Thinking about buying a Volvo

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Artlover, Dec 3, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Volvo wagon. I put a lot of miles on my car going to work. I have had Fords for quite some time now and they are fine but always wanted one. Anyone have any advice/tips? I hear with BMW's that parts are expensive. Do Volvo's break down? Is it worth it? Thanks for any info.

Sally

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Your best bet would be to stop by a few auto repair shops and ask about their Volvo repair rate. They would know if it's something worth buying or something that nreaks down easily as well as the estimated cost of parts and repair.

3. Artlover

Ok, thanks.

4. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

We have a Volvo SUV that we've had for 5 years, and it's been one of the best cars I've ever owned.

5. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I once owned a used 8 cyl.Volvo GLE.I had a lot of problems with it and finally got rid of it.

6. Titus

Titus New Member

They are not known for their stellar reliability....but they sure do look pretty. Want reliability? Buy a Lexus or Acura.

7. Artlover

I bought one! A bronze wagon. I am very excited. I pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips
    xo Sally

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Congrats Sally :) Enjoy your new ride.

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Sweet! Glad you found what you wanted.

10. Artlover

Thank you all. It's a beauty!