Turmeric Root: Another person sees their symptoms begin to vanish

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by earshurt, Dec 26, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Fair enough.

2. Jordan

Jordan New Member

For pregnant and breastfeeding women, there is no room to experiment. If a label says that there is insufficient evidence to rate the safety of a medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding then the woman should not take it unless her doctor says the potential benefits outweigh the risks. Even then, she must make an educated choice. In the case of turmeric, the potential for miscarriage is clearly spelt out. For someone to come and say that WebMD is driven by corporate greed and thus can't be trusted on this point does not make sense to me.

3. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I probably wasn't clear enough and I apologize. I don't disagree with the information you posted about pregnancy and its obviously good advice to be cautious. I don't think WebMD is driven on greed on "this point", but I do know they are driven on greedy dollars for the most part so I take most of their information with this in mind. We can talk about WebMD in it's own thread though and I think it would be a good one to illustrate the point.

4. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

how about the story from Tom47 himself?

5. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

& what are the capsules made out of
    I get organic ground from a great health food store in kingston, but I cook with it & they could have gotten it from frontier. I've dealt with frontier for many years but never thought of this. great post. I think it's a beladonna, but who cares. the kingston termerick is pretty dark

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I agree...

I looked up Tom47 and I am somewhat suspicious. He has posted 11 times since joining in Novemer and 10 of those posts are on specific topics that earshurt is talking about (turmeric and candida) and no posts on anyone else's threads except his first post on vestibular implants. I too am interested in hearing his story from him.

One would think if he was here for Meniere's or MAV questions and support that he would be posting on other threads not just with earshurt since earshurt himself has just come onto the scene here.

As with all things on the internet I tend to be a little skeptical and cautious. Now if earshurt was reporting on a long time member who we are all familiar with I would give more weight to the findings but I am sure that a long term member would tell us that they were trying what earshurt is promoting especially if they were experiencing a benefit from it.

7. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Not everybody ;)

8. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

oui, mais combien de temps? Just curious.

9. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

C'est vrai.

and now back to our regularly scheduled English

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Disagree... why would one give the benefit of the doubt to someone who you only know through an internet connection?? People are not always who they appear to be and when there are warning signs one should consider them.

Doubt is your minds way of saying proceed with caution, to blindly believe when one doesn't know another's motive is not wise.

My mind is always open but that doesn't mean I believe everything that someone is saying. I listen, evaluate, consider and then come up with my opinion.

11. CGR

CGR Guest

Regardless of what his motive is, hes not really making any new claims that havent been made a dozen other places

12. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I have no opinion on whether turmeric works or not... the jury is still out on that one. I would be very interested in hearing from a long-timer here who tries it.

What I am suspicious about is these "new" people who show up to either agree with or denounce a poster. It is happening a lot lately and therefore I am suspicious of new posters who come here for specific reasons and do not act and ask questions like a regular newbie.

13. Wino

Oh, come on. I'm not that bad.

14. Wino

I said "I'm," not "it's." But dammit, when you have to explain a joke it just doesn't have the same effect.

15. Wino

I did not. Ahora estas ciega arriba de estar sorda!

16. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

HIJACKED!!!!

17. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I still want to hear from Tom47.
    carry on all...

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I do remember Papajoe saying that. Thanks.

I would be interested in hearing from people here who suffer our symptoms trying it. Like people here who tried JOH, anti-virals, vit. C, Nystatin for Candida, etc.

Real life testimony from people we know.

19. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I'm not sure why there would be any doubt or suspicion about this. I simply found something that works really well for me and wanted to share it with other people. A lot of people on this forum do the same thing and it seems natural for us to want to help each other.

There have been hundreds of medical studies done on Turmeric. There is no mystery as to how and why it does what it does. Millions of people all over the world get great relief from using Turmeric. It is a major anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and it does other things. I didn't know JOH was using it too until a couple of weeks ago. JOH is using the pure extracted form as "curcumin". I guess he and I both found it and decided it would be beneficial. I will post studies on it.

As far as how and why Tom47 came to this forum and why it appears his attention was centered around me, he came to this forum because he found my information on the internet. He was using a forum called "floatertalk" when he found me here. Tom47 specifically joined this forum because he wanted to post in a thread started by me. Tom47 wanted to talk to me about my situation because he felt like what I had done for myself may work for him.

I have found Tom47 to be just like us. He suffers, he wants his life back, and he is willing to search the ends of the earth to make it happen for himself. He is very intelligent and does good research. When he finds things of interest he dumps them in my mailbox like the nice guy he is. To denigrate Tom47 simply because he is a new member is a bit rude don't you think?

I have asked Tom47 if he will speak in the forum about this and maybe he will. I get the impression that he does not tune in to this forum like a lot of us do and he probably does not even know this thread exists. Who knows, he may sign in and say "well I thought it was working but now I don't think it is". Or he may say "wow this is great it it working like crazy". I don't know what he will say, I only know what he has said so far.

It is easy to find stories about people who get relief by using Turmeric. The internet is full of them. The internet is full of studies on Turmeric. I would suggest that instead of reflexively saying "hocus pocus" people do their own research and look for themselves. I will post some studies on it though.

20. thornapple

thornapple New Member

thanks for this! I am going to try it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turmeric it's in the ginger family.

by the way, I AM allergic to tomatoes and potatoes and bell peppers (nightshade family), hehe, but luckily not to ginger and its friends.