The Stock Market hit an all time high today, but wait

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by bulldogs, Mar 5, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

There is no alternative to the world market. That's all there is. Unless you try to time the market. That's nuts imo. I just ride up and down year after year and it works out fine.

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I agree, nobody can time the markets. I am just an index investor with about 5 individual stocks.

I am really thinking of buying some rental properties (hard assets) as a hedge against the dollar and inflation.

I mean will we ever see 3% interest on 15/30 year mortgages in our lifetime again? I think this is all unprecedented in many aspects.

The problem is the rich keep getting richer and the poor and working class keep getting squeezed. Wages must start rising for the poor and working class IMO. Wealth and wage discrepancy is way out of balance IMO.

Everybody have a great night.

3. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

David, u still got UNXL I see it closed today at 9.18

This correction could be a little painful, hang in there and stay the course.
    These inflated assert prices could not keep going up.

Central Banks flooding the market with money, manipulating currencies and company buy backs have spurred this bull market for a long time. It had nothing to do with bottom line revenue growth or wage increases to spur consumer spending.

Falling stock prices is a great thing, you have the opportunity to buy more shares when good companies go on sale. Look at it as a supermarket so to speak, when fruits and beef ect....go on sale load up and buy a lot.

Be aggressive when others are fearful and fearful when others are aggressive.

Hang in there!

4. daBronx

daBronx New Member

No,I no longer own Uni-pixel.
    I'll tell you what I currently own,PHK,LNCO,PSEC,AWF,KMM,EOS,GGN,GABUX,all high yield monthly paying income funds and stocks.

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Nice call, dividend oriented companies are often boring nondescript companies but with patience and time they will make you incredibly rich.

Take Altria and Phillip Morris for example, they are tobacco companies that have spent most of the last 30-40 years tied up in litigation and fighting with the gov't but just a few thousand dollars invested back in the 80's would have made you a millionaire many times over due to their strong dividends, stock buy back programs and free cash flow. ------the barriers to entry are unbelievable which gives the few tobacco companies a virtual monopoly.

The same can be said for such companies as Coca Cola, and Pepsi. KO (coca cola has pai a dividend since their existence and have raised if every year for over 50 years.

There is small town in Florida that was once the wealthiest town in the country from the residents coke stock and dividends. It is a small rural town of blue collar workers and farms.

6. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Sorry Dave, I forgot to I've you the name of the Florida town if ypu want to read about it. it is Quincy, Florida. a staggering amount of wealth resides there in KO (Coke) stock and dividends.