praise reports

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by charisse, Sep 26, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I just had to come here and say praise God sparrow doesn't have cancer ;D I am sick with the flu and I can say I never felt so happy being sick :D

2. blessed

blessed New Member

I praise God for finding this site and meeting all you wonderful, caring people out there. I have been so blessed in the last couple of weeks and especially the last couple of days from your caring replies, advice and prayers.

Praise God for giving me the strength to get in my car and drive to work today. The devil tried to attack me with a full blown, hyperventilating panic attack, but he's no match for the One on my side.

Praise God for my family, who all have sore throats from having to talk to me so loud for the last few days, but who are hanging in there and supporting me anyway.

Praise God for just being God.

3. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Oh blessed what good news. Praise God!

4. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

I would like to Thank the Good Lord for my family. We were all together today( minus my brother), we had a great time, playing game's with the kid's, eating too much :D just being with them was so nice.

Janet

5. blessed

blessed New Member

Praise God that I made it to the grocery store today!!!! Doesn't exactly sound like much of a feat but hey, I had been in jammies for three days laying, I mean spinning, around on the couch with a bucket :) I'll take grocery shopping over that anyday. My daughter drove me and I still feel like I've been ran over by a Mack truck but....I'm up, I'm dressed and I'm alive and kickin'. Aaaaand.....I think the Prednisone is kicking in. Although not great, my speech recognition is a little better today.

Praise be to GOD!!!!!

6. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Praise God, Blessed, for those small things, but important things.

7. nascarmom

nascarmom New Member

I had a sonogram today (I am 19 weeks) and the technician says the baby is fine and healthy. Much relief in my house after the rough start that we had. She also says it's a BOY! I don't know anything about raising a boy as I have been working on raising a girl for almost 12 yrs!

Thanks be to God! ;)

8. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

Congratulations Miss Carri!!!!!

A beautiful baby boy...... lol, I have 13 years of experience in that dept!!!!
    The first 12 years are pretty easy, when they turn 13, they think they are adults and are smarter than Mom!!!

They find out otherwise also ;)

I'm so excited for you!!! Another shopping trip!!!!!

9. rev

rev New Member

Carrie,
    Super news! Keeping you both in my prayers.

10. Cathy

Cathy New Member

God bless you, Carrie. I have two sons and wouldn't know what it was like to have had a girl.

11. nascarmom

nascarmom New Member

Thank you everyone! And Di......the shopping trip is today! ;D ;)

12. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

praise for the good news Carrie!
    you need any advice, remember mine are 21, 15, and 11.
    they are all rotten ;D

13. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

Wonderful news...Carrie.

Take Care,
    Janet

14. nascarmom

nascarmom New Member

Well....my daughter is less than excited about this baby business and today I found a sweatshirt that ould be perfect for her if it had been her size. It said "Will trade little brother for a monkey" :D :D :D

15. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

I will keep my eyes open and if I see one for her, it will be on its way!
    No I meant a shopping trip for me.... I love shopping for lil ones..... so just be ready!
    Congrats- and hope to get to see you soon, I wasn't too far from there this weekend... but just didn't make it that far.

Big hugs to you , Mallory and that precious lil boy who is waiting! Have a name picked out yet?

16. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Carrie....

With my first child I had an ultrasound at 28 weeks. My doctor asked me if I wanted to know the sex of the baby- of course!

He told me it was a girl...despite knowing that...I was reluctant to paint the room pink!!!!!! I am positive that knowing the sex of the baby made me bond with her earlier and more strongly.

Best of luck to you all.... and don't worry about your daughter...she will come around! The little guy will end up with 2 moms!

17. nascarmom

nascarmom New Member

No names picked out yet. I had a LOT of girl names picked out and of course I have a million suggestions from friends and family but nothing has grabbed me yet.

Andrea, I still have that twinge of doubt that tells me don't paint the room yet!

18. Titus

Titus New Member

Bless you and your baby, Carrie

19. Titus

Titus New Member

Praise the Lord! Campus Crusade for Christ is still going strong at our college! The thing that really grabs my heart is that how young these students are......17, 18, 21.....and there are some oldies there too, praise God. We are so blessed to have this ministry on the campus I teach. Today, before they did a bible study, one young lady did an interpretive dance to Christian music. It was so beautiful. She just loves the Lord and He blessed her, and us, during that devotion.

20. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

I am a board member of a Christian camp for children of prisoners. They generally live with grandparents or other relatives who are underfinanced, under cared for and never been out of the city. The camp charges no fees to the campers and is supported entirely by donations. It is the longest continuously operating camp in the State of Missouri - going into it's second generation of camp owners and staff.

Needless to the say, the facilities are old and constantly needing repair. Two years ago the entire electrical system for the whole campground and every building had to be re-wired. Last year the fishing pond needed dredging, full of scum, and the swimming pool liner and walls were needing replaced. This year the water lines all developed leaks - I can't remember the number of leaks they dug up and repaired during the summer, costing thousands of dollars to do a patch repair job, knowing the winter will probably cause more damage for next year. At one point the bathrooms were not working, then the showers, then the kitchen..... The question became "Could they continue?"

Much prayer and exalting God as Jehovah Jireh, provider and seeking guidance on how to deal with this lastest crises.....

So the mail comes, and you can guess what happened. In the mail was the largest check ever received by the camp in its history. A little old widow lady wrote a check for $20,000.00! Praise God, is He not good? Do we not know He has the storehouses of heaven and we mess around here, fretting and stewing and playing in the mud????

Camp will go on next year. Another year of loving children who have never drank apple juice, never been swimming, never had somebody read them a bedtime story with kindness after they wet the bed, never ran through the trees and sang around a campfire, and never heard the gospel, never had their own Bible. Most never want to leave. Thank you Jesus!