post pictures please

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by jim1884again, Apr 30, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

The pictures are still good. they're clear and I can see that huge blow fish in your (?) hands. I gotta get my camera fixed!!

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

BF had to scuba without me :) It was a bucket list item for both of us. There is no way with my ear that I can do it.

Thankfully I love Snorkelling and I have finally figured out a way to do it without it triggering stuff.

3. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Good for you!! I'm glad you found a way to do, even partially, what you want despite your illness.

4. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Okay, I'm an unabashed googler! Here is what I found on National Geographic:

"The origin of the name "nurse shark" is unclear. It may come from the sucking sound they make when hunting for prey in the sand, which vaguely resembles that of a nursing baby. Or it may derive from an archaic word, nusse, meaning cat shark. The most likely theory though is that the name comes from the Old English word for sea-floor shark: hurse."

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

AH, scum suckers!! :D :D :D

6. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Too cute! Love, love cats. ;)

7. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

My sister and me at the beach in 2010 road trip:

[​IMG]

8. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Oh,Holly..I love that pic!! I'm glad you and your sister are close. My sisters are my best friends..I'll try to find a pic to post..

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

How did I miss that? It's lovely! You both look so relaxed :) My siblings and I are best friends too. Actually all my family gets along really well, including extended. None of that scary feuding stuff. If you fight and hate your family, I can't imagine how you can get along with the rest of the world....

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I've got three sisters. Two are my best friends, the other one won't speak to any of us (nuty in the head lady). But I've got a female friend that makes up for it cuz she and I have been best friend for over forty years!

I've also got Mandy, one of my sons past girfriends. She and I are the only ones that still keep in touch. She's in Alabama but we talked on the phone for hours! The tinnitus is so bad by the time we get off, I'm running for the xanax! :D

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

these are my two favorite sisters. This picture is from 2010 when we went on a road trip to spread my dads ashes.

[​IMG]

12. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Ya'll look alike...I like this pic!

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Thanks Bryn - We do look a lot alike. After my mom passed, I was a little worried about seeing my Aunt and Uncle. My mom and I looked so much alike that I thought it might freak them out a little bit. They did stare at me and made some comments about just how much I looked like her in her younger years but got over it quickly enough. I know they talked about it in their car though when lunch was over :D

14. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

[​IMG]

Red rock near Sedona Arizona. That sky! Everyday day it was that blue.

15. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

[​IMG]

Paolo Soleri designs and makes these bells in Phoenix and I have wanted one since I first visited 20 years ago. Well i finally bought a small one.

16. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

17. belgianwaffle

belgianwaffle New Member

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

18. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Nice photos Gustav! Sorry Ohio isn't quite that warm and beautiful for you right now. Looks like you had a great trip though! :)

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

That's a beauty! I need sunshine and blue skies everyday.

20. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Beautiful photos Gus!