Question for ya?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by GreatfulTed2, Sep 16, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

On that, you and I are unanimous! Well said.

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

God is great, I love his son Jesus Christ.

3. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

God is good, god is great and I love his son Jesus Christ

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Looks like your Bulldogs got beat this weekend, Bulldogs. That's too bad.

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Henry: they are terrible, if tech does not beat them this year, something is wrong with tech.

6. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Tech doesn't play Harvard.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

There are several articles written by scientists who have no problems coinciding science with their faith. They are happy, well rounded individuals who refuse to get caught up in the who is right conundrum. They are also very content with allowing that there are some things they just don't know.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Did they go to Harvard like Bulldogs?

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

BTW, I have no problem coinciding science and faith. I do not see science and faith as mutually exclusive. In fact I see overlap.

10. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

True.

There are so many things in this world I cannot explain nor do I pretend I can or even try. I just know that when I get to heaven the answers will be shown to me - not just to me but to those who believe in heaven and God/Jesus. I honestly cannot worry about such things while I am alive on this earth. People will believe what they wish to - regardless of what I say or type. Believing in a Being that is not visible to the naked eye but so visible to the heart is very hard for some, especially many who are of extreme intelligence. My wish is that everyone who reads my words would want to know of God but I know that most don't even like His name mentioned. I am not of extreme intelligence nor scientific mind but there are many things in this world that are truly science based and many I believe are of Faith based.

But Ted, I have known many jackasses that are mules and many that are people. :) I don't believe I evolved from apes but I question the actions and deeds of others and believe that God does have a sense of humor. :) LOL

11. June-

June- New Member

Aladdin, no one on this thread said a word to deny the existence or supremacy of God. Bringing that into the conversation at this point, why ? It bothers me that an inference may be made that I said such a thing when I did not, have never and would never.

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Not sure what this is about. I was just writing and thinking out loud. Not directed towards anyone.

13. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

June - I only read Ted's first post and Henry's post on page 4 and skipped the in-betweens...scrolling hurts my eyes. Besides June, if I had an issue with you or what you wrote I would direct my post to you or in a PM.

8)

What I was trying to say is that for some the higher intelligence or more 'degrees' a person gathers and collects or possess, the more their mind is open to scientific explanation and not a God or Faith explanation. When I see a priest or minister with PhD or other initials after his or her name, I myself, question their need for it. To me Faith is simple - childlike, maybe that is why I can identify with it. I seriously cannot discuss theologies or concepts of religions with most because their dialect and knowledge far surpasses mine. (this is not true of all doctors, ph'ds - etc just a general observation on my part)

14. June-

June- New Member

Thank you Aladdin. Just to clear the record, there was nothing said by anyone here to the effect that there is no God.

15. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Oh goodness, I have learned to stay away from discussing the God subject on this forum. :) Even if people believe that there is no Godit is their right, as well as it is my right to believe that their is a God and there is some scientific explanation to some occurrences in this world because after all God made 'them.' LOL

16. June-

June- New Member

Right but nobody on this thread said that or anything like that! But if someone does at some future point, we will know it doesn't bother you. Lol!

17. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

June - What bothers me or not - is not the issue or should not even be the issue. (I am not going to read the other pages in between so I take your word for what you said.) I replied to Ted's post and commented on Hanks. That is all. I have been far too ill lately to go down this road again. However, I have an opinion and that is all it is. My opinion which is not based on science but rather Faith/belief.

Blessings. I will beg leave for now. 8)

18. June-

June- New Member

I hope you are feeling better soon Aladdin. I always hold hope that you will soon enjoy better health.

19. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Thank you, I need better health - now! :)

20. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Uh, this isn't a debate forum... Esp. in this particular topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.