Pondering the Yonder (it's the yeast we can do)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Papajoe, Dec 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. earshurt

earshurt New Member

"Earshurt or earhurts or earshurts"

lol...yeah I need to get that business straight don't I?

-------------------------------------

"Do you think HIV really is the cause of AIDS?"

I came across the same subject a good while back. After researching the subject and reading what various doctors have to say on the subject I have serious reservations as to whether HIV is the cause of AIDS. Dr. Mercola has a good analogy for this too. His analogy is not aids specific but his analogy fits the broad subject nicely.

On his site there is a short video in the bottom corner named "The Town of Allopath". He gives the analogy that officials in the town of Allopath have discovered Skid Marks at the scene of car accidents. The officials determined that Skid Marks are the obvious cause of car accidents since they are the "marker" found at so many accidents. This being the case a new disease is born named "Skid Marks Disease". A massive effort is undertaken to rid the town of Skid Marks Disease to prevent further auto accidents. Business is booming in the town of Allopath as many new businesses spring forth in the new Skid Marks eradication business. Now the economy in the small town of Allopath is dependent on the revenue from erasing Skid Marks from the streets. Business is so good, and people are making so much money, that nobody wants the Skid Marks industry to die off.

Extrapolating this analogy over to AIDS/HIV, does the presence of HIV truly indicate that HIV is the cause of full blown AIDS? In this instance the presence of HIV would represents the Skid Marks in the town of Allopath.

Taking this same notion to obesity, a study was done that found the same "marker" in several obese people. Now the hypothesis becomes do these markers found in a few people that are obese cause obesity? If someone determines that it does, a new drug for obesity will be born. In my opinion the cause of obesity, withstanding the few people that do truly seem to have some sort of genetic predisposition for obesity, is obviously caused by a bad diet and over eating. None the less, if this drug ever hits the market, the notion will be born that the cure for obesity is drugs.

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Hi, Marsha,

Welcome aboard!

To post a new subject, scroll up to where you see "Your Living Room" and click on that. Now go to the upper right hand side, and there are some very small, narrow, blue tabs to click on. One of them is "New Topic."

To answer your questions, the tests suggested above are very expensive and very involved. They may or may not be necessary to narrow down the cause of your symptoms.

MAV is Migraine-Associated Vertigo. Like Meniere's Disease, it is not a disease at all, but a specific list of symptoms (pretty much the same list as Meniere's disease!) for which the doctors cannot identify a cause.

For a list of VERY common causes of all these symptoms (which most of the doctors actually don't know about, because they are usually only trained to give medications, not look for common causes), please click on the link below, in my sig.

Many of us here have found one or more causes of our symptoms that were relatively easy to fix. We have stuck around here to offer our experiences to newbies, hoping to spare them the years of misdiagnosis and subsequent invasive treatments that we had to deal with.

This doesn't mean that ALL doctors are clueless. But judging by the number of us who DID have clueless doctors, the odds seem awfully high that yours might be as well.

Best of luck to you--we all are glad you are here but sorry your are here, if you know what I mean. Please keep us posted!

3. studio_34

studio_34 Guest

Re: Pondering the Yonder (it\'s the yeast we can do)

Earshurts,

It appears that\'s where it\'s all heading doesn\'t it? Instead of delivering simple information about eating a better diet and exercising, the pharm companies will use it as another platform to market weightloss drugs. Overweight? Pop a pill.

I\'m fascinated with all of the information you\'ve uncovered regarding turmeric. A natural substance that has been available for eons and yet it is conveniently overlooked. Have you seen any evidence for turmeric and its use in treating HIV? A practical solution may be sitting right in front of everyone\'s eyes yet we\'re made to believe that a person suffering from this disease should be given a \"cocktail\" of antiviral meds. The side effects from those alone is shocking. I read in one article how they can alter the way fat is depostied on the body causing terrible disfigurement.

Have a look at this link: http://www.scidev.net/en/news/turmeric-can-combat-malaria-cancer-virus-and-hiv.html

Turmeric stops an enzyme called p300. If there\'s no p300 then the HIV virus cannot multiply. I wonder if turmeric could somehow be used in condoms on the African continent? Perhaps they could be coated with turmeric.

Thanks for your info from Dr Mercola.

James

4. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

James, you might be interested in checking out www.duesberg.com for more info on HIV.

Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize-winning chemist and inventor of the polymerase chain reaction technique used to search for fragments of HIV in AIDS patients, supports Duesberg's hypothesis that HIV does not in fact cause AIDS (as it turns out, the theory of HIV causing AIDS has never actually been proven).

5. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

My next step is ordering keifer (sp). I drove for 2 hours today and did not get tired! I am getting better. Slowly but surely. Lets hope this is the next step. Yes, I will try to load up on probiotic foods. Always working it :)

Thanks everyone and Papajoe. Nice thread!

~KT

6. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

TM - thanks for giving the tutorial on posting to Marsha. Marsha, I'm not sure what tests the doctors use and which ones are important. I had the MRI and hearing tests, but no other. When you post your message, be sure to ask and you'll get lots of advice from the many fine folks here.

