Rules for participating in this corner (must read)

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by solari, Nov 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

First and foremost, this forum is intended for folks to to receive spiritual and/or religious support for coping with Meniere's Disease. It is *NOT* a debate forum. There's plenty of those sort of forums outside of here and we don't need to duplicate that.

I want to also stress tolerance is the name of the game. If you cannot abide by that, your access to this forum will be removed. Simply put, if you don't agree with something, move on.

Titus posted this in response to someone claiming the forum was biased towards a specific religion and she captured how I want this particular forum to operate. Please read it and pay heed. If you find a post or thread that violates the spirit here, please report it and I will check into it.

The gist of it is, this is a SPIRITUAL SUPPORT forum, not a DEBATE forum.

Thanks,
    Ray

This part of the forum is for SPIRITUAL SUPPORT. Many posters here have turned it into a debate room. That is not Ray's intent nor does Ray favor any particular religion or belief system.

If you want to start a topic for atheists to support one another, you are free to do so. If you do and a Christian posts something negative on your thread or personally attacks your belief, they THEY are WRONG. They would be violating Ray's rules.

Same goes for a thread started by a Christian. If I posted a bible thread and someone came on it and started ripping it up with challenges, they THEY would be WRONG.

The whole point is for this room to be a SPIRITUAL SUPPORT ROOM that is all inclusive.

Right now, it is not operating that way. There are some threads that are playing by Ray's rules and some that are not. And again, many of the ones that are not playing according to Ray's rules are Christians.

Ray is an equal opportunity moderator. He has thrown off Christians and non-Christians, men and women. It's his call.

When you mock a religion, that is not support. It hurts. It is out of line.

Some play by the rules, others risk getting banned. Your call.