Question for Tracy in Indy

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by paris 48, Oct 6, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. paris 48

paris 48 New Member

Hi Tracy!Since you live in Indy I was just wondering if you ever hearde anything more about Patty Spitler.She was a very popular news anchor on Wish TV who stepped down due to MM.I thougth maybe she would come out and speak about it,but it seems she has disapeared.To bad,we need people like her.Take care!

2. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Paris,

Oh yes we watch Wish TV news so I'm very familar with her. I was shocked the night she said good bye! At the time we thought I had MM, but I didn't have a diagnosis yet!

I've not heard anything about her since she "retired" due to MM. What gets me is how well her co-workers covered up her hearing loss. She was the entertainment reporter. The one they sent to Hollywood to interview the "stars". She interviewed most of the A list stars after she had profound hearing loss. They had to know she couldn't hear! But I never saw an interview where the star let on she had a problem. Of course they could have edited that part out!

She was also the noon news anchor and the one who filled in for the morning female news anchor. The male anchor of the morning and noon news is quit a joker. Someone must have been repeating what he was saying into her ear because she was able to banter back and forth really well. I work so I don't see the noon news much but she never had one of those "Oh I thought you said ..." moments when I saw her.

I wish I knew what happened to her. I suspect she is all but deaf by this time and is learning to get by in a hearing world.

I really admire Patty and all she acomplished after her diagnosis. She couldn't have done it without wonderful caring co-workers, but your co-workers don't cover for you unless they like and care about you! She must be a really wonderful person to inspire that kind of reaction from those around her especially in the cut throat world of TV news!

Tracy

3. paris 48

paris 48 New Member

Thanks for the info Tracy.I too have been watching Wish TV for many years and never suspected she had any probems.I know that in her farewell message to her viewers she said the reason for stepping down was her profound hearing loss and other issues pertaining to MM.So she most likely has vertigo attacks as well.TO bad,she was a lovely Lady.