Pondering the Yonder (it's the yeast we can do)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Papajoe, Dec 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Papajoe, you have inspired me to cut way down on sugar and other carbs! And I am feeling even better!

Dumb question: can yeast cross the blood-brain barrier?

2. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Here is a reference to candida and the blood brain barrier. Papajoe it talks about leaky gut too. Very very interesting article.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.intestinalbarriertest.com%2Fpdf%2FFunction-Intestinal-Barrier.pdf&ei=-2v4TLWaGYalnQfL1pGPAw&usg=AFQjCNGcEbNqAUY-S0Qfzp_jGhMcu7ee3g

3. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I'll pull the direct references out in case anyone has pdf problems.

----------------------------------------------

Candida albicans is the most common and problematic yeast found in normal flora of the
    intestine, vagina and skin. Under a variety of conditions, Candida can over-grow causing
    mal-absorption of nutrients, intestinal barrier dysfunction or increased intestinal
    permeability, fatigue, bloating and inflammation of the gut. Due to Candida’s crossreactive
    nature to all tissues, susceptibility to autoimmune disorders is elevated. This
    fungus has a predilection for vascular structures, and thus may cause vasculitis,
    intraparenchymal hemorrhage, mycotic aneurysms and thrombosis of small vessels with
    secondary infarction. Kondori and colleagues found antibodies to Candida in patients
    with rectal neoplasms, aneurysm, aoric aneurysm, diabetes mellitus, Non-Hodgkin’s
    lymphoma, and atrial fibrillation. Candida organisms can enter the CNS. They tend to
    cause focal necrosis in the area around the microcirculation, producing microabscesses
    located mainly in the gray-white matter junction, in the basal ganglia, and in the
    cerebellum.
    Serum immunoglobulins to food antigen macromolecules have been found in patients
    with IBD and celiac disease indicating that these proteins permeate in increased amounts
    causing systemic immune responsiveness. Dietary Proteins, wheat, corn, soy, egg and
    milk, are measured for two reasons. First, they are commonly eaten on daily basis;
    second, they are the most common dietary proteins associated with inflammation of the
    gastrointestinal tract, which leads to intestinal barrier dysfunction or intestinal
    permeability. In cases of intestinal permeability, autoimmune and neuroautoimmune
    disorders, such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia, are likely to develop.
    When exorphins, opioid peptides from undigested food proteins, cross the blood-brain
    barrier, they bind to opiate receptors in the locus ceruleus and other regions of the brain.
    By disrupting the neurotransmitters’ normal use of opiate receptors, this event can
    significantly affect behavior, emotions and cognitive ability, as well as, pain threshold.

INTESTINAL BARRIER DYSFUNCTION
    Bacterial endotoxins, infections, enzymes, xenobiotics and other environmental factors
    can induce mucosal immune dysregulation. Pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF- and IL-
    6 induce the production of IL-1his newly formed cytokine then binds to IL-1
    receptors near the tight junction complex and activates the NF-B inflammatory cascade.
    The down stream degradation of IB results in the translocation of NF-B into the
    nucleus. NF-B’s key role is the regulation of immune response to bacterial or viral
    antigens. The activation of this transcription factor indicates down-stream interplay
    among HPA and sympathetic nerve terminal. Once in the nucleus, NF-B activates
    myosin L-chain (MLC) kinase synthesis, which in turn, degrades the cytoskeletal
    network and tight junction proteins. With the opening of the tight junctions, bacterial
    toxins, xenobiotics and food antigens may enter circulation and bring about additional
    inflammation.
    This heightened activation of inflammatory cascades results in further production of
    proinflammatory cytokines TNF-, IL-6 and IL-1. Such inflammatory conditions
    promote the opening of the blood-brain barrier, and subsequently, initiate neuroinflammation in the brain and the production of pathogenic antibodies. This
    presents a link between gut and brain inflammations.
    -------------------------------------------------

4. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Since I got some good results from Turmeric I searched turmeric and candida and found 119,000 results about turmeric and candida. Just off the cuff one says this "Turmeric works by preventing Candida cells adhesion to the intestine wall or other tissues which it can then be eliminated from the body."
    ------------------------
    And I saw this on curezone.

have been taking 1 tsp Turmeric per day for my memory (as a preventative) and was nicely surprised that is has cured my candida. I no longer have a white coated tongue, which I have had for over 15 years. It is amazing.
    I just use the spice Turmeric that you can get from the food store and mix it with water and drink it. It is a little bit powdery and tastes "ok" but I guess you could mix it with a juice if you didn't like the taste.
    Let me know if it works for you.

