Pondering the Yonder (it's the yeast we can do)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Papajoe, Dec 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Symptoms I have had listed in this article that are also associated with candida. I will bold the ones I have or have had if many per category and I have not had all in the category. If successful with treating any of them I will tell how I treated it.
    http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/intro2.php#r2

Eyes: erratic vision, spots in front of eyes (eye floaters) and flashing lights off to the side of vision
    (turmeric, had this huge big time, rarely see this anymore, floaters so bad it looked like dry rain was coming down from the sky, flashing lights in the outside corners of the eyes sometimes so bright It looked like a spotlight, sometimes neon purple flashes, sometimes gold)

Cheekbone or forehead tenderness, pain.
    (turmeric)

Cold hands or feet, low body temperature.
    (turmeric)

Cold-like symptoms: excessive mucus in the sinuses, nose, throat, bronchial tubes and lungs
    (turmeric, improved but not full abatement)

Digestive problems (IBS): diarrhea, constipation, abdominal distension, bloating or pain, gas, mucus in the stools, hiatal hernia, ulcers, suffering from bacteria, i.e. salmonella, E. coli, h. pylori, etc.
    (mucus gone with turmeric, had hiatal hernia before I got hit by this plague and rarely have problems anymore with it, but it stopped bothering me before MM anyway so I cannot attribute it getting better to anything I currently do)

Fatigue (chronic fatigue syndrome or Epstein Barr) or a feeling of being drained of energy, lethargy, drowsiness.
    (turmeric knocked this out in two days, regained full energy)

Glands: swollen, too little saliva (dryness in the mouth), blocked salivary glands, swollen lymph nodes.
    (grape fruit seed extract knocked it out, but since turmeric it has never come back, mine mainly manifested as terrible pain in back and side of neck, lymph node in front of neck swollen on left side where bad ear is)

Hair loss, scum on the scalp, dandruff, itchy scalp, scalp sores and dryness.
    (grew back for some reason)

Heart palpitations and irregular heart beat.
    (disappeared after taking turmeric)

Headaches, migraines, brain fog, dizziness, etc.
    (turmeric)

Irritability, nervousness, jitteriness and panic attacks.
    (turmeric, ashwangda, improved but not totally gone)

Male associated problems: jock itch, loss of sex drive, impotence, prostitis, penis infections, difficulty urinating, urinary frequency or urgency, painful intercourse, swollen scrotum, etc.
    (turmeric, cinnamon, >ashwangda< ashwangda puts the lead back in the pencil ;)

Feeling of swelling and tingling in the head, brain fog, inability to concentrate, headaches, etc.
    (turmeric, better but not fully abated)

Kidney & bladder: infections, cystitis (inflammation of the bladder with possible infection), urinary frequency or urgency, low urine output, smelly urine, difficulty urinating, burning pain when urinating.
    (turmeric)

Lack of appetite.
    (turmeric)

Mind & Mood: anxiety attacks, crying spells, memory loss, feeling spaced out, depression (including suicidal feelings), manic feelings, inability to concentrate, mood swings, irritability, etc.
    (turmeric, ashwangda, much better)

Muscle aches and pain, numbness, burning or tingling, and lack of strength and coordination.
    (turmeric, suspect reason is lack of toxins in blood)

Nasal congestion, postnasal drip, itching, dryness.
    (turmeric big improvement)

Sick all over feeling.
    (turmeric)

Sinus inflammation, swelling and excessive mucus or infection.
    (turmeric, large improvement but not total)

Sleep: insomnia, waking up frequently, nightmares, restless sleep, etc.
    (ashwangda, improved but not complete relief, sometimes melatonin too)

Low Blood Sugar
    (turmeric)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    When Candida is allowed to get out of control it changes its shape and starts branching out raising large families called colonies. These Candida colonies excrete over 79 different types of toxins (chemicals) that circulate throughout the body weakening the immune system and causing numerous symptoms and dysfunctions throughout the body.

Two toxins that are particularly devastating are called acetaldehyde and ethanol (a type of alcohol). Both act like poisons on the various tissues of the body and can cause lesions.

These chemicals cause all of the cells in the body to go rigid/stiff, even white and red blood cells. Flexibility is very important for the functioning of cells, which allows nutrients and hormones to go in, and waste materials to go out, as well as other important activities.

