JOH Regimen Questions

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by GLA, Jan 26, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Yes! That is what you need to do to know what works for you.

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

The most up to date version of my regimen is here:
    http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf

At this very moment, I'm updating the document. I'm revising the order of the component descriptions, putting the lysine (most important) at the start. Several of the recommended product componants are no longer available with the older prices and product numbers, so I'm bringing all of that up to date.

I'm expanding a bit more on the evidence supporting a herpes viral etiology (cause) for most Meniere's cases; and strongly recommending that patients approach their doctors to also administer antiherpetic therapies, acyclovir or the other herpes-controlling drugs. This would be along with or in addition to the regimen itself.

I will also suggest some long-term maintenance lysine doses, after symptoms come under control. When and how to taper down on the lysine was not thoroughly explained.

But no substantive changes are included in the new regimen write-up. Follow the information in the link above and one has a high chance of gaining control over Meniere's symptoms.

As always, I will stress that regimen users first run everything past their physicians, and also be prepared to persist with the regimen, as it seldom brings prompt relief. It can take weeks or months before the regimen starts to turn things around.

(When and how I'll get this posted is not yet clear. I'll first approach the person who so graciously posts the present version at the link above.)

--John of Ohio

3. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Bam! There you go!

Thank You John.

One thing is certain to all the newbies, John will investigate and research and keep abreast of the latest in the world of mm and ALWAYS update his program to fit the ever changing nature of the beast.

Here's to you John

;)

4. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Thanks. Just got everything updated, with current product prices, etc. (No, I don't sell anything or make any money from anyone using my regimen, be assured.)

I updated info on other new MM treatments, too, including antiherpetics, NUCCA, high-dose vitamin C, and others;with useful internet links.

Hope I can get this posted and available this coming week.

--John of Ohio

5. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

thanks john. quick question, do you do lo-so diet or diuretics? or is JOH + AV sufficient?

6. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

LS/D (low salt/diuretic) never gave me any relief; which was the prompt to start experimenting with things that would --- hence, the regimen.

I never took any antivirals, as none of these were ever used to treat MM in the late 90s.

I've been symptom-free now for about a decade, staying on a maintenance dose of lysine and the rest of the regimen.

--John of Ohio

7. Momster

Momster New Member

John, 3 weeks into the initial part of regimen and so far so good, my hearing has come up a bit within the last week!!! I have not introduced the MSM and Cocculus Compositum yet and plan to do so within the coming week. I will update on the progress after I have gone through the next stage.

Thanks for your support and advice, it is great to be a part of this forum :D

Regards,

8. Momster

Momster New Member

BTW, the color put me on Methotrexate for the past two months, and I like to get off of it,as I am not sure if it does have any effect on my Ménière's related hearing loss.

Any comments from anyone who has used this or otherwise?

Thanks,

9. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

John, 3 weeks into the initial part of regimen and so far so good, my hearing has come up a bit within the last week!!! I have not introduced the MSM and Cocculus Compositum yet and plan to do so within the coming week. I will update on the progress after I have gone through the next stage.

Thanks for your support and advice, it is great to be a part of this forum Cheesy

Regards,

Momster,

Glad to learn of the regimen's helpfulness.

No need to use the Cocculus Compositum if you are not having any attacks. It is used only when you absolutely need to be free of an attack, or when one is starting. There is no need or usefulness to use take it chronically.

Keep us posted on your progress.

--John of Ohio

10. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

Hi John, I have a few questions:

1) I am already taking 3 items in your list, Lysine, Bioflavonoid, and Gingko. I am thinking about adding Vinpocetine and MSM. MSM sounds pretty safe right? However Vinpocetine seems like it might have some side effects...have you heard of any?

2) For the vitamins, can I use a standard daily multi vitamin, or is the ones on your list most effective?

3) Have you heard of people gaining tinnitus relief from this regimen?

thanks!

11. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Once person got tachycardia while on vinpocetine --- but this side effect is listed nowhere in the vinpocetine literature. No other side effect incidences I know of. I take 10 mg a day, and have for over a decade. Keeps my mind clear and quick.

MSM extremely safe.

For your general health, you should take a good mulitvitamin. But for MM the sustained release vitamin C and the mixed tocopherols vitamin E best support the immune system, to help nail the herpes virus. A general multivitamin cannot do this very effectively.

Tinnitus is very difficult to suppress, and of all the Meniere's symptoms, tinnitus tends to persist.

But yes, most who stay on the regimen eventually get tinnitus relief. But it can be many months, or even a year or two, after all the other symptoms are in good control.

--John of Ohio

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

My tinnitus is half of what it used to be by cutting out ALL gluten and dairy products.

13. June-

June- New Member

FWIW, my tinnitus which was very LOUD and present 24/7, went away completely within a month of starting antivirals even befor any allergy treatment and before some other ymptom went away. I know I am the exception but it is possible.

14. June-

June- New Member

Also, the t is one thing that responds sometimes to cutting down on salt, aspirin, caffeine etc. Worth a try.

15. GLA

GLA New Member

John:

I noticed in another thread, that you mentioned only taking the cocculus compositum (sp?) if one is having difficulties with vertigo. I had a vertigo spell shortly after starting the regimen (on 2/5), but THANKFULLY, I've been vertigo free since that incident. I'm at the point now where it's time to introduce the CC into the regimen, so I was wondering if I should proceed with the CC, or only use it if I have further issues with the vertigo.

Thanks for the help!

-Grant

16. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Cocculus Compositum (or Vertigoheel, exactly the same product, with different names), is able to suppress vertigo and its associated symptoms at the start of or during an attack. It can also prevent an attack if one is anticipated (very difficult)l

So, use it only when you feel an attack is about to happen, or has started.

Sounds like the regimen is working for you; so no immediate need to take the CC.

--John of Ohio

17. GLA

GLA New Member

Thanks, John.

I'm still having periodic issues with fluctuating tinnitus and slight feelings of fullness. Last night my right ear was giving me some grief, but it might have had to do with the fact that a cold front was coming through Houston. I've felt a little better today.

I'm sticking with it, though. I'm also considering contacting Dr. Gacek to add antivirals to the regimen.

18. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Would be great to add the antivirals.

Persist, on all fronts.

--John of Ohio

19. poppaharley

poppaharley Meniere's: God's answer to a free merry-go-round

I've been doing JOH for over 4 years. I'm not the expert but I don't think l-lysine would interfere with any prescription med. I would NOT reduce the dosage because in my uneducated but practical experience, suppressing herpes activity is one of if not the most important aspects of managing Meniere's. You probably will NOT find a medical doctor who believes in it. Most are locked into the Big Pharma meds. However there ARE some enlightened doctors who will not discourage anything that is not harmful. My GP falls into that category. His method seems to be more in line with that they took in their oath...."First do no harm". After that, what seems to work, is ok as long is it isn't harmful.

20. GLA

GLA New Member

poppaharley:

I assume the JOH regimen has been successful in reducing your symptoms. Is that indeed the case?