JOH Regimen Questions

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by GLA, Jan 26, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. RUfan

RUfan New Member

Thanks for the help!

2. RUfan

RUfan New Member

One last question....My ENT says I have a combination of autoimmune inner ear disease and menieres symptoms...treated with steroids and methotrexate.....neither have worked....your thoughts?

3. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Well, steroids and methotrexate merely suppress the symptoms; do not deal with the underlying causes of those symptoms. A chemical band-aide covering an on-going set of conditions.

A number of supplements and vitamins enhance normalized immunity, such as adequate vitamin D (5000 IU miniumum), ashwagandha, MSM, and turmeric extract. Check the info on each of these in regard to autoimmunity.

--John of Ohio

4. Momster

Momster New Member

I am newbie to the site, and this is my first post :)

I was diagnosed with Meniere's in the right ear in my late 20s, went through horrific days and months, and at last gave into the Shunt operation in the right ear. Proved to be worthless, and decreased my hearing much further. Over a few months, my dizziness subsided and I did not have much symptoms for year.

About a few years ago I started noticing some echo and fullness in the left ear, and one day after I had finished a half marathon (despite the fact I knew I was too run down to participate and against my better judgment), I woke up the day after with hearing almost none in both ears. The doctors put me on doses of oral steroids and over a course of 4-6 weeks with relaxation the hearing came back up. No dizziness with this episode. Over the last few years I have noticed that when I am exhausted and have a glass of red wine, I get the same symptoms. The last hearing decline happened with dizziness starting last Nov and I have had it on and off. This time nothing worked to improve my problem with occasional dizziness (would last a few minutes), and the constant hearing fluctuations (happens everyday throughout the day and my hearing is never constant). I have a hearing aid now that is adjustable and I constantly adjust it during the day. Does anyone have the same problem with the fluctuation in hearing through the day, everyday? If so, anything has helped?

I started the JOH regime two weeks ago and have been waiting for my account o get activated so that I can post. I can say that it has helped me with the dizziness, the hearing has not stabilized yet. I am hoping to get there, but notice with smallest amount of stress, hearing comes down within 10-15 minutes, that fast!!!

I have done the Oxygen Therapy and Oral Steroid intake within the last few months and they have not helped. So, I am taking it one day at a time. At the present time my main issue is the hearing loss, and more importantly, hearing distortion!! I have a hard time during from hour to hour with hearing human voices muffled or distorted. Anyone has this problem that can advise?

Glad to be in this forum and talk to people who understand what goes on with the patient with the Meniere's.

5. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Momster,

If you are not, be sure to use the latest version of my regimen, here:
    http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf

It reccomends 3000 mgs of lysine each day, above the previous 1500 mgs, which proved not enough to control herpes viral activity in many Meniere's cases.

And be sure to persist. It can take weeks or even months before the regimen (and many other treatments, too) actually turn things around.

Keep us posted on your progress.

--John of Ohio

6. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I had a reaction to lysine as well, but I became extremely light headed. I did some googling after it happened and found a few posts on other sites about lysine and light headedness.

I am sorry your doctor will not prescribe and antiviral for you, maybe you can try another doctor that is willing too, I hope so. AV's have been a miracle for me, but as it works for many, it doesn't for everyone.

7. RUfan

RUfan New Member

John....i just started to follow your regimen....I am intrigued by the Dana White "injection". Do you know anything about this?

8. upgrader

upgrader New Member

Just an update on my situation, As advised john i added vitamin e and vitamin c to my supplementation and i felt a big improvement towards the end of last week

Saturday i bought some lysine in 500mg in capsule form to give that a try i was previously taking 1000mg in chalky form, so i took it saturday and sunday and i never got the shortness of breath i got with the chalky tablet, but im not sure if its making things worse, it now feels like there is some kind of actibity in my right ear a tingling type feeling, im not sure if thats the lysine making it worse or better?

9. jaypr

jaypr New Member

That tingling in your right ear, I am sure is the battle going on between the virus and the Llysine. I had that and it went away when I felt that the llysine was winning and stopping the virus replicating.

10. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

John....i just started to follow your regimen....I am intrigued by the Dana White "injection". Do you know anything about this?

I have no idea what this person is being injected with. The real matters of concern are a) is it safe, b) does it provide Meniere's relief, c) what does it cost, and d) is it available.

