MARCH 2007 - Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dizzjo, Mar 1, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

:D :D :D

I'll be back soon. Just got to work and need to do some - LOL.

2. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

The wedding is next weekend. I know my daughter is getting excited now. Tomorrow is here oldest daughters birthday she will be 12 years old. I told her she will have a teen soon so watch out. I reminded her how she was when she was that age.
    Pay back time now.LOL

3. Tizzy

Tizzy New Member

Hello All - And a TGIF to yoU all! Still a little cool here but springlike all the same - the dogs are happy to be home and liking the exposed ground - I noticed a couple of them had suspiciosuly dirty noses from digging which is their favourite thing next to running! If it is a sunny day they all lay about like beched whales or seals or something and bask in the rays. I partly cleaned out my sheds and now today have to finish the other half -at least I can find stuff now after I hauled out and are organized all the junk!
    Hope all of you here have a lovely weekend.

4. jrw

jrw New Member

Spent all morning manning our bird club booth at the local garden show. Grabbed a bite to eat and here I am. Thanks for posting those pictures, Linda. They're both from the foyer. I couldn't get a good one showing both the foyer and the living room; the lens on our digital camera just wasn't wide enough. The first one just shows the overall print on one wall where we have an antique bookcase. The walls in the living room are white, the couch navy blue, the carpet a beigy rose, and the drapes rose, navy, beige and green. Anyway, when you stand in the foyer the beige of the drapes really hits you because everything else is so clean looking. So I put a wallpaper that had a cream/tan background. Now when you stand in the foyer and look into the living room the drapes don't look odd at all. The second picture is just to show you a close up of the print, and to show you how it just pops the golden wood tones out of our birdseye maple door. All the closets in our house have these doors, and they look so good with beiges and earth tones. Well, that's it for the redecorating.

Carol - a hackberry! Those trees are so good for wildlife as you have seen. We're going to plant one this spring in a spot where we took out our diseased Norway spruce. All kinds of birds like the fruit.

Joyce, it's your week for doc appointments? Such fun isn't it. Seems like they come all too frequently nowadays, don't they.

Dixie - you'll have to keep your computer handy right after the surgery so we can all cheer you up and send you warm fuzzies. :)

Linda - it looks like a comfortable seat but aren't there already bleachers at the baseball stadiums? I can't imaging that cushioned seat finding a spot in the bleachers. Or are they letting you into the batboy's spot on the field? :)

For a week of supposedly 50° weather this has sure been a cold week. The weathermen overestimated and it's cloudy and windy, too. brrr
    Those flowers popping up sure sound lovely, Joyce. We've got snowdrops but that's it so far. I think the ground is still frozen once you get a couple inches down.

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Joyce - I will be right over to help eat those pinto beans - yummmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

That red seat thing

[​IMG]

is an exercise gadget. You hold the handles, keep the upper body facing straight ahead, the seat swivels -- it helps tighten up the tummy. But it also exercises the arms, and if you use it long enough, you work up a sweat.

I use it every night while watching TV. (Yes, contrary to what it looks like, I'm not always on the forum :D ;D.)

JRW - I love the wallpaper :)!

Cee - Email me pics of the new kitties and I'll post them.

Dixie - Stop being nervous. You'll do fine at the wedding AND with the surgery.

Hey there Jenn, Tizzy, Maggie me Sis, Loretta, Rae Nell (hoping that headache is better :-*), Carol, AG Carol, Sue, and all I have forgotten to mention.

A special hello to Sami :-* :-*!

6. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

jrw-- that's really beautiful wallpaper. If it were fabric I'd be wanting to buy some yardage! Birds Eye Maple is lovely. You're lucky to have it throughout your house. What a great time of year to be re-decorating. Your living room sounds peaceful and inviting.

I've been cutting fabric all this while. Almost done!

Will be back a little later. Must run some errands before the bank closes.

xoxoxox,
    Jenski

7. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

jrw your wallpaper is very pretty

dixie, you will be a beautiful mother of the bride and the day will
    be just wonderful.
    hang in there!

8. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

:eek: Me, too!! Murphy Brown...and Mother Teresa. How's that for a combination? :D :D :D

9. Marian

Marian New Member

It is again in the middle of the night, I am very sleepy, but my body does not want to stay in bed. Naughty other part of me !!! So I will fill up the time by writing and I looked through a slideshow of photos which my oldest daughter had from her recent summer vacation in New Zealand - South Island. Yes, it was summer there when we had winter. She lives on the North Island, also very beautiful, but the South Island is really stunning. We had chosen without any knowledge before, the right place to live in New Zealand. The biggest of the two islands, but the least amount of people there - only around 950.000, I think. All the other ones, so probably 3 million live on the much smaller North Island with the biggest city being Auckland, which has more than 1 million inhabitants. Those photos were so beautiful, and I could see them all again, and my NZ granddaughter too, who told me last week, that when she turned 8 (now she turned 6) she will come again to see us in the Netherlands. Well, I hope that she is right. I miss them so much, but realise very well that we opened the way to live somewhere which is not your homecountry. Result: one daughter prefers to live there as it was too crowded here for her liking. The other two never had the money to return to NZ and have to stay here.

I also copied some photos, which I got from my second daughter Marike, and it is all about my oldest granddaughter who plays the violin so well. She was 3 years old when she started, slowly first, playing Twinkle all the time and never got bored. Since she was 5 years old she started to play from music notes. Now she is 9 and really very good on it. A few weeks ago there was a performance of her school of music and my husband was in the audience to see and hear his granddaugher playing and also again his daughter, but now behind the piano (at very short notice, she got the music in the afternoon and had to accompany all the students in the evening performance). She never played piano anymore as she did not have one, but since half a year she got one for maybe only 100 Euro, as people who like her and know she is not that well off (on a very low benefit, being a divorced handicapped mother of two kids) decided to move their unused piano to her home. She had no room for it whatsoever, but pianos are more important than couches, so one got removed and if she might get more than 3 people to visit her, they have to sit on a dining chair or on the floor.
    I am very proud of my little granddaughter. She is the smallest there in her group, and also about the youngest. But she played with a boy a piece where they have to act as well. Marching away from each other and playing all the time, stamping their feet, turning around at the end and passing each other. Till finally they finish marching on their place and still playing. Belle had her boots on, which could make a good noise on the wooden floor. She also played several times solo parts or a duet with her teacher. And her mum accompanied her too and also the other students.

[​IMG]
    this is how she always plays, very seriously
    [​IMG][\center]

with her teacher, playing a duet [\center]
    [​IMG]
    Marike looking from a distance sitting behind the piano ​
    [​IMG]
    after marching away from the boy, she turns around and is a normal Belle again
    [​IMG]
    the end: marching on their place, like soldiers ​

Yes, that makes grandparents so happy and proud !! All the effort we put once into our own children, letting them play whatever instrument they liked and finding ways of paying for it, sometimes at school lessons which were free at that time, but when they were better we had to cough up quite a lot of money. But we never spent anything on ourselves, only went to concerts and hardly ever went out to other events. So history repeats itself, we went to concerts where the children played in, and later in the symphony orchestra we had the 2 girls playing bassoon and viola, and our later son-in-law the tuba and French horn. Niels still hadn't reached that level, as he was not even 18 yet when we left New zealand. He played cello in the Youth Orchestra, the highest orchestra of the school of instrumental music. And sang in the Youth Choir too.
    And now one grandchild has inherited her mothers gift for playing violin and also tries herself to play on the piano, as she can read notes and count, so lessons are not needed yet, she has enough other interests to keep her busy.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have one leg looking like a mummies one. All wrapped up in thick layer of foam and elastic bandages. Last Thursday we finally managed to go East, I was up since 4.30 - I had been in bed for just a little longer than 4 hours, which is the limit for my body. So I decided not to return after a while to bed, but remain awake and ready to go later. It was raining here, so not so nice to drive over. I had looked forward to go there as the clinic is in the midst of farmland, but not with water to separate all the meadows, but hedges and trees. When we were halfway, the sun came through and I was so happy when we got the turn off and had to use the sometimes very small roads leading to the clinic. The farms looked all spic and span, newly painted, often white, with beautiful painted shutters with some having a pattern in different colour in the centre. Neat net curtains and potplants in the window sills, all flowering ones. I have green leaves plants, easier to keep and they can be forgotten sometimes to water them. Not so with those colourful flowering plants. The farmer's wives are very buzy lizzies. I think they clean their whole house each day, it all looks so spotless there. The gardens in front of the farms, which often had thatched roofs, were neat too, lots of daffodils and early tulips in them and flowering bushes and trees. What a wealth of colour, blue sky above and swans and ducks in one canal along a road. That is the part of my country I love second the best. Going more East than we were, it gets more mixed - fields with cows and sheep in them, but also foresty parts, and everywhere old farms which look so terrific. I lived for 3 years in the East, where my mother's family comes from. And we went on vacation there often when we still lived in the West.

