To Iowatriker.... thank you

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by GinaMc, Oct 8, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

Iowa.... thanks for your story, and the advice on checking on the dr. that is performing my surgery. He is based out of Froedert Medical College in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and his name is Ashley (Philip) Wackym. When I was in the initial consultation discussing this surgery I did ask him those questions as to how many he has done.... how often, etc.. his response was.. too many to count.. and that they usual try the gent first versus surgery for obvious reason but because as I explained the gent didn't work he felt it was time to just cut the nerve to get the vertigo to stop. I agreed.

Just to hear that you traveled 1500 miles and rode your bike 2000 miles this year made me cry... with hope... I just want my life back... or even just some of it. I want to be able to take my kids to the fair and be able to watch them ride the carnival rides, I know I may not be able to ride them myself.. I have accepted that.. but to just go and watch the rides and not get sick.. I want to travel... and be able to know i'll be ok. so many things I can't even get in to.. just getting out of bed and being able to go to work again... i could go on and on.

I know my first week or so of recovery with be tough, they explained to me that I will have severe vertigo the first few days for sure... but plan to keep me in ICU to control the vertigo with high doses of valium... fine... keep me sedated to get thru it.. then slowly get me out of bed and moving... 5 to 7 day hospital stay and then hopefully return home to recovery, he fells i should be able to return to work 2 to 3 weeks thereafter... I just hope so. I know not to push it, I know my limits but yet you just wish you could snap your fingers and it will be over.

Thank you again... if you have anything else to add to help me thru this I would appreciate it... my prayers are there trust me.. and I am very fortunate to have many praying for me too.

God bless
    GinaMc