Red blood cells carry oxygen throughout the body and must be flexible enough to squeeze down to about one-seventh their normal size in order to travel into the body's tiny capillaries. When they become rigid the transport of life-giving oxygen to all the tissues and organs is impaired. This causes the tissues and organs to lose their ability to function. It is also why many candida sufferers have cold hands and feet.

White blood cells fight infection by wrapping part of itself around a bacteria or other foreign invader, swallowing the invader, and eventually destroying it. White blood cells that have become brittle and rigid by yeast toxins can not do their job. The result - you can't fight off infection as easily.

There's more. Defective cell membranes may interfere with the ability of glucose (blood sugar) to penetrate the cells, a job normally accomplished with the help of insulin. When cell membranes are damaged, the insulin will have trouble doing its job – and insulin levels may have to be increased.

This causes low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia; also called insulin reaction) resulting in low energy, light headedness, and sometimes even a coma. This exhausts the pancreas, causing it to dysfunction as well.

The above symptoms vanished almost immediately when I started taking Turmeric. When I say immediately I mean after the first dose. By the third dose they were gone and I had no fatigue or any of the symptoms in italics such as blood sugar crash, cold hands and feet, feeling like I had been poisoned. Turmeric is well known, very well known, for its ability to knock toxins out of the blood. Even before I suspected a candida link, when the Turmeric made me feel so much better, I suspected that it had knocked a toxin out of my body.

2. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Some laws allow the food industry to kill foods by irradiation, a process where foods are exposed to high levels of radiation, which disrupts the DNA of bacteria so that it cannot reproduce, thus extending shelf life; this is effect as microwaving foods or drinks. But in certain cases they are not required to label such foods. The current permissible radiation dosage is about 200 million times greater than a chest x-ray.

When food is irradiated the radiation breaks up the molecular structure of the food and creates a whole new set of chemicals known as "unique radiolytic products" (URPs). These URPs include benzene, formaldehyde and a host of known mutagens (capable of inducing mutation) and carcinogens (capable of inducing cancer). Irradiation kills vitamins, friendly bacteria and enzymes, and effectively renders the food "dead."

This makes these foods totally useless to your body. Radiation is used to clean up foods unfit for human consumption, such as spoiled fish, by killing odorous contaminating bacteria. It also kills some friendly bacteria that naturally control the growth of harmful bacteria.

There are hundred's of tests that prove the damage irradiated foods cause to humans. Short term studies were done on children in India, and blood tests showed chromosomal damage to the children after 6 weeks. Short term tests were done on dogs using irradiated beef; the dogs ended up with enlarged spleens and swollen lymph nodes.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/intro2.php#r2

3. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Of course I can't know how accurate this is or is not but it may be useful to someone. Scoring is confusing to me. Says Maximum 558 which I assume is max possible points that could be scored by any person. But the scale goes from 150 to 800. Maybe somebody smarter than me can figure that one out. Its late. Maybe its obvious and I don't see the correlation.

-------------------------------------------------
    DDr. Crook's Yeast Connection Quiz for adults. Automated question sheet that you can click the answers and get a result online.
    http://www.mall-net.com/cgibin/quiz4.cgi?quiz=crook.qa
    ------------------------------

Same type test but designed for children.
    http://www.candidasupport.org/childrenthrushtest.html
    ---------------------------------------------

I'll post my results so people can see what the scoring looks like.

Maximum : 558 points.

My Score Earhurts: 258 or 51%

(Score 180 - 800) If you are a man or woman, Yeast-connected health problems are almost certainly present
    -------------------------------
    It also had this. I guess maybe this guy designed the test for Dr. Crook? And I don't understand what the 10-999 is other than it looks like another min/max for a test. Maybe the guy below has another test at his site. Not sure haven't looked yet.

(Score 10 - 999) This quiz brought to you by Dr. Cathcart, M.D.
    Allergy, Environmental, and Orthomolecular Medicine
    http://www.mall-net.com/cathcart/

Cathcart is Orthomolecular Medicine though and I would imagine that his site is chock full of good info on health.

4. studio_34

studio_34 Guest

Earshurt, great website (the healing naturally one). Thanks. I had no idea that the food I'm eating could be causing all of those things from being radiated. Do they use ionising radiation when they do this? Do you think something like this could be implicated in the cause of Meniere's or MAV? It's very saddening that it can be so difficult to just find some real food and find a place to be treated naturally when a disease state occurs. It worries me too that as rainforest is destroyed we are losing out on ancient species and remedies that we may never again discover. If only western medicine understood the wisdom in practises that have gone on for thousands of years.