I await information on these items.

(And by the way, be sure to follow the most recent, most successful version of the regimen, here:
    http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf ) Keep us posted on your progress.

--John of Ohio

11. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Did a bit if checking on the Dana White therapy in Germany, at this URL:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthokine

a) Is it safe? FDA doesn't allow it to be advertised in the US (But so what? FDA doesn't allow commercial use of SERC for Meniere's in the US, but is used thusly every other place in the world, with efficacy.).

b) Does it provide relief from MM symptoms? Unknown.

c) What does it cost? About $7000.

d) Is it available? Clearly, in Germany it is. Here, in the US? Not clear. Can't be advertised.

--John of Ohio

12. GLA

GLA New Member

John:

There is a clinic in Santa Monica and a clinic in NYC that perform basically the same treatment. The only difference that I've been able to ascertain is that in Germany, they heat the blood.

13. msprygada

msprygada New Member

I will be starting my AV's tonight. If I am taking AV's, my question is why I would take the Lysine at the same time? Wouldn't I be better to take just the AV and see what the results are? Then I would know if the AV's are working? If I take them both then I have no clue if it was the AV and/or the Lysine? Then if later I don't have 100% results with the AV I could add the JOH supplements one at a time as needed. If the AV's are working to my satisfaction, then I would only have to take that instead of taking all these different pills. Just asking. I only have fullness, some tinnitus, slight low level hearing loss in the left ear, and slight dizziness and never had any vertigo.

Thanks in advance.
    Matt

14. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Matt,

Do you want to play scientist and try to determine which works better, lysine or AVs? Or, do you just wish to have the highest chance of stopping symptoms?

Lysine is dirt cheap; does not interfere with AVs. Adding it to AVs just increases the chances of symptomatic relief. Lysine and antiherpetics complement one another, as they suppress herpes replication by two different biochemical methods.

Lastly, many ENTs will not prescribe AVs chronically; only for a certain period. The lysine can be taken in perpetuity.

--John of Ohio

15. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

John, I did ask Dr. Gacek about taking the vinpocetine and L-Lysine, and told him you were happy I was finally getting on the anti-viral meds. His reply was I shouldn't need anything other than the anti-viral meds. I wonder if you have had direct contact with him and if he has read your 'regimen'?
    I thought he probably had and would agree that one might try some of your regimen too. But that was not his suggestion. What are your thoughts? thx

16. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

I have never communicated or transferred any information with Dr. Gracek. Whether he has read and considered my PDF describing my Meniere's Treatment Regimen is unknown.

It is very clear from my personal research and experiences --- confirmed by dozens upon dozens of others who have benefitted from the regimen --- that the circulation-enhancing components of my regimen, the lemon bioflavonoids, the vinpocetine, and the ginkgo extract --- help drain the excess fluid in the inner ear that accumulates because of the inflammation that the herpes virus causes there. Dr. Gracek believes that suppression of the virus by antiherpetic drugs is sufficient, that natural healing will eventually take place and hydrops (fluid accumulation) will naturally subside in the absence of the active herpes infection. I contend, from much personal and regimen-user evidence, that the supplements mentioned above more quickly and more effectively facilitate restoration of inner ear fluid concentrations.

--John of Ohio

17. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

Well, you certainly have alot of folks here whom you have helped. I wish you'd contact DR. Gacek and offer to send him your 'link' or your actual 'regimen' and mention that you see him referred to by various folks on the Meniere's forum and I believe he'd take a good look at it, even if he doesn't agree with additional herbal meds being used. It couldnt' hurt!! :)

18. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

No, it's inappropriate for an amateur to be suggesting to a licensed physician new therapies, especially unproven ones like mine.

--John of Ohio

19. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

I can understand your thinking for sure. Yet, you have encouraged so many and helped so many here, and some have shared your research and successes with their physicians, so thought you might just want to send him a copy and say--'please just tell me what you think'!
    Judging from his replies to some of us and willingness to precribe for us if our doctors won't---he might at least look at your suggestions. Anyway--just my thoughts. :)

20. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

John,

There seems to be a lot of new people on the boards, can you please post a link to the "new and Improved" regimen? You know the latest one where 87% of all users see their mm symptoms disappear. Thanks John!

:)