All the best
    Diana Moore
    --------------------------------

I had a white coating on my tongue too and I noticed it vanished right after taking the turmeric and has not come back like used to be. Papajoe the more I look into candida the more interested I become.

5. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Thank you--that is interesting.

How do yeast and mercury interact (if at all)? And does aluminum cross the blood-brain barrier as well?

6. earshurt

earshurt New Member

And here is some more ancedotal facts. Goldenseal root is well known for its ability to deal with ear problems. It also deals with candida. I started taking some goldenseal root and about 40 minutes after I took it the same thing happened that happened when I took the oregano oil. Popping sensations in the affected ear and then the ear went calm. I kept taking it for a few days and my ear was very calm. When I stopped taking it the activity returned to a higher degree. To anyone reading this be it known that goldenseal root can be toxic in large amounts so don't run out and eat a bucket full of it.

7. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Alas, that web page has problems rendering with my current browser. I'll try to look at it from home later.

8. Papajoe

I'll highlight what I think are some of the most important points of that.

9. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I am not advocating anyone do what I do but I am willing to tell you my experiences with what I do. Much of what I will say is ancedotal evidence because I have been sporadic with the regimen.

After pondering this candida business I have noted some similarities in my problem and candida overgrowth. In July 2005 I got struck with this problem. I had been sitting inside the house practically 24/7 trading the stock market after I got out of medical sales. No doubt my vitamin d level was on bottom because I was getting no sunshine. I was not taking a supplement of vitamin d either. I think this could potentially cause candida overgrowth because of a weakened immune system. Makes sense to me.

I have taken vitamin d supplements sporadically but have not been faithful. I intend to quit being a slacker on the vitamin d. When I run out I go weeks sometimes without taking it. Not smart if I don't go outside and get sun. After this illness hit me I stayed inside even more and rarely got outside in the sun.

After thinking about this I have noticed that certain things I take make the situation better. Turmeric for instance. Turmeric provided relief but not full relief. Turmeric is known to help with candida.

In the past when I have taken things such as ground ground cinnamon, clove, oregano, black walnut, wormood, and goldenseal root I noticed improvement but never knew why. I would get distracted trying other things and stop taking these things. These substances are known to help with candida.

One thing I have noticed is that when I take them the relief usually occurs within a couple of hours sometimes. I usually attributed this to a decrease in inflammation, calming down a virus, etc...

Now I very very suspicious that I may have been knocking the candida count down lower. Last night I took these things and within two hours things were calming down in the ear. It remained calm until 3:00 this afternoon and now I feel the activity picking up. Inflammation, fizzing popping sensations in the ear, and the trigeminal nerve is become irritated again.

I am brewing up a batch right now. I will drink it when it cools. I plan to continue this regimen faithfully, along with 4000 I.U. of Vitamin D, and magnesium.

I will report my results as they occur.

10. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Ok I took my concoction at 3:30. Ear is calm. Still have high pitched tinnitus. By the way this does not always work this fast and i'm not sure why its working within two hours like this. It could still be coincidence. Until I keep doing it I won't be convinced it truly works. I added some stuff to it this time I don't normally use. That could be it, or maybe its just the normal ups and downs of the illness and it is not working at all.

11. earhurts

earhurts New Member

Papajoe I woke up at 3:24 this morning because I forgot to tell you something critical about Turmeric. It bothered me so bad I had to get up and find some paper and a pencil and write it down so that I would not forge it!

If you ever decide to try turmeric make sure you take black pepper with it. Turmeric is not easily digested. The piperine in black pepper will enable you to digest it fully and properly and enhance the uptake of the curcumin in the body several fold. You would still get some benefit from it without the pepper but not nearly as much.

12. earhurts

earhurts New Member

I post the following in hopes that someone here may gain some clues about their own condition.
    -------------------------

Many times I suspected a candida link for certain reasons but it just never seemed to explain all the problems entirely so I let that idea go a long time ago. One reason I suspected candida is because candida loves sugar. Every time I eat a little sugar the problem goes crazy on me. I also had a white coating on my tongue which is a sign of candida. When I took the Turmeric the coating almost vanished over night.

