My Meniere's and now a new life with Cochlear

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by who me, May 29, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dizzyc

dizzyc New Member

i'm so glad i came across this post!!! it has given me hope for the future! ;D ;D ;D. deaf in one ear and the other one has started going just this week, so depressing.... :'(. it's so great to hear success stories with the CI.

2. who me

who me New Member

Hi Dizzy and Dabronx. The strep injections and now the cochlear have been the best 2 things I have done. I have my life back again, i should have done the CI earlier but didn't, the strep injections were all worked on with my ENT doc, it took a while for this decision to be made but that was mostly due to the fact of what the unknown might be.
    If the bloody moon wasn't so far away I'd jump over it, whilst saying g'day to Neil Armstrong on the way through. :eek: 8) 8)
    Chin up all ;) ;)

3. Samara

Samara New Member

Super story! So glad you shared your success with the cochlear implant. I think many people are afraid to try it because it seems so extreme.

4. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

This thread and man's story should go in the database.

A lot to learn---- thanks Who Me

5. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

have you any regrets at all with the strep? does it affect your day to day function at all?
    what was your recovery like?
    thanks in advance

6. who me

who me New Member

No mate not 1 regret what so ever. The only affect I have on my day to day life is from hearing loss, my cochlear as awesome as it is, still doesn't offer what 2 good ears can, but as I've said earlier my cochlear is my new life and I make the most of what I have.
    The only thing I need to take my time with is getting up off the ground after lying under a vehicle doing work, as I'm a mechanic, I just sit upright for 30 seconds or so just to let things settle down before standing up.
    Looking back after 10 years or so since my strep injections the 3 months I had off work and the time it knocked me around is a small sacrifice for the now 10 years or so of not having to worry about when an attack might happen.
    Before the strep mate my life revolved around ambulance rides and massive uncontrollable vertigo attacks lasting for hours and some times days.

7. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

Great stuff, absolutely delighted for you. well done for having the guts to take the plunge by taking both ears out and getting your life back.

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Bump

A must read for all the newbies struggling with mm