I came across something that you might be interested in that I think has had a big effect in reducing my dizziness and headaches. I think it's quite possible that along with a possible candida problem you have made me aware of that many of us have accumulated a pile of toxins in our bodies over the years preventing or making it very difficult for self-healing. The body should be able to heal itself naturally but how can it when we are drowning in toxins from foods and the modern environment? About 3 months ago I ordered foot pads that were developed by Japanese scientists. They write that wood vinegar essence found in various trees has the ability to absorb toxins through the acupuncture points located on the soles of the human foot. No idea if they will work for others of course but I have been feeling so much better since wearing these every day and I plan to stay with it. See here for their story. http://takara.jeffotto.com/

What would you advise people do to avoid radiated food? Thanks.

James

5. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Funnel that credit up to Papajoe. I would not have revisited the candida idea had it not been for Papa. Thanks Papajoe!!!

-----------------------------------------------
    "Do they use ionizing radiation to radiate food?"

Yes
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Do you think something like this could be implicated in the cause of Meniere's or MAV?"

Irradiated food destroys much of the nutritional value or changes it in a manner that cannot be utilized properly by the body. Lack of good nutrition weakens the immune system. A weakened immune system is the environment candida needs to over colonize the body. If all food a person ate was irradiated I would consider it possible that it could cause candida to over colonize, and I consider it highly likely that candida over growth can indeed cause or be a complicating factor of the Meniere's/MAV phenomenon, among other causes such as virus, and perhaps other things. Since I do not know what percentage of our food is irradiated I do not know how much of our food has the nutrition destroyed or altered. My best guess would be that it is at the least a contributing factor but to what degree I cannot say for certain because of all the other variables involved in a persons diet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I have read about the foot pads. I have never used them so I cannot speak to their efficacy. The premise seems reasonable to me for two reasons. One being that in the feet there are a tremendous number of tiny vessels very close to the surface of the skin. The skin is very thin on the feet. Blood circulating through the feet would be close to the surface of the skin. The product in the foot pads can probably easily absorb through the thin skin and contact the vessels leaching out toxins.

The other reason is the concept that heavier toxins may collect at the lowest point in the body which would be the feet.

Some people apply medicines to the feet so that they can easily be absorbed into the blood stream by these small vessels close to the skin. Many substances easily penetrate the skin all by themselves, Epsom Salt for instance. Another way to do this is to use DMSO, mix it with the substance, and apply it to the feet. Be extremely cautious if you attempt this DMSO business though because DMSO binds to most substances it comes in contact with. DMSO can also easily penetrate every cell in the body as far as I know. I can assure that if you do this anything you apply is going into the blood stream in less than two minutes. So be very sure you want to do what you are about to do. There will be no recourse after it gets on the feet.

There are also sonic foot baths and solutions. People place their feet into these solutions and the solution turns dark after a period of time. This is supposed to be the toxins that leach from the feet. I have seen some debunkers of this method that say the solution does not turn dark due to toxins but for another reason and they do not believe this works. I have never seen an assay done on the solution after it has been used on the feet so I do not know what the truth is. Perhaps an assay could be found online that could give some clues as to its efficacy.
    -------------------------------------------------
    "What would you advise people do to avoid radiated food?"

That is a tough question. I do not know. For one thing avoid microwaving food as it destroys a lot of the nutrition. Other than that the only thing I can think of would be to research the specific foods a person eats and attempt to find out if those companies irradiate the food. Or look for a list of food producers online that do not irradiate their food.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    As for the rest of your post...ditto...I agree.

6. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

What is DMSO?

7. skynet

skynet New Member

Just wondering if anyone else here has a mix of meniere's and MAV? I saw some postings on related symptoms, meds ect and this thread really caught my eye with the candida. Was hoping to find some new information. Because along with the dizzy attacks the meniere's is taking my hearing. I have loud engine type sound non stop in my ears. It has also slowly killed my balance nerve in my right ear. When I have the ENG test, my right ear doesn't respond at all. So between the mav and meniere's I am dizzy or just off balance everyday. I have major dizzy spellls when the weather changes with storms, loud noise or music, and if I build up too much fluid around the nerves in the inner ear. Caffine and salt are a trigger too.