Every since this first happened one thing has remained constant. Every time I get on my feet it gets 1000% worse. When I lay down it calms down. When I say worse I mean major serious inflammation. This to me always indicated a blood flow problem and at one point I could literally hear the blood squishing in time with my heart beat trying to get through either the Tympanic artery or the Inner Carotid. I have told many doctors that I believe there is thrombosis that leads to infarction in those vessels because it is the only thing that makes sense to me. The hydrodynamic flow and blood pressure change between laying and being in vertical upright position. Blood pressure rises also when you are up standing. I tried some blood pressure meds to test this and see if it made a difference. The blood pressure meds helped calm it down. Successful test but I was still baffled.

Thrombosis (something loose in the blood stream) causes infarction (partial blockage) which causes serious inflammation in a vessel where the blockage is due the fact that is causes a back flow current. And also in the case of candida, candida causes vasculitis (inflamed vessel) which also leads to infarction in a vessel. So now this all makes much more sense.

The Turmeric that helps me does three things that I know of. It is a good anti-inflammatory, it helps with candida, it attaches to toxins in the blood stream and carries them safely from the body. It is not potent enough on candida alone to fully handle the problem though. At least not for me but it may be for someone else.

I had fatigue and brain fog so bad I could barely walk around. I believe my blood was so full of toxins it was dragging me down. The turmeric collects it and gets it out.

I went to Mayo in Minnesota and they did an MRI that could see the vascular structures and there was no blockage. But, I was laying down for a long time during the mri and the blood always gets through just fine when I lay down. So no surprise that nothing showed up.

Then I see the Papajoe thread on candida. Somebody asked if candida could cross the blood brain barrier. As a favor I looked it up for them and posted it to the thread. Lo and behold in the document I found for that person I also found something for myself.

I found a reference to this >>> "This fungus has a predilection for vascular structures, and thus may cause vasculitis, intraparenchymal hemorrhage, mycotic aneurysms and thrombosis of small vessels with secondary infarction."

Rigor and intuition tell me that I am on to something possibly for the first time since 2005. As I think back every time I have taken something that is a candida buster it gets better but I never knew why. Since I have no laboratory test to confirm this it is conjecture but all facts fit perfectly and it also seems to confirm a candida link I alway suspected was there.

Infarction has been present and that I am certain of. When a person can hear the blood squishing in time with their heart in their ear it means flow is restricted.

So the last two days I have started a candida buster regimen and the results are promising so far.

13. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Two things:

1. Sugar also aggravates herpes viruses and could another reason many people feel worse after eating sugar.

2. Turmeric is yellow and stains things very quickly. If you place your finger in a solution of turmeric and water it will turn yellow, so it is not surprising that the whiteness on your tongue would disappear after drinking it. Also not all whiteness on the tongue is due to yeast (although it can be). If it is yeast, it would most likely appear as white patches and not just as a white film/coating.

14. earhurts

earhurts New Member

Thanks for mentioning that Jordan. I considered those things too. On the herpes candida thing the jury is certainly still out. Don't know for sure. On the tongue coating thing I started scraping my tongue and it is not there. It was patchy too like you describe. It wasn't one solid film.

I have not researched this candida thing in a very long time. I'm not familiar with the testing methods on it yet.

When I went to Mayo I asked the neurologist if I could be tested for herpes and he said yes. There are many different strains though. When I finally got back home and looked at the lab tests I think it had a reference to having been tested for herpes zoster. It was negative. I'm not sold that this herpes test necessarily means anything or not though.