The treatment there went very efficient. Our number was not that far away, so we had time to get a cup of coffee and then it was already time to go to another waiting room. There were 3 doctors at work, and they went from room to room. And many nurses. When it was my turn he read first the letter my own physician had printed out for him, to indicate that I had many other diseases as well, so he had to be careful with injecting too much fluid in the legs at the same time. He saw that I had Meniere, and knew that very well. Well, if you have that, then this treatment will be a piece of cake for you, he said. But when he saw my legs, he could see that I had neglected them for too long. Always other priorities and my body had to wait all the time. Legs were not that important, but so painful these last years and heavy and feeling tired. I was just in time there to prevent to get an open leg, which I knew, but never took time out to go there. The Meniere had been too bad and last year that skin cancer stuff and in autumn my back gave up again as has happened since I was 20. In summer they hardly ever treat people there, only the ones who have minor trouble and only go there because they want to have beautiful legs. I don't expect that to happen, but I want to be safe now and get rid of the pain. Had very bad ones in the hollow of my knee (at the back). Now I hardly can bend my leg, as they put lots of cotton wool there to protect the areas which had been injected. Next week I have to come again, to do the rest of that leg. And then later the other one, also probably in two goes, and last of all the big areas on my feet which have those spidery black thin veins. Not a few, but the side and upper part of my feet are covered with them till up to my leg. Looks a bit dirty, but they are not dangerous. Also do not hurt. So I will have to return there often for a complete overhoal of legs. Then later more of the body, like going with the car to the garage to get it checked and repaired everywhere.

Going back home was such a pleasure. We did not use the motorway anymore, but all the narrow roads you only find on the maps. The road signs always lead you to the motorway. Part of it went through the national Park the Veluwe, with endless heatherfields like on the moors of England. In autumn they all look purple, with some pieces of yellow grass in between. That area is called the Bible belt, where all women and girls wear skirts or dresses. Not like most in our country who wear trousers or jeans, and in summertime shorts etc. But that Bible belt occupies the most beaufitul part of our country. Times are past luckily that strangers were not allowed to drive through their villages. Now they welcome others to have their vacation around or in their villages. And even when they walk around in shorts, that seems to be accepted now. Money makes all people weak, I think. The Bible belt goes dionagally (sp) through the whole country, from Zealand at the North Sea, to Groningen in the North East. Well, if the weather stays as nice as it is now, then the visits to the clinic can become a nice scenic trip to see our country again. There are so many small roads there, that each week we can take another route back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to write to all people who were posting here, but it is now 4 in the night and I get a sore back and my leg does not feel comfortable. Coming Sunday I can take off everything and get a shower, but than I have to get the washed bandages again around it from foot to top.

