Sports thread!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by bulldogs, Apr 13, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Re: Braves

Yankees!

2. chrisk

chrisk New Member

I played Soccer and Hockey as a kid so I understand both games really well. Football it's only the pros for me, Baseball, going to a game is fun and relaxing, but on TV it's boring, basketball I just can't stand. All the stopping and time outs just drive me nuts, then if it's a close game near the end they start fouling on purpose. Stupid game.

Now hockey, best game to watch period, TV or live. Fast, few timeouts, no drawn out last few minutes, no ties! Overall IMHO the best game played today.

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Go Devils!!

4. chrisk

chrisk New Member

I bet you're glad to have them back too. There was no hockey there for awhile.

5. Tara

Tara New Member

16 long years. We had an AHL team for a while. My nine year old was kind of sad when they moved to Newfoundland, but I'm like, dude, if we can ever get tickets, you'll learn about the Jets and how much Winnipeg loves them. I was 21 when they left. It was hard, but now everything's right with the world. :p

6. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

My son has a Jets jersey from the first team. He also has a very gribbly cap that his wife hates so he wears it when she's not around.

He was at the playoff games when they had the white out. He said the upper tier was moving constantly and they thought it might collapse. Incredible atmosphere. Winnipeg has the best hockey fans anywhere, bar none.

Go Jets!

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Faded, as you know we are avid Giants fans!
    However.....now that the Jets have T-Bow, well who knows? Wouldn't a game between the two, which will happen, be exciting, I hope my they play at the Meadowlands, my son has tickets he will share with Hubby and I if and when we can arrange to go! Gotta pick That game very carefully, those tickets are better than Gold!

Have a good day! I like Sports!
    Is anyone watching The Olympics?

8. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Gina,

The Winnipeg Jets are a NHL hockey team.

I know nothing about American football teams.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Oops, sorry, my bad!

10. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

@Gina: yes I will watch the Olympics, I like to watch the women's beach volleyball, I think Brazil may be tough to beat this year. I also like the track and field and swimming.

@Faded: I used to love watching the old Edmonton Oilers with Messier, Gretzkyand company--- maybe the best team ever assembled.

For all the football fans out there: I predict the Falcons will win the Super Bowl--- that is my sleeper pick---- and USC will win national title in college.

What say you?

11. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Braves,

Not a big fan of the Oilers, always thought Gretzky was really exceptionally talented but came across as a whiner. I stood beside Messier in the Winnipeg airport once. The guy is huge!!!

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Yeah, that's the thing I think most people don't realize is just how big these hockey players are. Really big guys and very tough.

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Love your avatar BD :D

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

BD, how's the kids doing today?

What's the schedule like? LOL! Busy, I know!

My, "kids," are playing tackle on the rug, somehow the girl Pup always ends up winning! Go LUNA!!
    I'm nervous, so I'm chatty, LOL! Like I'm never chatty anyway! You know what I mean, everybody does! LMAO!

Nervous giggles I guess!
    How significant other? What's the latest purchase? LOL!
    Tell me, I know she's buying for the new home!
    Uhhhhhh, who's packing?

15. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I am working and packing, leaving for Delaware on Saturday for 2 more weeks, I love that place--- even though all I do at night up there is work. The ocean relaxes me.

Will catch up too you when I arrive.

16. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Great, we look forward to it!

17. Tara

Tara New Member

@Faded.... I have a 90's jersey too. Didn't have one back then, mind you, but oddly enough, I bought it last February to wear to a Manitoba Moose game, a mere 3 months before it was announced the Jets were returning. It's like I'm psychic or something! hahahaha. This February, I got to wear it to a JETS game, and I was very very happy.

American football doesn't interest me, so I have no idea who will win, nor do I care. lol

18. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

that's cool Ninja. Jets are my second favourite NHL team. I have a pair of Manitoba Moose socks that were thrown at me by the mascot when we were at a game in the old arena many moon ago. I have holes in the heels but I won't throw them out.

19. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

@faded and ninja: Who is your all time favorite CFL player?

Did you like Doug Flutie? I liked Warren Moon--- he was awesome!

20. Tara

Tara New Member

Uh, oh... you're a Habs fan aren't you? LOL I'm a BRuins girl.

Chris Walby.