tired anyone?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by SMC, Oct 9, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. survivedit

survivedit New Member

Hey Thornie - I can fall asleep sitting up, too. I've even done it at the dinner table! I'm with everyone else here. I think fatigue should be the 6th symptom of MM. I haven't had a bad spell in over a yer, but I'm dizzy 24/7 and that's enough to take it out of me. One doctor made the analogy of being on a boat on the ocean all day. Even though you're not doing anything but sitting and riding around on the boat, when you get off the boat at the end of the day, you're exhausted. It's your vestibular system working overtime to try to keep you as upright as possible and the whole body pays for it. Like Di said, pace yourself, know your limits.

Hey maybe we'll never get Alzheimer's if our brains are working so hard all the time! That from the silver lining in every dark cloud department.

Bob W

2. ariapace

ariapace New Member

i'm going to go take a nap.
    see you later.
    :)

3. gtrvox

gtrvox our pooch Hugo

Ditto what everybody else said...whenever there is anything wrong with our body or mind, even in the slightest, our brain tries to compensate for all the energy that gets expended fighting the symptoms. Sometimes this manifests as excessive tiredness but sleeplessness is not uncommon.

Mind you, the Spanish have known for centuries that naps are good for you...just try to enjoy the siesta!

George

4. BarbaraA

BarbaraA New Member

The only time I can nap during the day is if I've had a real bad attack. I do take 1 tylenol PM everynight to make it through the night. Otherwise, I wake every 2 hours. I can get 8 or 10 hours a night & still wake up feeling like I got 4 hours of sleep. It was not so long ago where 5 hours a night would be good enough for me. At least it seems not so long ago :)