise, computer keys and photocopiers. Then add the smell from someones coffee and lunch smells or body odour of someone who won't use a deodorant or bathe but once a week or less. Combine all those together for a good sensory overload where all the senses seem vulnerable that trigger attacks. It is not just what we see, it is what we hear, what we feel and what we smell.

I was told that the reason fluorescent lights may trigger attacks is because the emit a low level sound we really can't hear but it is there and probably picking it up as well as the flickering it emits, that most are totally unaware of.

Grocery stores with so much noise from speakers, music and ventilation as well as the machinery, people talking and moving about - it still gives me a feeling that flee or freak out. I don't do grocery stores for long.

When we are vulnerable - all those things will trigger attacks as well as what we might eat.

I am happy that now I have only had feeling like that 4 times this year. I take a pill and sit a while and I am good to go again and not have an attack. Another close call averted and I am happy.

Everyone differs. I speak only for myself and what I remember. It's been 5 years now. :D :D :D I don't want to revisit it ever again. ???

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

SCDS - vertigo by sound/pressure, hearing loss/fluctuation, autophony, hear internal noises, stationary items move, drop attacks, tinnitus

MM - vertigo, hearing loss/fluctuation, tinnitus, pressure among many other symptoms

MAV - Migraines associated with vertigo.

These three disorders have similar symptoms and yet each a different trigger. Smells, lights, odors, for MAV, MM - an attack via food, STRESS, or weather, noise, lights, sounds, smells, - SCDS - high pitched singing, lazer printers, phones, women and children's voices, low sounds and pitches, lightening, refrigerator, fluorescent lights, sneezing, laughing, coughing, lifting, bending... - I do hear the refrigerator and freezer noise/frequency and it drives me insane - i avoid mega food chains or markets, dog whistles, weather, pressure/altitude changes & movement - motion -

all triggers for vertigo or attacks

5. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

a lot of the pictures I posted are what my eyes see maybe because of SCDS maybe not - but a person's face will start to move and distort at times or maybe a facial feature will move - my eyes jump a lot so what I perceive to be reality isn't - i can spin or you can spin either way my brain is getting the wrong signals and thus havoc
    xoxox

6. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Very interesting. Thanks! Lisa :)

7. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

I am having a really bad day!

[​IMG]

8. nassman

nassman Guest

Well, as the saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"....

(pics not taken by me)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

nassman .... ;) nice pics....especially the last one.

10. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

All of the pictures are extremely well done.

Nassman - wow!!

11. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

This is one of my favorites.

12. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

And this.

13. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

tuck has a picture he made with a photograph on a wall at the end of a long hallway,
    every time i have to go to my neurotologist for an appt i have this same sensation
    there is a long hallway we have to go down and there is a large painting at the end,
    i just take deep breaths and one day i am going to ask that the painting be taken down :eek:

14. tucker

15. carolanne

carolanne Lily

Wow, the one posted by Nassman really captures how vertigo looks for me. I can't look at it for very long. It actually looks like it's moving :eek:

16. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

nassman-the fence link captures my every day view of the world...just looking at it made me queesy a feeling I get most every day - merci

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

danny - second to last picture - do i have permission to use?

18. tucker

19. pardonme

pardonme Guest

20. kay

kay New Member

While the photos are very interesting, something must be wrong with me because they did not cause dizziness nor do they remind me of what I see when I have a spin. For me things tilt but don't distort. Also, it feels like I am spinning not what I am seeing. Is this true for the rest of you? Or, do I have something that might not be MM afterall?