KT - glad you're already feeling better. Please keep us up to date on how it's going.

7. June-

June- New Member

I think most of what goes on with us - whether it be viral, yeast, or something else has an immune system response in the mix. In other words, everyone else you know might have the same organism in their body and it does nothing much at all much less to the inner ear. But our immune systems are hypersensitive and make a big deal out of it. That's my working theory. I have no evidence whatsoever to back it up. :D

8. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

That makes sense!

9. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Absolutely I agree with that one. One or two nights of bad sleep, which weakens the immune system, produces an immediate response and the situation gets worse.

10. June-

June- New Member

Second the sleep issue. Nothing stresses the body more than lack of sleep in my case.

11. earshurt

earshurt New Member

"Have you seen any evidence for turmeric and its use in treating HIV?"

larrikin I remember references to it but I don't remember a thing I read about it. I have read so much about turmeric that I have probably forgotten more than I have retained. My be getting CRS disease. (can't remember shi*) :)

12. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Speaking of remembering (or forgetting), I keep forgetting to tell you, Papajoe--I love the title of this thread!

13. earshurt

earshurt New Member

June on your immune system theory I also had another thought. Since the affected area is already stressed by something, whatever the plague may be, candida even if it is not the root cause, could be acting like a secondary infection and piggybacking onto another problem and over colonizing the area. No evidence. Only theory. I do know that when the body gets weak or compromised in certain areas secondary infections are possible. For instance if an area of the body gets in duress for some reason staph aureas, which lives on our bodies all the time, can take advantage of the situation because the immune system is unable to overcome it as it normally would.

14. earshurt

earshurt New Member

link removed until i proof read further. saw something i didn't like.

I'm gonna go ahead and post it but I see something in it that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I have not done any research on it though so I don't know for sure. It doesn't say probiotics should not be used it says they are unnecessary because the body produces its own with adequate nutrition and that it will never get to the large intestine anyway and that they must be implanted by enema to get into the large intestine. I never heard that before and i'm iffy on it. I have a high opinion of probiotics myself.

Other than that it seems to have a lot of sound advice in it. It has so much info in it though that I have not even attempted to research it all yet. But from what I see it seems reasonable and lists a wheel barrow load of symptoms candida over growth can cause.

It also covers diet, medications, and also natural substances that can be used. Has a lot of info about how microwave food denatures food, ruins the nutrition, and allows candida to thrive.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/intro2.php#r2

15. studio_34

studio_34 Guest

Re: Pondering the Yonder (it\'s the yeast we can do)

I'm often wondered if candida is the root cause behind this dizziness. Believe it or not, a doctor I saw once had mentioned this to me but I dismissed it really because I didn't understand what candida was exactly or that it could affect ME. You guys have provided some great information here to chase up. I think it's time to revisit that doctor if she's still around. She's obviously open-minded and understands these other potential solutions to this instead of the usual ineffective medications I've been put on.

Earshurt, have you ever tried this (on the page you linked to)? I know this is used for successful cancer treatment but wondering if you think it's overkill for something like candida?

Coffee enemas

The benefits of a coffee cannot be overemphasized. Many people have experienced tremendous relief of their symptoms and renewed energy levels after enemas. Coffee enemas will decongest and flush the liver and the lymphatic system, which includes the adrenals.

Enemas can be done anytime during your treatment program, but they are highly advised early on when you are experiencing the most healing/detoxifing symptoms.

Taximom, thanks for the link on AIDS. It's a real eye-opener coming from someone at Berkeley.

James :)

16. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I have never tried the coffee enema but I have read some things about it. Supposedly it does a lot of good for a whole lot of problems.

17. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I have also read a lot about the benefits of raw, unrefined, unfiltered coconut oil. It is supposed to be a really mean hombre on a lot of sickness. A doctor published a story about her husband largely recovering from alzheimers by using coconut oil.

18. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Earshurt, can you post a link on that last one? And does she have any kind of hypothesison how and why it might work?

19. studio_34

studio_34 Guest

This might help Taximom. It's called the Coconut Diet.

http://www.coconutdiet.com/alzheimers.htm

Dr. Newport's husband had been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's and was watching her husband quickly deteriorate. After using drugs that slowed down the effects of Alzheimer's, she looked into clinical drug trials and found one based on MCTs that not only slowed the progression of Alzheimer's, but offered improvement. Not being able to get her husband into one of these trials, she began to give him Virgin Coconut Oil, and saw incredible improvement in his condition.

The coconut oil he'd ingested seemed to "lift the fog." He began taking coconut oil every day, and by the fifth day, there was a tremendous improvement. "He would face the day bubbly, more like his old self," his wife said. More than five months later, his tremors have subsided, the visual disturbances that prevented him from reading have disappeared, and he has become more social and interested in those around him.

20. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I find this a bit confusing--I thought tremors and visual disturbances were Parkinson's rather than Alzheimer's ?