Sports thread!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by bulldogs, Apr 13, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

I agree the kids are great. If they win how many will return to school next year? Who will be offered NBA contracts?

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Great game, my team lost but I am happy for UCONN.

Congrats to all the UCONN fans.

3. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

If you have never been and are a sports fan, everybody should visit the Masters, if for nothing else than to walk a beautiful piece of real estate. I have been to three practice rounds and it is every bit as beautiful as on TV if not more.

I want Bubba Watson to close it out today., if not him than Matt Kucher. My perennial favorite Phil Mickelson missed the cut. It is an unforgiving game on an unforgiving golf course.

4. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

BD I just adore Phil very disappointed he didn't make the cut! Also cheering for Bubba. On my bucket list to go to the Masters.

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Congrats to Bubba! A good, classy man and I am happy for him.

Red, it is heaven on earth. Go to a practice round, it is amazing how close you get to the players and how friendly most are during the practice rounds, especially to the kids.

6. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I missed the Masters.Too bad about the 20 year old guy who ran into trouble.Even though he came in second he still pocketed $792,000.00.Not bad for just 4 days of work.
    For those of us who would still like to watch the Masters,check this out.
    http://tinyurl.com/ojo3zoc

7. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Woooo Hooo Hockey playoffs started, (sorry Bergs) was at the Ducks game last night, great win but Dallas almost came back. Ducks went up 4-0 but Dallas got three back finished at 4-3 so a close ending to the game. I'll be at Friday's game as well GO DUCKS!

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

They have the the Bruins and Red Wings on TV in Atlanta.
    Playoff hockey looks intense and very exciting.

9. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Great game last night can't believe Bruins lost it in the last 3 minutes...heart pounding game. Another one tomorrow at 3:00 go B's!!

10. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Bruins had a great game today....BD your Orioles are doing it again to my Red Sox....

11. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

The O's can hit, their pitching always let's them down.
    I saw the Bruins won today

12. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

My red Sox made a come back!!

13. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I went to bed sick--- lol
    The O's can't pitch

14. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

The Bruins looked great yesterday, finished off the Redwings and are on to the Canadians!!! If you like hockey, this is the series to watch! Go Bruins.

15. chrisk

chrisk New Member

What a finish in the Ducks/Stars series! Down two goals with 2:20 left and the Ducks pull their goalie and score two to tie it, then less than 3 minutes into OT they win!! On to the second round.

16. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Chrisk isn't this so much fun to watch? Have to love the playoffs!

17. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Love the playoffs, I'm a big hockey fan and living in California we've got three great teams. I live about 4 miles from the Honda Center where the Ducks play so I go to a lot of games, not a season ticket holder but I think I've been to about 25 games this year at both The Honda Center and Staples center where the Kings play.

That Kings game last night was incredible!

18. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I am not a hockey fan because I do not understand the game, but I must admit, playoff hockey is great entertainment. Very very intense! I like it a lot.

We get Penguins games and Bruin games occasionally down here in Atlanta, so I want one of those teams to win it all.

19. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Go Canadiens! :D

20. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

BRING IT ON! !