Report from the Institute of Medicine about Vitamin D

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by CarrieOakey, Nov 30, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

GUILTY AS CHARGED! :D

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

What about MEN who sunbathe???

3. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock on Vitamin D. This guy is chock full of good info. Search his name and check him out. He has been a neurosurgeon for 24 years. Caveat lector...he believes in natural supplements.

http://healingprayers.wordpress.com/2009/09/20/dr-russell-blaylock-on-flu-vaccines-and-vitamin-d3/

4. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I believe in emergency medicine. The U.S. has some of the best emergency medicine in the world. For me its like a fruit basket. I take the good stuff mainstream medicine has to offer and leave the rest alone when possible.

5. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I just separate it out. I don't wage war on the whole mainstream medical system. Some components of it are really good. I believe most large systems have good and bad things. I don't have a problem taking the things I think are good. But I do take Dr. David Graham's words about safety of meds only being 5% of the criteria for a drug to get passed to heart literally. There are some herbs I am wary of just like drugs I am wary of. I'm a pick and choose sort of guy. Chinese menu style.

6. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Intrepid I had not planned to reveal this but I guess I will. This is some very personal things from my personal life.
    I quit being a pharma rep because of this "conflict of interest" Taximom mentioned. It is a conflict of interest and it certainly conflicted with my interests as a decent human being. I could no longer live with myself. I was cashing in on peoples misery and I felt like a piece of human trash. I was involved in letting people get hurt for profit. I knew this and it made me physically and mentally ill.

I lost weight. My normal weight was 190 pounds. When I quit being a rep I only weighed 160 pounds. I had dark circles under my eyes. I could barely eat. I started to get physically ill. In the mornings before I went to work, sometimes, I would vomit forcefully until I got the dry heaves. I would brush my teeth best I could, wash my mouth out with peroxide, and chew gum, so that nobody would smell the vomit as I went out for the day to tell the lies I had to tell. Lies that were killing people and making them slowly lose the organs in their body.

I was excited to be a pharma rep at first. I felt like I was helping people. I was not helping anybody. I was helping make people sick. If my company had told people the truth of how dangerous the products were up front I could have lived with it. That way people would at least get to measure the risk for themselves. But we were not telling people. The worst dangers never got reported from the studies we did. They were purposely hidden. I was specifically told to keep my damn mouth shut and threatened with being fired if I opened my mouth.

My boss and I argued about this. He knew my physical and mental condition was because I had to lie. Basically he told me "If you can't do it there are people lined up at the door. You signed confidentiality agreements you are bound to. Do your job or i'll find someone that will."

When the news would come on and report something like "hundreds of thousands of people's livers have been blown off the map by Drug X" I was able to day "I did that. I was involved in that." I cannot explain the nightmare my life became knowing all this.

My company made untold billions and paid me well, and my self esteem hit bottom so hard I could barely eat or sleep. People would say "wow you're a pharma rep? those are really good jobs. i bet you love being a pharma rep and being able to make money and help people." The truth was that I felt like a piece of human excrement.

Sometimes I would sit in my company car and literally cry because I was so upset. I was upset because I had to go into a doctor's office and convince a doctor that I had a drug that would make people well. But I knew the truth. I knew the "hidden information". I knew the information that did not get reported in the studies. I knew in a few years that their liver, heart, pancreas, or whatever, would be blown off the map. I knew they would suffer terribly in the process.

I got so depressed that it became hard to function. I started drinking heavily to make it through life. I felt like a prisoner. I could no longer function sexually because I was so depressed. Take meds for depression? Not me. No sir. I know better. My marriage suffered. I ended up getting a divorce.

I finally said "to hell with this i will not do this anymore". I quit and walked away.This is why I say the things I say.

7. earshurt

earshurt New Member

If you watch the videos with Neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock, at least for me, the question becomes very obviously "if the CDC and reputable medical researchers know this flu is not dangerous, and that Vitamin D will take care of it, why then the huge media circus on CNN/FOX telling people to go get injected with mercury containing flu vaccines?" Why this huge scare campaign that amounted to "get your flu shot or you may die."

