Suicide, has anyone ever contemplated it as an end to this "BEAST" Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, Mar 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Don't think about it

Just get dressed and do it

You will be so glad you did.....if you do! :)

2. dizzydoodle

dizzydoodle New Member

it has crossed my mind...but i am not a quitter. i try to remember that the lord does not put anymore on us than we can handle. but on the other hand i wonder if Karma has something to do with it. either way i go to bed every night Hoping that when i wake up that it will be gone. latley the only thing that has happened is that is has gotten worse. suicide is the easy way out.

dont get what i said wrong.....i would never go thru with it...like i said that would be quitting and letting this get the best of me. i am not a quitter

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

No, I really don't believe that's YOUR only answer.

Talk to us, we will try to help you.

We've all had days like that.

4. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Suicide is a viable option for ending mm symptoms, but it also takes your life as well. If that is what you want----- go for it

My recommendation would be to kills your ears and lean to rebalance yourself. Or use an electric wheelchair for your freedom and independence.

5. kay

kay New Member

I have posted my story of near suicide several times. Many of you have read it, so forgive me for repeating, but I want people to see why we should not do it.
    But, here is my story:
    I am 52 years old and have had symptoms of MM since I was 28 years old. I was not actually diagnosed until I was 35. It has been a very difficult road to travel. At 28, I was first told I had either a brain tumor or MS. I was a young mother recently separated from my husband of 5 years. My daughter was only 3. Everything I knew about brain tumors and MS was that they were horrible. I was a teacher and cheerleading coach and I thought my life was over. One night I wrote a very long good-bye to several of my loved ones, taped a message to my sleeping daughter and took out several bottles of valium and blood pressure medicines. I knew my sister would be at my house at 6:30 the next morning. It was approaching 2:00 am and I was so tired of the spinning and loss of balance that I was going to take every one of those pills, rest on the sofa and end it all. Suddenly, the phone rang. It was my best friend. She asked if something was wrong; she had experienced a terrible dream that I needed her. I told her what I was planning. She screamed into the phone, "How dare you? No one gets to decide how easy their lives will be. How dare you give it up because you are dizzy?" She rushed to my home and we talked. Needless to say, I did not take my life that night or attempt to ever do that again. Has it been easy? No. I missed my daugther's National Honor Society Induction because I was too dizzy to walk, I missed several of her cheerleading competitions, and I missed several days of school each year. BUT... I saw her graduate from high school, I saw her graduate with honors from college, I went to work with her on her first day as a teacher---my class room is just one building away. I remarried 8 years ago to a wonderful man. I have gotten a master's degree and I will hopefully retire in a few years with full benefits. And, yes, I have had days when I can barely make it to the bathroom to throw up, but I have had days when I can work in my yard and grow beautiful roses. I even experienced 4 wonderful years when I did not spin one time. Some days Walmart is out of the question, some days my buggy is full. I could go on and on. This disease is HELL, but you have to find Heaven in small moments. You have to believe that you have spin free days again. You will have amazing days. I think having MM has made me a better person. I now appreciate things more and I make the most of what is good in my life.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Hats off to you :-* :-*

7. AnneT

AnneT New Member

I am finding comfort in reading about near death xperinces. Many that happened because of suicide attempts resulted in that person not wanting to commit suicide anymore, in spite of the other side being so peaceful and wonderful - they gained a sense of purpose in our lives - love, compassion for ourselves and others, etc. It was also a relief that those who try to take their life, on the other side, are judged only by themselves.

8. Michael

Michael New Member

Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems. That said I respect an individuals decision to end their life how they see fit. I, myself, just don't see MM as reason enough to consider it an option. Especially after watching what freinds and family have gone through with terminal illnesses.