Ceeka: I was very surprised and happy to see that you probably will stay in my country for one or two days (?). You are always welcome here, our village does not have a hotel, but we have a small bedroom with two beds, one has to be pulled out as it is hidden under the normal single bed. It is all very small, but we have a good bathroom and the spare room has a basin too so you can use water in your own room for e.g. brushing your teeth. I am sorry that they will still be building here, so it looks not as it used to look like. All that sand and dust is really bothering us. But we might take you out to better areas so you will see some of our country.

It all depends on what part of the summer you will be in Amsterdam. We always go with my daughter and her two kids on vacation for about 10 days in the school holidays (6 weeks). That is often in July and part of August. We ourselves intend to go to the South of France, like we had planned last year and prepaid there for our booking. But I don't know whether I will manage to do that in May already. We bought special vouchers for campings (the best ones) which we only can use in the low period, before the main population take their vacations. Or later in the year, after 1 September, but then we won't go to the Provence. That has been grilled all summer and won't look very attractive anymore. Best time for that area is indeed spring time and early summer. Not too hot, I hope, but temperatures there are getting out of hand and bushfires happen there now often during high summer.

I keep planning, but don't know whether I will be able to go away. So we are probably at home whenever your might come. So good to see someone from the Forum here !!!!! Hope you will be able to stop over in the Netherlands. And Amsterdam is after all not such a bad city. It is so different from other capitals of countries. It is a very old city and the center, if you find the right places, is really special indeed. A tour through the canals shows you the beauty of the Golden Age: 17th Century houses lining the canals with all different fronts and roofs. Walking in the shopping areas is something I also never like. Men often go to the Red District, but women avoid that. I have been there several times and during the day there is nothing special going on. Only some sex shops. But Amsterdam has more to offer than the Red District. Most people from England and other European countries seem to come here only to see that! And go shopping. A real pity, they forget that Amsterdam existed already around 900 and old parts are still there.

Sorry everyone else, next time I will go through all posts again and write more to you all. But it is really too late now and I should be in bed.

Love to you all, and I forgot to tell Rae Nell, that I have seen the most beautiful bull yesterday. But we had no camera with us. A lovely velvety brown skin and huge horns, in half circles on top of his head. He did not look scary at all, only very majestic and beautiful. Poor one, had no females around him. They are still inside till the frosts wont return. But there were many sheep with tiny white lambs, and also little goats (what do you call them ??). jumping up wooden boxes and running around their mothers who were very busy too. Oh, spring is so beautiful!

Marian
    [\left]​

10. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Marian -

I loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

11. jill

jill New Member

Happy last day of March all!

I've been busy the past few days which is a good thing. Work and a meeting one night, my knitting class another night, whew! Not use to this kind of non-stop. Last night I sat for 3.5 hours straight! LOL

Boco is home with us now and we can see his spot in the garden from our kitchen and deck. I bought a really nice garden cross at Lowes for a marker. Hubby is still very sad. Steve-O and I are much better. Skooter is lonely and we try to play with him more and leave the front door with a full view storm door open for him alot. He loves to sit and watch the birds and chipmunks. And The neighbors cat Camaro visits the door daily to see Skooter. To funny!

The boys are all ready talking new kitty for skooter to play with . Boco was a cat who could be by himself, but Skooter is not. I've been talking about a 3rd cats forever it seems and hubby always said no. Now I do want another but I really don't want to deal with losing another pet, one more passing some day with skooter is enough! But that is life, pets die and people pass on. You just deal and move on with life. The next will be short hair though! THese long hair cats are killing me! Beautiful, but fur is everywhere!

Well April looks like it will live up to it's name of rainy, at least for now. Rain is due here Sunday night into Thursday. YUCKO! Snow is almost gone, few patches still.

I skimmed thru the posts and it's nice to see ya'll yacking away! I just love it here!

Joyce...I hope I get a good report like you at the dentist when I go on Monday for my cleaning!

Rae Nell.....hoping that headache is long gone.

Marian...Such a cutie pie, great pictures.

jrw....look at you going to town with the decorating! Love it!

Jen...you amaze me with your quilting. You are like lightning, faster quilter in the east!!