Everybody that was anybody in the medical business knew it was a sham. And neurosurgeon Blaylock gives enough information for this to be apparent.

How in the world could this happen? I know the answer. Pharma paid for the entire charade. They sold billions of dollars in flu vaccines. News reporters on tv pushed this campaign for all its worth.

We know mercury is the second most toxic substance on planet earth. Vaccines are harmful.
    Check this out. This is a pharma sponsored news story. We had a marketing department that cranked out this trash and the news stations ran with it as if it was news because their bosses told them to read the teleprompter and say this. Why? Advertising dollars. Watch the following video as they literally tell us basically that mercury may actually be good for your child.

Watch this video. This is beyond belief. This is pharma at work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyR2XeLjYTU

8. June-

June- New Member

I'm glad! After all, that hemlock that Socrates drank was an all natural herb that grows all around my area. :D

9. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Now we see the pharma paid news story telling us that two stories in the journal of pediatrics say mercury is good for your child's brain and that it may make him smarter.

Here is a video from the University of Calgary showing mercury destroying the dentrites in a brain. Everybody knows this. This is not secret. But yet Fox News and the Journal of Pediatrics tell us mercury is good for a childs brain. This is what pharma will do for money. So as I sold my vaccines I knew all this. Easy to see why my life was a nightmare and why I say what I say.
    http://www.detoxmetals.com/pages/Video%3A-Mercury-Destroying-the-Brain.html

10. heywally

heywally New Member

For now, I'll believe the many existing studies that have supported the benefits of vitamin D supplements, especially in regions like the Pacific Northwest (me), where most people have too low levels (my blood test recently showed that in me, even at 2000 IU's per day and my doctor recommended I bump up to 4000 IU's), Vs. the findings of this one group. And pardon me for being skeptical of various organizations motivations .....

11. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Dr Blaylock not only believes in supplements, selling them is how he makes his living now he no longer practices as a neurosurgeon.

http://www.skepdic.com/blaylock.html

12. earhurts

earhurts New Member

Do you trust a website that starts with this?

"Contrary to the vast bulk of the scientific evidence, Blaylock maintains that vaccines such as the H1N1 vaccine are dangerous or ineffective; that dental amalgams and fluoridated water are harmful to our health; and that aluminum cookware, aspartame, and MSG are toxic substances causing brain damage."

If this is what they are using to smear blaylock then that means he has earned his merit badge as a truth teller. People like Blaylock usually get smeared this way when they don't tow the line and tell too much truth.

A vast bulk of scientific evidence, so this site says, proves that the following items are safe. Really?

1. dental amalgam contains mercury...second most toxic metal on earth

2. fluoride...toxic...even has skull and cross bones on package. cannot be legally dumped in a landfill. must be disposed of as a hazmat item...warning on toothpaste not to swallow

3. aluminum cookware...proven hands down to leach aluminum particles into food...harmful

4. aspartame...excitotoxin...highly poisonous...so many studies on this one its pathetic

5. msg...known toxin

Good for Blaylock. This site means he is making a difference and certain people don't like it. Or the person that built the site can't read studies.

13. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Yes.

14. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

No different from folks in the medical industry pushing their own stuff.

Ray

15. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Ray, true. But how is the other commentary -- telling folks that "traditional" medicines are all poison, that doctors are out to harm them, etc -- any different than folks attacking alternative medicine? People need to hear and consider ALL alternatives and approaches in order to make informed decisions. Some of what is going on in this thread is exactly the kind of thing that gets whacked when directed at alternative approaches.

16. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

This is precisely why I don't want this to become a debate forum on this sort of thing.

Like I have said, let folks find out whatever works for them and just be happy with it. Far too often, we've had folks bashing a certain method, especially if it was alternative and citing references, etc. etc. etc. as to why it won't work or why it's silly, etc.

There's no need for that and no one has designated anyone here to be a personal guardian for folks here, regardless of which side.

Ray

17. earhurts

earhurts New Member

Don't worry i'm done. You guys just came down me on me sort of hard to I decided to put out some substantial points to make my case. I think I did it more than adequately so i'm resting on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.