Sports thread!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by bulldogs, Apr 13, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I love college football Michael---- yes Bama could do it again this year but I think Georgia could surprise and I think Southern Cal maybe gets the title if they can get by Oregon.

I like Georgia and Bama in the SEC title game, but nothing is guaranteed with Georgia.

Lulu---- I think he wins the Cy Young ( he has my vote) and I think the Reds and Nats play for the National League Pennant.

Lulu--- I can't believe they have not extended manager Dusty Bakers contract--- he has done an amazing job there. I like Dusty Baker as a manager.

2. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

BD if the Reds organization doesn't extend Baker's contract it would be a real shame. He's been one of the most successful managers they've had. Maybe second only to Sparky Anderson who led them to winning two championships during his reign.

Negotiations are still being discussed so we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here. :)

3. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Not good, not good--- braves shut out today by the Dodgers 5-0.
    Loosing two out of three at home to the Dodgers is not good especially with the Nationals coming up.

Good news is that the Orioles beat the Tigers today 7-5. Nice to see my Orioles in it after years and years Of being irrelevant.

What a humbling game baseball is. If you fail 7out of 10 times you are a superstar. Amazing.
    They say the absolute hardest thing to do in sports Is hit a baseball thrown by a major league pitcher.

Don't fade on me now Braves.

4. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Oh boy BD the Nationals are a tough team to beat. Both times the Reds played them it did NOT go well. The first series they lost 3 games and won 1 and the second series they lost 2 games and won 1.

Good luck to the Braves and I hope they can pull off a sweep against the Nationals for you! :)

5. Michael

Michael New Member

" like Georgia and Bama in the SEC title game, but nothing is guaranteed with Georgia."

I like GA too but they never ever seem to live up to the pre-season. At least not since the days Hershel!!

6. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I thought it was nice to see Augusta National--- Home of The Masters golf tournament and and an all men's club announce they have invited Condaleeza Rice to join the club. The first woman offered a membership. Along with another women from South Carolina today--- an investor/fund manager.

It has been around since he early 1930's I believe.

Comgratilations.

7. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Football

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I'll take the Falcons and Ravens this year with the Ravens winning it all---- but the Bears and Packers scaring the shit out of me.

Surprise team= the Chiefs!

Colts= much improved, Luck could quickly make the fans forget a guy named Peyton, much like Rodgers did to Favre!

9. chrisk

chrisk New Member

I hear ya dog! Can't wait. I got the Direct TV NFL Sunday ticket so I can watch any game I want. First time I'm doing this and looking forward to a great season. Go Niners! We were one game from the superbowl last year and our team remained intact with some cool additions, I think if Alex Smith plays good this year we have a chance to win it all!

10. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

I cant wait either, I think it has to do with watching so many Olympic events, when it ended it left me , empty.

11. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Finally:

The Braves break through against the Nationals and win one 5-1.

It will be tough to catch the Nationals but hopefully they will hold onto a wild card position.

Another player busted for PED's today---- you want to stop this crap, lifetime bans!

If you cheat the game you deserve the lifetime ban as Pete Rose got.

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Come on Braves, this is a big series against the Giants. Will stay up to watch, game time is 10:15. Let's go Braves----- great pitching performance by Mike Minor last night.

13. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

You got to be kidding me, Roger Clemens is making a comeback at age 50!

Looks like a big trade could be going down in Boston---- sending Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett and Carl Crawford to the Dodgers. That is a huge trade!

Beautiful night here in Gwinett county watching the triple A Braves, can't wait to watch he big boys and Giants tonight at 10:15.
    Go Braves!

14. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

BD -- the Giants are doing well! Pray they make it to the World Series, because then my SIL can keep his job!

15. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Nice to see he Falcons put one on the Dolphins, was a Dolphins fan for 30 years but just can't support that product anymore, plus both my kids are big Falcons fans so the Falcons it is---- good times ahead with the boys.

I uses as I get older I becoming a bit of a homer----- Bulldogs, Braves and Falcons.

16. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Lance: say it ain't so. I used to like and respect you but now you are a fraud, a cheat and a liar.

Lance Armstrong is a doper who cheated the sport/game and should return all the Tour de France medals!

You cheat the game/sport you should be banned for life just as he was today from cycling.

You suck Lance!

17. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Braves bettwr get it together soon or it will be another collapse and they will loose their wil card position.

18. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Well---- the Dodgers just made a blockbuster trade, they acquire Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Josh Beckett. They are making a serious run at the pennant now.

A lineup that includes---- Matt Kemp, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier, Carl Crawford is deep and dangerous.

19. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Looks like the Falcons could be unstoppable on offense--- lots of weapons for Matty Ice: Julio Jones, Roddy Whote and Tony Gonzalez ( the best tight end to ever put on a uniform).

20. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

It sure was nice to see "The Team" in action today. Real professional!

Braves finally win one in SF a 7-3 win.

Jason Heyward is a bidding superstar in only his third year at the age of 23.