Linda....Sox first game is Monday I believe in Kansas City!! Mom with be glued to the TV. Me, still waiting on Football!! Steve got an authentic Lawrence maroney jersey the other day on Ebay. 50.00. THey retail for 299.00!! It's nice. Wore it to school yesterday and it was only in the 30's in the am! He didn't care!!

Hello to everone else! Tizzy, DC, Sue, Loretta, Maggie, Sami girl, Richard, Carol, AG Carol, Dixie, Cee, Stacey, Di, who's missing?

Well today I have to got out and do some errands that can't wait until Monday or Tuesday when I am off, hate going to stores on the weekend. Oh well. House cleaning will have to wait til Sunday....Palm Sunday, didn't realize it was this weekend! Easter next! Wow!

Hugs to all! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

12. Ceeka

Ceeka New Member

Interesting day today...we have errands to run too, but the storm clouds are rolling in and I'm counting the lightning strikes until I can hear the thunder. If I can hear it, it has to be loud. The ears are already filling up and I have resorted to meds. I'm determined to escape MM today!!

Silly me, I had visions of a picnic on the beach later in the day. All the food is ready. Perhaps, a blanket on the floor in the den with good food and a movie or two. When my kids were little they would enjoy that. Now I don't know, but if no one wants to join me I'll curl up with the furry family.

Marian, I loved the pictures of Belle playing the violin. You can see from the expressions on her face she loves it. It is wonderful she has the opportunity to develop her talent and an extra plus her mom is talented as well. You have every right to be a proud mother and grandmother! Thank you for the offer to stay with you. It is so sweet and I appreciate it, but with your MM and my MM it is probably better if we stay in a hotel. Sometimes I just end up in bed and don't move. I get through the attacks much faster that way. We have been to Holland several times. I had not been diagnosed with MM then and I'm sorry I didn't know you were there. I am familiar with Amsterdam and love the city with its old houses and architecture. The canal tours you mentioned are some of our favorite memories. How close are you to Amsterdam?

DC, you are going to see an actual operation? ... or a tape? Even with so many of our kids in the medical field I'm afraid they didn't get their interest from me. My brother has a tape of his surgery when his hip was replaced and that was more than I ever wanted to see. It is amazing what medical science can do today. My sister-in-law has had both knees replaced and she is doing great! I know you will too. :-*

:D :D :D I'm glad someone agrees with me. She is insisting; so, this should be interesting. I hope she has perseverance.

jrw, you have been busy! I like the new look and love your antique bookcase. Is it a family heirloom? I love antiques and inheirted a few pieces from both of my grandmothers. When ever I see them they bring back happy memories.

I'm running out of time this morning and I know if I say hi to everyone I'll forget someone and I hate it when that happens. You are all special to me. Take care and have a wonderful weekend!! :-*

13. jrw

jrw New Member

Marian, loved the pictures of Belle and her violin! I think it's remarkable how the kids get those pieces memorized. That seems to be the toughest part for me when it comes to playing an instrument. She looks like she's enjoying herself so much.

The bookcase I purchased about 10 years ago at an antique show. We've got a lot of books here and needed a case for the books not frequently accessed. I loved the glasswork in it. Yes, the birdseye maple doors are really unique. They put 9 of these doors in this house when it was built in 1950. I recently talked with a contractor about them and he didn't think you could get that much veneer anymore to make the doors without paying a monstrous sum. My dad was a woodworker and wood has always seemed something special, so these doors really caught my eye when we were shopping for a house 25 years ago.

Linda, an exercise seat?! Well, that's a new one; never would have figured it out. So, do you have a special cushion for your tush at baseball games? :) Haven't seen anyone at the baseball diamonds around here yet. Everything is still so wet from snowmelt. But the skateboarding kids are out.

Bird migration has a good start here, at least the bluebirds are back along with cowbirds, song sparrows, killdeer, sandhill cranes, red-wing blackbirds. The juncos are massing up and feeding heavily for their trip back north to Canada - they are all over the yard looking for nourishment. And the raccoons are out of hibernation so our suet feeders are at risk along with the rest of the bird feeders.

