update on my daughter

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by saggy4, Oct 5, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. saggy4

saggy4 New Member

she went to her ear doc today, and he told her she has this mm in both ears. hearing or something is 53 in one ear now and 56 in the other. he told her he was gonna increase her medicine by 25 percent so it is now 50 mg and not 25 mg, dont know name, but it wasnt the zoloft or the directic pill. there are 2 others medicines she takes, one is valiums, dont know the other.
    also he told her there is another medicine , cant think of name, starts with a c or p, i think, but he told her that is last cause it monkeys with your emotions.bad... if this doesnt work, he said something about going into the ear drum and taking out the fluid, dont know name of that.. but only in the worst ear. as for cause she ask if it could have been cause from her ear injury, he said he cant really say for certain, so that is what is going on with her. thanks all.

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Saggy4 and thanks for the update. The "p" medicine is probably prednisone. It's a steroid and they are trying to improve and/or salvage her hearing. I hope it works!

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Saggy (I love your name) thank you for taking care of your daughter, for believing her. It is a grievous thing for a family member to discount someone who is hurting with an innner ear disorder.

4. saggy4

saggy4 New Member

i forgot to mention that when the doctor drains the fliuds in the ear drum, he is gonna put steroids in there, in place of the fluid.

5. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

It sounds like the doctor thinks she has an autoimmune problem. I hope that this procedure will bring some relief of her symptoms.

Gwen

6. Leon

Leon New Member

Saggy,
    I hope your daughter feels better soon. Sounds like she has a good doctor who is genuinely interested in her condition.
    Leon

7. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Saggy, has she looked into the meniette? It is a machine that pumps air into your ear to displace the fluid and relieve symptoms. A lot of docs are skeptical but boy has it helped me, as well as others on this forum. (Not everyone, but some VERY much). You can also try it during a free trial period before purchase) Just FYI.....good luck, Lisa (You need an ear tube to use it, this can be put in at the docs office in under 5 minutes)

8. nassman

nassman Guest

How old is your daughter?

9. saggy4

saggy4 New Member

it is this, the doctor may do. it is the last resort, cause she has it baddddddd in both ears and is missing at least 3 days work out of 5 a week... constant virtigo attacks..

Intratympanic Steroid Treatment For Meniere's Disease

found here

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/treatment/it-steroids.htm

10. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Don't dismiss trying the meniette either.......you can find info postings on it here on the site and also at www.medtronic. com. Lisa :)