Prayer Box

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Cara, Jun 6, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Cara

Cara New Member

I read a book once, one of the chapters talked about all of us having prayer boxes in heaven. The basic message was, that we are all suppose to ask for blessings, yes.........for ourselves. God doesnt want any leftover blessings in our box when we get to heaven. They are just sitting there, waiting on us to ask and use them.
    If anyone feels like theirs is getting low, or that their box is already empty, then borrow from mine........leave me some.......replace what you borrow, only if you can. If you can't, then consider it a gift.

2. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Cara, not sure we have prayer boxes in Heaven, nice thought though, if we do I will take a couple!! Because this crazy disease is kicking my behind, and Jesus is all I have!!!

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Cara, I will trade you some now and down the road I will forward some of mine. I need them lately.

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

merci sweet lady - i'll take some, share some - give some and Lord willing be a blessing to others

5. Cara

Cara New Member

By all means take them, my disease has not progressed to the point of where many of you are now, so I don't need them right now. But also, there are all kinds of blessings in there, not just for MM.

6. dlbach1

dlbach1 New Member

If I were to take you philosophy on this, then I gave all of mine to others along time ago and no one ever gave back. I am completely empty.

However, I am now seriously reconsidering this, whatever.

Grown ups lie to children and get them to believe in dreams and fairytales and all of that, but reality is ~~ dreams don't come true and the prince never comes. So therefore, prayers are never answered either.

7. Cara

Cara New Member

Believing in fairy tales and the tooth fairy, etc........I am thankful my parents encouraged imagination, sometimes, thats all any of us have. I look back and smile. This has nothing to do with philosophy in my mind. Please do not turn this thread into something negative. I put it out there with nothing but good intentions. I am sorry you feel empty, we all do at times.

The offer still stands, to EVERYONE.

8. jabber

jabber New Member

thank you Cara, and just for the record this 68 yr old still believes in Santa.
    I like the prayer box idea and anyone is free to borrow from mine anytime they want because you can be sure that somewhere down the road I'll be doing some borrowing myself.
    Loretta

9. Cara

Cara New Member

DLBACH..............If you don't want a blessing............you can take a hand.........its open and waiting.

10. Cara

Cara New Member

Thank you Loretta, you are such a sweet sweet lady!

11. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

dlbach, pls consider that the box gets filled and refilled when we do not know about it. It will never be empty. I promise you this.

12. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I know that when I give, I get blessed, I've seen this many times. It is one of the things that can really lift me out of the worst of times. What a nice thread cara :-*

13. Cara

Cara New Member

:-*

14. Titus

Titus New Member

There is might power in prayer....both for the person receiving the petition and the person praying. I believe God wants all His children to help one another, including praying for them. Prayer for another is a form of giving.....the best gift you can give.

Cara, thank you for this thread.

15. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

On my way into the nursing home to visit Mom yesterday, I noticed a young (late 40's) man sitting in his wheelchair in the sun, reading. I had seen him several times, so I knew he was a recent admit there.

My first thought was to say hello, as he probably didn't have many visitors. I introduced myself, and spent the next 20 minutes chatting with him. I learned that he was in a terrible auto accident, and was airlifted to our town, not expected to survive. His body was crushed and battered almost beyond repair. He spent almost two months in a coma. He remembered nothing about the accident. He had no family here, no friends, no one to visit him.

But he was upbeat, looking forward to a visit from loved ones next weekend...happy to be cared for....and so happy to just have a real conversation with someone.

I walked away from him with such a feeling of fullness in my heart! I had approached him thinking I was doing something nice for someone else. How wrong I was! It filled ME up.

I think when we stop to realize all the small things that do fill us up, we are well on our way to happiness.

16. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

B - good for you Dear. yay!
    P

17. Cara

Cara New Member

Nice story deer......it does help the soul to give. My job allows me to give everyday and for that I am thankful. Sometimes, well , a lot of times, just giving your "ear" helps.

18. jabber

jabber New Member

If the offer still stands, I will dip into that box now and if you feel somenoe grasping your hand, it'll just be me. I just need a bit of extra help right now
    Loretta

19. Cara

Cara New Member

Jabber, honey.........the offer is always there, you can tug on my hand anytime you need to.

20. jabber

jabber New Member

Thanks Cara, I'm sure I'll find my way around this eventually with the help of everyone here, the therapist and most of all my undying faith. It's just been kind of tough trying to cope with this on my own and I've come to realize that I can't do it on my own anymore... I've always hoped that I would be among the lucky ones and I'd retain at least some of my hearing but I guess it's just not meant to be... I'll survive, many people do with a lot worse..
    ((((((((((((((( HUGS TO YOU MY FRIEND )))))))))))))))
    Loretta