Take care everyone.

14. Tizzy

Tizzy New Member

Hello All - well I am starting my weekend off lazy! Still in my "jammies" and lingering over toast and coffee.
    Marian - I really enjoyed the pictures of Belle - what a lovely little girl - no wonder you are a proud grandma.
    I liked your description of the lovely farms you saw on your drive,too. I would love to see Holland some day!

jrw - very nice wallpaper it sets off the antiques and wordwork lovely - birdseye maple doors!-wow it is just such a pretty wood. You would have enjoyed the big pileated woodpecker I saw here this week - he was out in the open pecking at a piece of log - they are quite the big bird.

jenski - loved the meatball story -sounds like everything turned out well in the end!

No big plans today other than continuing work on my shed which looks better but still needs attention.

hope everyone has a great weekend!

15. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Saturday 31 March 2007

You can be a happy person and not have a "perfect" life.

AMEN to that thought!!

The weather had warmed up a little after the visit to have the mammogram - lol - don't wear deodorant, no powder. I was glad to get home and get that on where it belongs. ??? I also removed some more of those suckers from the lilacs and another rose bush.

My pork and bean soup turned our nice and yummy - hubby went back for seconds so I know it was pretty good. I had been tasting all along to tweak things and since it stewed all night and most of the day it was well blended and - another reason to love the slow cooker. Anyway it was pork and bean soup and corn bread (which was also from scratch and very crusty). I gave a container to my neighbor who is by herself, same age as us and the one we visit with over the fence a lot. She seldom take time to make a meal for herself.

She had been to the dollar store and bought a nifty tool for the garden that I had bought at the exchange but mine has a long handle that is retractable. I love the dollar store for garden accessories too - i have frogs, ants, lady bugs and other ornamental things to add interest to the garden. Time to get them all out, I think.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    Wow - so many responses and this is the last day of the month. Tomorrow will be a new day, new week and new month. I always sort of hate to see it end.

Jen LOL about the pepper - that would be a little over seasoned. I have done similar things and then scooped it out. ??? groan!
    You must post pictures of the wedding quilt and others you have finished. You sound like me on fabric cutting missions. I have so much cut not I have more than I need. I need to get sewing them together again.

Tizzy I can picture your dogs all soaking up the sun and sniffing the ground and digging holes. 8)

jrw You are a dedicated birder. I know it is something you really enjoy and I think everyone should have a passion. Mine used to be the reading group I belonged to.
    Those are terrific pictures of the new wall paper and your beautiful chest.

Linda thanks to you for the pictures of jrws wall paper, etc.
    About that chair - you mean you sit on it and lift those handles?? :eek: That sound like work. Do you do this in public or private? ;D ;D In two minutes i would have sweat - LOL
    Linda - I would have given you some of my pork and pinto bean soup had you been here, but the Linda next door got it. I love Pinto beans for dishes like chili and soup and Mexican bean dip, etc.refried beans - yum!!

deercharmer Those are great combinations of heroes. Glad to see another Murphy Brown hero. think it say it - that is me so often. :eek: ::)

Marian I am so glad the vein removal went well and on time and perfect day for you. It finally really happened!! I hope your wounds heal and it all turns out as you had hoped.
    Lovely pictures of your darling Belle and the violin. She is so cute!

The trip back to your home sounded like a wonderful drive off the beaten path through the wonders of the countryside and things not normally seen on a busy highway.

I loved your e-mail too about the Andre Rieu concert in NY. I think one of the reasons he is so great is because he studies the area and the people first and plays to their hearts and that makes him terrific.