So if anyone has this too, would love to know.

thanks,
    from colorado

8. earshurt

earshurt New Member

DMSO is a natural solvent derived from trees. It has been known about and used for many years. It is completely non toxic. It is very useful for inflammation of the joints as it easily penetrates the skin. I use it on my lower back and wrist. Within minutes of its application I notice considerable difference in the amount of pain in my back and wrist. Some people use it for arthritis. There have been many studies and journals published about it online and information about it is abundant. It used to be on pharmacy shelves. Recently it was removed from pharmacy shelves and the reason given was because of the fear people may mix it with toxic substances and apply it to the skin. It comes in liquid and gel form and can be acquired at most farmers coop stores or ordered online.

9. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Interesting - so good for arthritis I guess and also muscular pain? Do you use the DMSO on its own or as a carrier agent for other substances?

10. earshurt

earshurt New Member

It is effective for muscle pain and especially useful for sports related injuries such as sprains and muscle pulls. It can take the swelling out of a sprained ankle in an hour.

"Dr. Jacob said at a hearing of the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Health in 1980, "If we have patients appear before the Committee with [edematous] sprained ankles, the application of DMSO would be followed by objective diminution of swelling within an hour. No other therapeutic modality will do this."
    Chronic pain patients often been known to apply the substance for 6 weeks before a change occurs, but many report relief to a degree they had not been able to obtain from any other source."
    http://sportsmedinfo.net/painmeds-supplements/48-otc-supplements/102-dmso-for-pain-relief-and-swelling

I have used it as a carrier before.

11. studio_34

studio_34 Guest

I have noticed this on the foot pads. After wearing them for 12 hours straight as outlined, they get really dark, almost black, and can smell very, very unpleasant as they soak up toxins. After using them for some time they tend to be less dark and then there is a maintennce phase which I am in now. Tell the debunkers to come and test my foot pads! They'll soon change their minds I can assure you. It would be interesting to run a foot pad experiment with different people and then do a foot pad analysis. I wonder if there would be a toxic foot pad pattern observed in people with Meniere's or MAV for example?

12. earshurt

earshurt New Member

"I wonder if there would be a toxic foot pad pattern observed in people with Meniere's or MAV for example?"

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there was.

What symptoms did it alleviate for you? I may have to try it. If I do I'll probably order the wood vinegar essence in a bulk jug and make my own foot pads for pennies.

13. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Sugar is to be avoided when attempting to reduce candida. These are the names of sugars on food labels that would not be readily recognized as sugars by most people.
    Names for Sugar and Sweeteners (partial list)

aspartame
    carbohydrate
    carob powder
    corn starch
    crystalline
    dextrin dextrose
    disaccharides
    galactose
    glucose
    levulose
    maltitol
    maltodextrin
    maltose (malt sugar)
    malts of any kind
    manitol
    mannitol
    mono-saccharides
    NutraSweet
    polydextrose
    polysaccharides
    ribose
    saccharin
    sorghum
    suamiel
    succanat
    sucrose
    -----------------------------------------------
    146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health

Source: By Nancy Appleton, Ph.D., Author of: Lick the Sugar Habit Balancing Your Body, The Key to Health
    http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/sugar4.phpSugar can suppress the immune system.

14. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

My take is similar to yours, except that yeast can really mess up the immune system leaking to auto-immune disorders and making it so that yeast can proliferate. Probably the same can be said about viruses. It doesn't mean that your immune system is naturally hypersensitive, just that it's been compromised.

15. Papajoe

Thank you :)

16. Papajoe

If you search the literature, candida infections are very common among people with HIV - due to the compromising of the immune system. But I expect that there are are lot of things which can weaken the immune system - stress, lack of sleep, poor diet, etc. Of course steroids are given specifically to suppress the immune system, so if you take steroids you're at risk as well.

17. Papajoe

I disagree with the probiotics-are-not-effective argument. Even if it were true, it doesn't address the issue of a candida overgrowth, plus I think there is plenty of evidence that they are effective.

18. Papajoe

I would be hesitant to put coffee there. I prefer my coffee enemas to run over my teeth and through my gums ;)

19. Papajoe

I make my own kefir, a probiotic fermented milk drink, but I make mine with coconut milk. I don't know if coconut really helps candida or not, but I eat various forms of coconut both because I like it, and because it might be true. I'm hoping that the coconut milk kefir gives me a double shot - probiotic, and anti-candida.

20. Papajoe

I can see where a severe case of candida could mimic alzheimers, especially since it's implicated in some cases of add/adhd/autism, but like MM, once you find out what it is, it ain't alzheimers anymore. Which bring forth the question of whether other things are mis-diagnosed as alzheimers.