Should Nassman Stay

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Seadog, Sep 25, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Recently Nassman stated that someone should create a post as to whether he should stay or leave and

1. Stay

42 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Hit the road

28 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Become a kinder gentler Nassman

19 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Don't care

7 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Stick

Stick Guest

I'm not equating kkk and playboy. Forget it, it's a metaphor.
    Let me state it this way.

Having the name nASSMAN and the playboy avatar gives the impression that
    nassman is a sexist pig (like most men)

simply put I'm equating that: nassman + avatar = sexist pig.

It does offend some people, perhaps not you Aegir and I guess you cannot understand that. I bet nassman is not a member of NOW.

2. gilbyandnanc

gilbyandnanc New Member

I Think Everybody Deserves To Stay Here.......It is a great Place And I do believe That You should treat others The way You want to be treated............................

3. nassman

nassman Guest

Wow! Aren't you the poster child of making generalizations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, my real name is Nassos and I am a man. Hence, I took the "Nass" portion of my name and added it to the word "man" which = "nassman". Got it?

Secondly, I am a straight, single male and enjoy the company of as many women as possible. Therefore, the playboy avatar suits me. Does that make me a sexist pig? Hardly so. I respect women and have many women friends. I have a very close relationship with my mother and have always regarded women highly whether as friends, girlfriends, co-workers, etc. Capiche? So stop making me out to be a pig when I am not.

Lastly, there are many males on this site all of whom are very kind, generous, warm, and respectful individuals. I can tell you none of them are sexist pigs, as you call us. How dare you make such an assertion!!!

Sorry to break it to ya, but the bra-burning days are over. Time to let go of your hate....you sound very angry to me.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

5. joy

joy New Member

Holy Toledo Batman! I never noticed that!! Nassman, you naughty naughty boy.
    ;D

(Or maybe he's just a proctologist... ??? :eek: ::)

6. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

OMG...I never even thought twice about the name Nassman.Some people sure do look so deep into things.I guess this thread will just keep going because some people thrive on crap like this.I think I'll leave now and go think about how my menieres really sucks today!Isn't that the reason we are here in the first place..

7. DemonicSymphony

DemonicSymphony New Member

I'm back and voted kinder and gentler. I KNOW you have made huge strides... honestly I am basing my opinion on months old knowledge of you too(Since I've been gone for quite some time). Glad to see you're still around honestly :)

8. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

Nassman stays.

I happen to like contentious people, as long as they are capable of intelligent discourse.

That may or may not describe Nassman to many of you, but we're all entitled to state our opinions.

9. Stick

Stick Guest

Wow! Aren't you the poster child of making generalizations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, my real name is Nassos and I am a man. Hence, I took the "Nass" portion of my name and added it to the word "man" which = "nassman". Got it?

Secondly, I am a straight, single male and enjoy the company of as many women as possible. Therefore, the playboy avatar suits me. Does that make me a sexist pig? Hardly so. I respect women and have many women friends. I have a very close relationship with my mother and have always regarded women highly whether as friends, girlfriends, co-workers, etc. Capiche? So stop making me out to be a pig when I am not.

Lastly, there are many males on this site all of whom are very kind, generous, warm, and respectful individuals. I can tell you none of them are sexist pigs, as you call us. How dare you make such an assertion!!!

Sorry to break it to ya, but the bra-burning days are over. Time to let go of your hate....you sound very angry to me.
    [/quote]

It's about time. I'm been trying to get Nassman to rank on me for two weeks.
    What took him so long. That was a trashing well deserved (depending on where in
    the post he started reading) and he didn't even call me names. Seems to me he could
    of really gone to town on me and he didn't.

However my point was not that you are a sexist pig but MAY BE THOUGHT OF by some
    because of your avatar and name can be misleading. I did not by any means directly
    accuse you of being a sexist pig. If you read the whole line of posts regarding the
    avatar you would see the point. if you read in the middle it would look like I called you a
    sexist pig when in fact I was explaining why some people may be offended by the avatar,
    myself not being one. My apologies if you thought that and poor wording on my part. I have no hate and don't wear a bra (maybe a bro at some point). If you read all the replies concerning the avatar question
    you would see that my intentions were not to attack you personally but that the name and the
    avatar could be taken the wrong way because in another forum someone's avatar caused issues.

