the logical side of being ill-logical

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by sparksmith, Sep 29, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

The logical side of being ill-logical

If I profess myself to be intellectual, I open myself to the scrutiny of all who have reasoning of there own. If I am caring and considerate I pass as being kind. We are created with both emotion and intelligence. Some contend that one distorts the other. The eastern culture has a term of Ying and Yang which denotes equal balance. One cannot always control their environment and the reaction is often emotional rather than rational. To express that logic is not affected by emotion is to not truly understand what makes us who we are. We may be well taught in suppressing our emotion but the underlying aspect of what we consider rational has a great deal to do with how we feel about it.

I stated earlier that we are created. Some would disagree. The debate between origins is an interesting one. I contend that both leave a great deal to faith. Nobody alive today can tell us what is was like at origin, so we must have faith in the information we are presented.

You may ask what all this rambling is about. I am not sure at present but felt compelled to share some thoughts. The title will lead you to the conclusion and the body is merely the struggle to arrive.

It seems that the best approach to relationship is to be ill-logical. Let your compassion override your reason and use intellect to guide the path of those seeking. Some want advice and some just want to be heard. To always express logic is to miss a vital part of existence. Love without restraint and you are bound to touch more of life.

God Bless,
    Mike

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

compassion and illogic the vehicle, logic and intellect the fuel?
    Mike, this is copyrite stuff. Beautiful to read and read again. Thank you friend
    Paul

3. burd

burd New Member

Very nice. I like that.

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Absolutely!!

5. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

You’re a poet and scholar! Or should I say you’re rhyme and reason.

Joe

6. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

I appreciate the compliments but I am just a vessel to carry thoughts and wonderment. I do not profess intelect.

7. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Mike, whatever you are, I enjoy your writing. Keep it coming.

8. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Mike have you had any contact with Tamarak? She is also an intellectual who enjoys philisophical discourse.

I like it!

9. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

Nope, the MM board is a non-contact sport :) J/K I really don’t consider myself an intellectual, but I do enjoy conversation anybody who replies or post for themselves these little thoughts of life are welcome to me.
    Thanks for the input and if Tamarak has insight to these things than by all means post and share. I know I have Paul’s “Amen” to that.

God Bless,
    Mike

10. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. Kathclimbs

Kathclimbs New Member

The humility of the messenger further complements the message. Please take this as a compliment, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and many of your posts.

Thanks for staying,
    Kathleen

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

13. Trinity

Trinity Bilateral Menieres 20 years, 24-7 symptoms,

excellent. I will read it over and over again Carole

14. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

carol:

you have a wonderful story to share with others as well. you have seen the worst and come out the other end as well.

15. June-

June- New Member

Yeah, it takes a while to learn this.

16. survivedit

survivedit New Member

I like it - thanks for resurrecting that.

I miss Linda, Joe and Kathclimbs