Jill Now the beloved cat is at rest and will join you again in heaven. I love my cat and would be so terribly sad should anything happen to her. She adores me - I can feel the love - I know our animal friends have feelings and love and devotion, same as we do. Here's to a good dental visit. ;D ;D

Cee Those seeds are so small and I hate thinning but can hardly see the seed when planting. I go out with a fork and hold the soil down with the fork to pluck out the stuff I don't want. Notice how bogus little plants grow right next to the real ones you want to keep?? I am too old to get down on my hands and knees and be expected to get up again. I always like planting radishes because they grew fast and quickly to the table. I am only one who likes radishes so guess what never gets planted any more. This year I will try carrots.

Pardonme sent some seeds for a tree (Rose of Sharon Hibiscus Tree), so it is time to be thinking of starting them too - it is still quite chilly so maybe indoors. I hope they will sprout here. I thank you for those - if you peek in here. It was so long ago they were sent I was afraid I would lose them.
    I will share with a neighbor since there are so many - she also has a small green house which could help germinate them.

Hi to everyone else - have a great day, great weekend and great feelings of well being. :D :D :D

16. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Hi ya'll! Couldn't post yesterday due to bad storms in the area (Ceeka is getting them today :p). We had flooding all around and thought our pool was going to float away and it's an in ground pool! :D So couldn't use computer, the TV lost it's signal and I didn't have anything to read! :-\ Phones were working but with the lightening I didn't call anyone. Frustrating day! :-\

Dixie I know the wedding will be beautiful as will you! :-* Relax and enjoy and post lots of pictures!

Tizzy
    so nice to have you around again! Maybe someday I can be a customer and get to ride in your dog sled![​IMG]

jrw beautiful wallpaper! Sounds like you've done a great decorating job. [​IMG]
    I really miss that old hackberry (Hubbie hates them ???). We've been trying to decide what to put in it's place. I'd like another tree and he wants crepe myrtle or fotinia's (sp ?). I thought i saw some woodpeckers on the telephone pole so maybe they will still hang around. ;D

Linda I know exercise is good for you but you are pretty darn slim now! [​IMG] Can it double as a seat at a baseball game? LOL

Marian how proud you must be of Belle! She is a darling girl! Love the pictures. ;D I'm so glad you made it to the place to have your legs done! You sound very good and happy! ;)

Jill I don't mean to remind you of your loss but was Boco the orange kitty you had as your siggy? We tend to get orange/yellow kitties. [​IMG]
    Don't know if you will get the storms that have been down here but watch out if you do!

Cee hope ya'll don't get washed away with the storms! I see they are right on top of you! :p I'm feeling a little better today because they have moved on! I am sending you "no MM today" thoughts! :-*

Joyce we use to have a Rose of Sharon at our last house - was my parent's. I loved it! Maybe that's something we can plant where they cut down the hackberry. ;D My father loved navy bean soup and I learned to like it later in life. Never made any though.

A BIG hello to Rae Nell, Deercharmer, Sami the sweet, Loretta, Sue, Jenski, Richard, Maggie me mate and everyone else I've forgotten!

Love and Hugs

17. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Joyce - The handles don't move, the seat does. It swivels and tightens up the tummy.

Carol - I'm tall, so I look thin. I was thinner than thin until I turned 50.....and now that's changing. It all goes between the waist and top of my thighs -- right in the middle. Between the weight gain and height, it's so hard to find pants that fit. I've always had a problem getting pants long enough.

To those who have asked, no, I don't have a cushion for my seat at the ballpark, although I'm contemplating getting one. I have an A's license plate frame on my car, my car is the A's color, I have a ball, bat and glove keychain hanging from my rearview mirror, I have a #1 A's Fan replica license plate that I need to put somewhere and it's just sitting on the back seat right now, and there is no end to the A's stuff in the apartment. I told my daughter last night that soon it will look like a ballpark or clubhouse :D!

Just finished watching my A's on TV. It's still preseason, but soon it will be the regular season :)!

Taking my son and his GF out to dinner tonight for her birthday. Time to think about getting ready.

It's a beautiful day here today. I'm going to the game tomorrow and if the weather is this nice, it will be wonderful!

