Through the Word in 66 Days

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Titus, Aug 9, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

A few years back we went through the bible together. We focused on one book a day, picked out a verse that spoke to us on that day, and posted it. I miss the blessings that brought. Whoever wakes up first, gets to start the new day with a verse :)

SUNDAY, AUGUST 9 - GENESIS

And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. Genesis 2:3

SO EVERYBODY POST A VERSE FROM GENESIS TODAY

2. sparrow

sparrow Guest

I like that idea Kim !!!

The light shines in the darkness

John 1:5

Sparrow/PS Did I misunderstand here? Do you want everyone to focus on Genesis for the day and to find a verse ?

3. Titus

Titus New Member

Yes, each day we'll start a new chapter....so today Genesis, tomorrow Exodus...and so on.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

HAPPY MONDAY, AUGUST 10 - EXODUS

Thus did Moses: according to all that the Lord commanded him, so he did. Exodus 40:16

5. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Exodus 20: The Ten Commandments 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
    5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
    7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
    8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
    12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
    13 Thou shalt not kill.
    14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
    15 Thou shalt not steal. 16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
    17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

6. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Exodus 15:2 The Song of Moses and Miriam

The Lord is my strength and my song, he has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise him, my fathers God and I will exalt him.

Sparrow

7. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Great verse Sparrow, with the Lord as our strength, How can we fail,, Praise the Lord!!!

8. Titus

Titus New Member

Sparrow, Your verse found its way into my heart and made me feel joy.

9. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

:) (my eyes are bouncing so can not read Bible yet)

10. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

exodus 23 v.1

do not spread false reports. do not help a wicked man by being a malicious witness...and son on (mercy and justice)

11. Titus

Titus New Member

TUESDAY, AUGUST 11 - LEVITICUS

You must be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy. Leviticus 19:2

12. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

geez - just when i thought i was caught up i post yesterday's - this dyslexic is gonna get me as i try and post from Bible to board :)
    give me a while

13. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Me too !!! Will post later on today. Nystagmous is bad today.

Sparrow

14. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Leviticus is all about being Holy,, great verse Titus!!

15. Titus

Titus New Member

(((((((((Aladdin and Sparrow)))))))))))
    Prayers for your both.

16. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I skimmed thru Deuteronomy - I mean Numbers late last night early this AM. The only verses that really stuck out and meant something were the blessing...

6:24-26
    The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

17. Titus

Titus New Member

BLESSINGS FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12 - NUMBERS

So they set out from the mountain of the Lord and traveled for three days. The ark of the covenant of the Lord went before them during those three days to find them a place to rest. The cloud of the Lord was over them by day when they set out from the camp. Numbers 10:33-34

18. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Numbers chapter 6, a PRAYER OF BLESSINGS!! That is so good Aladdin,, I use it a lot for witnessing and just a reminder to myself that the Lord is always with me and nothing can change that.../The Lord marches before us to guard our every step!!

24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
    25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
    26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

19. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i'm going to start next chapter as it takes my eyes awhile to focus and read :)

20. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

August the 13th DEUTERONOMY

DEUTERONOMY 4:39

39 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.