Anyways if you feel I should be voted out then by all means go for it.

10. Dizzybabe

Dizzybabe I love being called "Mommy"

WOW :eek: I now I'm fairly new but, I didn't know we where in the position to vote if someone stays or leave...I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And if you dont like it, ignore them. Easy to say when it's not directed towards you huh. Well I guess I'm a little bias on this situation because he never personally rubbed me the wrong way..am I lucky?? LOL ;D
    If he is suffering with this demon maybe he has some unresolved issues outside this forum he needs to address. But should have respect for people feelings here too. I can see how this disease can make someone an asshole if that's what he's being accused of.

I voted stay... and maybe having this poll should open his eyes that maybe he needs to have a different approach on his comments. And some consideration.
    Please no hate mail.. :)

11. June-

June- New Member

Nassman himself asked for this poll. I agree it is stupid and inappropriate.

12. JRod

JRod New Member

Greetings,

I have to get my lowly 2 cents in here. I couldn't vote as the voting must be over. Anyway, I'm always leary of these kinds of polls from the 50,000 foot view. Next someone else could be put on the chopping block. But, against my better discretion, I'll lay out my opinion:

I would vote I don't care. I tend to treat indivuals based on how they treat me. Even though I've never had a problem personally with the guy, I've seen several times in many a thread why this poll came to pass. Once is a fluke, twice is trend, 3 times is a pattern. And from what I've viewed we're beyond the pattern. I just choose to ignore his post. For me personally, for all the sports fans out there, it like having Terrell Owens on your team. The talent (in this case his contriubtions to posts) just isn't worth the baggage. Do I think he should be banned? Not at all. What I'm driving at is if you don't like a particular person on this board, at your job, or in your personal life just choose not to include them in your life or let them effect you. And I'm not saying I don't like Nassman (I don't know the guy) but I haven't enjoyed some of this posts to other members of the board. I actually enjoyed some of his posts but not when they're designed for the sole purpose of "stirring the pot." Anyway, I hope the seadog doesn't take a straw poll on me!!

Take care,

JRod

P.S. In addition, I'm using this post to vent my frustration on the Twins choking big time tonight against the Yanks. UUUUGH

13. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

I guess I too will be voted out too once you read what I had to say. He should stay only if he wants to do that and if he is welcome by the site. Who died and made anyone here head of the committee? Boy you guys sure do not like opposing opinions do you. Birdmom3

14. kiki_jenn

kiki_jenn New Member

This is like leaving the Young and the restless for years and coming back and the same thing is happening..LOL
    I have been here on and off for approx 10 years and i have to agree with Linda,Nassman did and has changed bigtime,anyways i never had a problem with the guy,hes just like all of us really,states his opinions and if we dont like them we dont have to read them or reply,its pretty simple!
    JMO though,

Jenn

15. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

I too have been here on and off around 10 years(remember Melania?) and this is like déjà vu all over again:).
    G

16. kiki_jenn

kiki_jenn New Member

I too have been here on and off around 10 years(remember Melania?) and this is like déjà vu all over again:).

LOL and then there was the leah one too!!!!But i dont think that one want to be rehashed.....LOL

17. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

I personally think it's up to Nassman. If he wants to stay - stay. If he wants to go - go.

18. June-

June- New Member

right

19. scottv

scottv New Member

Since Nassman has left it to us, I say stay. He may not say what you want to hear but he is very smart.I went and read many of his previous posts and he provides very valid points that I think are needed as points to ponder. Words can only hurt you if you let them.

Rock on Nassman !!

20. jabber

jabber New Member

Wel, I've kept quiet up till now, personally I don't think we here on this forum have the right to banish anyone, that's up to Ray...
    If you don't like what a person has to say, just don't reply to their post.. I don'twhenI know I don't have something to contribute to it other than the fact that I just plain don't agree with it.
    Nassman has never bothered me to the point where I feel the need to retialte.. Nobody on here has really