Diagnostic testing is a tedious bird and different manufacturers tests can come out totally different. During my research on diagnostic testing I stumbled across some information on HIV tests and how unreliable they are. I was shocked by what I discovered. A person can go to one hospital and get tested for HIV and test negative. Same person can literally walk across the street to another hospital where they use a test from a different manufacturer and test positive for HIV. That is horrifying. I found it so interesting that I kept researching it and discovered that it is actually a big deal in the aids/hiv community. It is a well known problem that many people are being diagnosed with HIV that do not have it. They take the meds for it. The meds cause the same wasting and symptoms of full blown aids. The meds are highly toxic and damage the immune system. People are going to waste on these meds thinking they have HIV and they don't even have it. If that is not bad enough they also use "risk questions" in the diagnosis. In some circumstances if you test positive, and you answer the lifestyle questions and your lifestyle determines that due to your sexual habits you have a high risk lifestyle then they diagnose you positive with HIV. If you answer the questions and they do not indicate that you have a high risk lifestyle, then even if the test is positive they diagnose you as not having HIV. That is possibly the most unscientific thing in the diagnostic testing world I have ever come across. I hunted down a video about it on the web. A young guy made a documentary about it. It actually showed him interviewing a testing person at an aids testing facility. He asked the person point blank if the risk questions determined the diagnosis if they tested positive and the person answered a resounding "yes". I could hardly believe my eyes and ears. I think the name of the video is "House of Numbers" and its worth a watch.

A group of doctors got together and went on a war campaign to get something done about this HIV testing problem and their pleas fell on deaf ears. Nobody will do anything about it. To me this is a situation beyond horror for so many people. Anyway....I type too fast. This is not an HIV thread but I thought I would share that as an interesting note about diagnostic testing. It pays to be careful what we believe. It also makes it hard to know what to believe or not to believe unfortunately. I am not saying that all diagnostic testing is this unreliable but it pays to look around and see what you can dig up on the testing methods. As if we need something else to have to do research on right?

15. studio_34

studio_34 Guest

Earshurt or earhurts or earshurts,
    Do you think HIV really is the cause of AIDS? There's some very interesting information out there that suggests otherwise. Makes you wonder if it is yet another way to get people taking expensive medications. They cost a lot of money and must be making some people very rich. I found this video about it. Seems to be controversial as well as the tests you mentioned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_IRRO1GxY

James

16. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Check out www.duesberg.com

"Peter H. Duesberg, Ph.D. is a professor of Molecular and Cell Biology at the University of California, Berkeley. Biographical Sketch

He isolated the first cancer gene through his work on retroviruses in 1970, and mapped the genetic structure of these viruses. This, and his subsequent work in the same field, resulted in his election to the National Academy of Sciences in 1986. He is also the recipient of a seven-year Outstanding Investigator Grant from the National Institutes of Health.

On the basis of his experience with retroviruses, Duesberg has challenged the virus-AIDS hypothesis in the pages of such journals as Cancer Research, Lancet, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Science, Nature, Journal of AIDS, AIDS Forschung, Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapeutics, New England Journal of Medicine and Research in Immunology. He has instead proposed the hypothesis that the various American/European AIDS diseases are brought on by the long-term consumption of recreational drugs and/or AZT itself, which is prescribed to prevent or treat AIDS. See The AIDS Dilemma: Drug diseases blamed on a passenger virus.

Prof. Duesberg's findings have been a thorn in the side of the medical establishment and drug companies since 1987. Instead of engaging in scientific debate, however, the only response has been to cut-off funding to further test Professor's Duesberg's hypothesis."

17. Papajoe

All of the above (below?) may be true, but when anti-virals don't do it for you and anti-fungals do, that pretty well settles it for me.

18. marsha b

marsha b New Member

Does anyone know what tests a dr. would run to determine if a person has meniere's or if it is really something else. I have read that you should ask for some tests to rule out anything else first but I am not sure what tests to ask to have done. Someone suggested to me to get a mri, a brain scan. an ENG test, and/or a VNG test done.
    are there others that would be good to have done? Also, does MM stand for Meniere's or something else? Thanks for the help. marshab

19. Papajoe

Hi Marsha, welcome. Yes, MM means Menieres Morbius, which is one of the early name of the disease. There are no tests for Menieres. They diagnose you by eliminating anything else that you might have. The MRI is to rule out physical damage or abnormalities in your inner ear. You should start a new post introducing yourself. There is a lot of good info here on the forums.

Papa Joe

20. marsha b

marsha b New Member

What tests should you ask your dr. to run to determine if, in fact, this is not Meniere's but is something else. Suggestions made to me were an MRI, a brain scan, an ENG test, a VNG test - are there others that they can do? Also what is MAV? One last Q- where is the link on the page that you click on to post a new Q and also where do you click to answer a person's post? Thanks. marshab