Spiritual Warfare and Menieres

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Ringo, Nov 30, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Ringo

Ringo New Member

Over the years of having MD, three now, different people have spoken to me about the possibility of the presence of spiritual warfare in terms of being diagnosed with MD and being a minister while others have brushed it off.

I am still processing through it myself and not sure what I think.

What do you think?

2. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

i don't personally believe so but there are many who might...........i'm soooo dumb lately i even had to look it up but then i only look on the good side i know there is bad out there but our bodies are just mere shells and shells always get damaged overtime if that makes any sense.........you have to excuse me of late the pills for the neuropathy have took my brains with them :)

3. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Anything is possible, Ringo.

There is still so much out there that we do not understand, especially from an energetic standpoint, including quantum physics and how energy and thought manifest in others.

I do believe (and studies do show this) that you can make yourself sick simply through sheer willpower -- mind over matter in other words. I also believe you can heal this way as well (my meditations have helped me enormously, for example).

Anything more you can tell us that can help shed light on this?

Ray

4. June-

June- New Member

I don't know what you mean by that. Do you mean you could have brought this on by being conflicted about spiritual matters? Or that the devil is trying to raise havoc with one of God's soldiers?

In any event, I vote no. It's an illness like any other. We all get sick and eventually we all die. Fortunately this is not one of the diseases that usually kills us. If you frequent the living room you'll see many who have had success in treating it in fact.

5. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

You typed that you are a minister? Or did I mis read your post? What denomination are you a minister of? I don't know if you are asking your question from a Christian perspective or another religion. Could you explain further?

6. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

yep you can even hold past things in different parts of the body which can add to a lot of suffering...........i found this out the hard way when i had unexplained pain for a very long time and it wasn't until i went back and dealt with that issue..fully understanding and letting go did the pain go.....

7. Ringo

Ringo New Member

Thanks for your responses. I am a Uniting Church minister from Australia and work as a chaplain with people with mental illness.

Some people have suggested that due to working in the mental health field, I may somehow be under spiritual attack due to the devil (or whoever) trying to weaken me/the effectiveness of my ministry and hearing being such an important part of pastoral ministry.

I am still not sure what I think, hence trying to talk aloud

8. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Yep I do believe there are evil forces out there that are not seen or heard but do plenty of damage, and one of THEE biggest things for me has been staying in touch with reality and my surroundings 100% and not allowing anything or anyone to cloud or obstruct that for me.

9. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

It's also possible you are simply quite empathetic and open to other folk's energies when you are counseling them in the mental health field and you may be picking up on those. I can pick up on negative energies from some people and it can literally make you sick so you have you learn to shield it off or not take it on, etc.

Ray

10. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

nothing............changed my mind.

11. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

empathy can sometimes suck real bad especially if you don't realise what you are feeling is from others.........i didn't realise you were into all of this ray :)
    i have had this all kept hidden for a long time....didn't realise there were others here that knew and understood empathy and healing :)

12. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

You need to hold a white candle that is blessed before you even begin your day for only the white light from Jesus and the Heavens surround you and your gaurdian angels to keep away anyone/thing taking your energy and do it after each day is done. Bad things, as well as good can attach themselves to you, bless yourself and say a prayer with the blessed candle first.

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I believe you have prayed on this and I beleive anything is possible. Like some here, I believe the work you do can deplete your body of the defences it needs to ward off sickness. Is Meniere's a spirit that is attacking your body because you minister to other people? Only you can have the truth of that answer. It could be a weak area of your body that has worsened because you administer to people who's mental sickness affect you so deeply.

Whatever is causing your sickness, I hope that the good people of this site can help you with the things that have helped them combat this sickness. I truly hope that it's not spiritual in nature but natural (if you must have it I mean). Do you have any medical regieme that you follow to help cope with Meniere's?

14. rev

rev New Member

Ringo, I believe that it could be - but I can't tell you it is in your case. Look to your heart and His Word. Examine both. I had the same struggle for a while, then determined that I wasn't immune - how I handle it is where faith comes to work. This is one where I would suggest you search for an answer. I'll be glad to help guide you, but no one can discern it for you.

After I was forced to quit as a pastor because of menieres, I found that I could be used in other ways. It was terrible to work through. The toughest day of my life was the day I preached my last message and then stepped down from the pulpit. That was January of 2000. Being a pastor was not what I did, it is what I am. I can see that now.

15. Titus

Titus New Member

Bill, Yes it is what you are.....you are just preaching from a different pulpit. And your congregation expanded to include other cities, States, and Countries. I can say that I am one in your "congregation" that you have helped tremendously. Your e-mail reply to me a couple of years ago gave me peace.

16. June-

June- New Member

I think the people who make those suggestions are doing the most to weaken you.

17. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Big thumbs up June!