Jesus didn’t just show up on Christmas day.

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Henrysullivan, Dec 3, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

I always thought that was why we each had a copy of our own. :)

I think there are also as many interpretations as there are ministers, priests, rabbis and whatnot.

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Gee, I wonder what happens when one person has more than one copy!! ::)

I sometimes wonder if this was one of the points in the bible. didn't God say he was going to sperate us by creating confusion in our languages? I wonder if that expanded to colors and intepretations...

I understand most of your answer to me Hank and understand it as your own thoughts and interpretations - but the last thing, about how God knows past present and future of every living being. I can't get a grasp on it. And, maybe I'm not supposed to for some reason I don't know yet. I still don''t understand it unless we have to go through the pain and lessons for us to realize our ends.

3. Titus

Titus New Member

I guess I'm just lazy.....I let the Holy Spirit interpret for me 8)

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I know at least one thing about you and it's you are not lazy!! :-*

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Regarding the love of reading the Bible, for me it is just that the Bible has started to make sense. And the more I read, and place the events and circumstances end to end, the more sense it makes within its own context and the context that my life brings to it. Because the scriptures ring with authority to me at a certain deep level, that is an indicator to me that the scriptures are truly what God wants me to know in this life. If God did not in some way do what the Bible says He has done, interfacing with men since ancient times, and then actually appearing on earth, Himself, as the scriptures say He did, then I, and all mankind, would be completely on our own to try and make sense of this life. And I do not like that to be the case. I do not like that because I do not believe that any man is capable of observing from the vantage point he is given, and make sense of his own existence, much less make sense of life in general. For men to be able to do that, then the Author of all of this must intervene. He must give us a hint, a leg up. This is just too big of a mystery to unravel without help from the one Who conceived and manufactured it.

Look at Stonehenge. As simple an architectural structure as that is, no man has been able to fully unravel its origin and meaning. And it is all made of stone. Now then, look at the entire universe. You can't. Try to imagine the complexity there. We can't begin to imagine the incredible force and intellect it took to conceive and manufacture it. So if we can't figure out Stonehenge, as simple as it is, all made of stone, all within plain view, from a 360 degree vantage point, then there is no way in a million years that man would be able to figure out the story that explains his own existence--that is of course, unless the One Who is responsible for it tells us. That, I believe, is what the Bible is. If we study it, those scriptures begin to unravel certain meaning and intentions that we could not perceive in a million years without its help.

Perhaps what I say is the true meaning behind Stonehenge. Perhaps God meant for it to completely boggle men's minds, the purpose of which would be to help men understand that it is indeed fruitless to try to understand creation without God's help.

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

sorry, I've been gone for a week or so. Not feeling the greatest...anyway, nope, I'm still really down about this site...it's getting scarey! This is totally off topic but is the first topic I came to read. I have to tell someone. I got an add from an individual on this site to buy a book that would help me with acid reflux disease. What's going on?? What's happening to our site?

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I didn't know that you had acid reflux disease.

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Hi Holly, I was thinking about you today. Welcome back. I have Acid Reflux too.

Who is soliciting you to buy something from them Holly?? You can pm me if you don't want to say it here.

9. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Yep and the meds I'm taking work just fine. Doesn't help my meniere's though ;)

10. rev

rev New Member

Sorry Holly, this is not the place to peddle remedies for anything. Some folks are so cold, they would play match maker at a funeral. No respect and no class.

Hope you are feeling better!

I can be mean while I'm in this much pain, so send 'em to me. ;)

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

We have so many different religions and yet we still ask why we are here. Some say it's to complete Gods mission but not one of us can say what that is truely. The words tell us how to live but they don't tell us what for. I understand to live with the creator but, again, why?