18. annegina

annegina New Member

Happy Saturday evening!!
    Time to destress!!
    Put in an 8 hour on the stepdown unit at the hospital. My hubby is in Philly--
    across the state and my kiddos had to run the house while I worked 7-3:30
    I called home at 9:30. My 12 year old was up, my 16 year old was still asleep and no one had taken my dog out for his morning potty trip yet--arggggh!
    Poor little guy was probably sitting there with his legs crossed. But all in all it went well with 12 year old being by herself for about 3 1/2 hrs.
    since DH was not home we had leftovers and takeout.
    Late March is playing havoc with our weather but when I looked out my kitchen window while doing the dishes I saw my forsythias! Blooming beautiful sunny yellow. Love 'em.

Haven't been around here in a few days--everyone is so busy with this and that!

Marian--
    Loved those pictures of Belle. The string players play those sweet simple pieces
    at first then become more and more proficient. It seems just like yesterday my daughter was that age and now she has a full size cello and plays complicated pieces--the children studying music makes them good at their other subjects at school. I hear--mathmatics especially.

Ceeka--
    so glad to hear you are better and making travel plans.
    When last I was at the fence your farthest trip was to the "necessarium"!

Jill--
    Its good that your kitty is resting close to his loved ones. All we have resting
    in our back yard are some hermit crabs that didnt make it. My best friends
    mom had her dachshund, mini schnauzer and heinz-57 dog mitzi all laid to rest in the backyard. They each have a stone on their gravesite and spring bulbs planted near them and when spring comes the flowers would be the first up and you would remember them all.

Jenn- I agree--post pics of your quilt. It is so exciting to watch them come to-
    gether and have it be something you can use to keep warm yet.

jrw- The wallpaper is beautiful--its a nice calming pattern you'll enjoy and not tire of quickly. I was brave enough this winter to paper the top half of my dining room in a crimson and gold pattern. Wall papering and matching is like putting a puzzle together. I always turn on jazz or classical and it is very relaxing to do it.

Dixie--
    How exciting--a wedding! I had kids when I was pretty old--I'll probably have my trusty wheeled walker to go up the aisle with :D :D :D. And we have 2 daughters--I know I will lose it someday to see my hubby walk his girls down the aisle. You'd better have plenty of pics and details!!!

Tizzy--
    I dont know if I met you on .org!! Its nice to meet someone new at the fence.

I think I'm gonna check out powersurge.org. Apologies to our men who come to fence. My periods have gotten so heavy and so close together!
    I can get back so far by scrolling--who was it that said a few days ago that men need to have something mashed and about a mammogram? Was that Joyce.? I have scripts for, but have never gotten--a mammogram, an endometrial biopsy, and a thyroid biopsy.(sigh) I duck out of sight when I see the docs who want those tests done when I am at work at the hospital!!
    Not to mention my PCP who chimes in that I need a colonscopy because I am now over 50 :-\ :eek: :(. Yikes!!!! My oto offered me an endolymphatic shunt
    now that he has determined that medical management is not working all that
    great. I guess I need to say-- Please take a number there are other doctors who have ordered tests ahead of you. I am not having any ear surgery for a long while yet anyway--but the other stuff I guess I have to cave in and have done.
    My 12- year old and I want to go to the Western PA Kennel Association Dog show tomorrow. The have agility trials which are a stitch to watch, and its amazing to see dogs like wee, wee, Yorkies and Great Danes together.
    They do a best in class and best in breed and show. Also for some wierd reason, they sell the best fudge there!
    Well, I've covered all my many mixed subjects. Time to hit the hay.
    Hope is all well and steady at the fence.

Love--AGCarol

19. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

have a great weekend guys!!!

marian,
    thank you for the pics, gorgeous grandaughter, :)

20. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Hi Everyone,

Today's been NUTS, wildly busy, but I had to stop by and say hello. Will catch up tomorrow. Bed time now! Delivered the wedding quilt. They loved it!

Back ASAP tomorrow.

Be well and content, dear friends.

xoxoxo,
    Jenn