In Defense Of Nassman

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by burd, Apr 25, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

nassman is one very intelligent person. However, many times he would call people wrong because of what he read in his research endeavors. LOL, in one instance he attacked a post of mine and then quoted writing from Dr. Timothy Hain. That was his proof. However, the information I posted did contradict Dr. Hain but the information nassman considered wrong was provided to me by Dr. Hain in person. Dr. Hain is one of my doctors. Dr. Hain's website gave the usual situations but since there are times when things don't fit the usual or standard, my post gave a different view. nassman was right but so was I. LOL, my response to his contradiction was that I would tell Dr. Hain to check with nassman before he gave me any more diagnosis or opinions. We all chuckled over the situation (however, I don't know if nassman chuckled or not). Neither one of us carried on any further. That's how it should be.

2. June-

June- New Member

I wonder if there is a forum working on cures for baldness and if they are doing as well as we are with MM ?

3. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

This is becoming preposterous, and I know that I’m speaking for a good number of readers and posters who don’t wish to get in the middle of this spitting match.

I don’t either, but I’ll bob and duck (and then take a good shower) after stating the following.

There is a presumption here by some that Nassman was just another interested and helpful contributor to our communal efforts to conquer our symptoms. Would that that were the situation.

A close reading of Nassman’s postings will show that he had two kinds. A few were legitimate contributions of his understandings of vestibular physiology. No one has contested those, and they were welcome.

It’s the other postings, however, that got the man banned — and rightfully so. I was a direct, posted target of his verbal vituperation, as was Henry Sullivan and a few others. None of those postings contributed anything positive. They merely turned legitimate viewpoints and treatment perspectives into hot button issues that Nassman tried to squash by the power of his coarse verbiage.

The winning of hearts and minds related to Meniere’s disease requires two important things. First, what’s being said or proposed should have some substance, some experience or plausible theory. The postings of Hank and I and others have had that in spades.

But in addition to theory, facts, and figures, and experiences, a good case must be made with appropriate style and attitude. I think Hank and I and the others — including Ray himself with his wonderful discoveries of the value of elevated vitamin C therapy — have striven to be civilly persuasive in our presentations.

It is a matter of style and deportment. Ray, intelligently, has decided that rancor and personal attacks have no place in the civil and thoughtful discussion of Meniere’s therapies and experiences here. If you don’t know this, please understand that Nassman had been advised by Ray concerning his coarse and abrasive manners before his latest escapade into verbal warfare. Ray has been exceedingly foregiving and hesitant to banish the likes of Nassman.

It’s not as though Nassman was caught unawares or without previous, even courteous guidance on the matter. In direct contravention to Ray’s admonitions to leave out the personal attacks, the man continued to foment personal discord and post objectionable discourses. He seemed to press the issue to a point where Ray would have looked to have been the fool not to intervene.

Over time, Nassman was warned and given every chance to remain civil in his disagreements with various posters. Instead, he elected to continue his verbal assaults, which battered not only the arguments or facts of those he was attacking, but the posters themselves.

That was his personal undoing. All of us who have been the recipients of Nassman’s destructive postings would take no particular regard to his disagreements and disapprovals of our positions. That’s what a discussion board like this if for, to hold up and examine theory, evidence, and experience related to our disease. But when the discussion slides into personal attack, the quality of the discourse degrades to an unacceptable level, thereby casting a shadow over everything that is posted on this board.

Ray did the right thing. He had no recourse. We can now return to the helpful sharing of ideas and experiences, putting personalities aside.

It’s a matter of style, which was lacking.

–John of Oio

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Regarding baldness, that's easy, June. Baldness is a condition caused by an upper cervical misalignment impinging on the hair nerve that reports to the brain stem. If you'd like scientific proof on that, just glance over to the left at my avatar. There I am in perfect upper cervical alignment, and I've got a full head of hair. What other proof could one ask for? There are other conditions involving growth that are also affected by similar nerve impingements. Impotence, for example, is caused by a wife impinging on the husband's nerves. You see its all very scientific.
    :)

5. Titus

Titus New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now, can we please end this thread and focus on helping and supporting one another?

6. June-

June- New Member

No, Henry, if that were true, my husband would be bald as a billiard ball. I suspect a virus. ;)

7. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

I knew he was going to say that.

8. Tara

Tara New Member

That's funny. :D

9. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

wish I would have known that YEARS ago!

sounds good to me, but this has obviously been an interesting distraction for many

10. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

I've got PROOF that baldness is really caused by an unknown virus that is greatly suppressed and kept from replicating and messing up the normal function of hair follicles --- when sufficient corn flakes are eaten for breakfast (when taken with food). Corn flakes when eaten at least three times a day, at least one bowl each time, just utterly stops hair loss.

How would I know this? Well, my two brothers are bald, and I'm not, and I eat a bowl of corn flakes every morning, now for a good number of decades. My brothers hate cornflakes, so they went bald.

Say, I've got to find a baldness board, and start posting the John of Ohio Baldness Treatment. It's the Corn Flake Regimen (which is as corny as most of the stuff above).

--John of Ohio

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

All right, then what about impotence, Mr. 'John says every problem is a virus?'

12. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

i am starting on cornflakes tomorrow morning! let me know if there is any preferred brand

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Yes, style in this type of forum means just about everything. Everyone has their own style of writing - some just don't recognize it. As to any defense of nassman, he did just fine defending himself - too fine. I'm sure he can be found in other websites. He doesn't seem the kind to keep himself confined or contained.

I'm done...

14. Funshine

Funshine New Member

Maybe Nassman should start his own forum...

15. pardonme

pardonme Guest

16. Tara

Tara New Member

I not only have the cure for baldness and impotence, but I AM the cure.

17. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I don't care who ya are, now that's funny. Oh yes...but of course...you must have been talking to John...

18. June-

June- New Member

I think that has been his wish and maybe he will do it now.

19. Ifishdizzy

Ifishdizzy New Member

I doubt there has been a week in the past 10 years that I haven't been the Admin or
    Moderator on at least one forum..often 2-3. About 3 weeks ago I "retired" from being
    a Mod or Admin., and for only one reason: If you are going to do it right, it's a damn
    tough job, mentally, and I just got wore out.

Nassman pushed the boundaries of civility at times, and he knew it. For the site Admin,
    having to remove a person (especially a long standing member) is a tough task. It hurts
    to lose what could have been a great member only because they just can't rein in their
    attitude. Sadly, sometimes when a single member has upset the peace of the forum one
    too many times, action must be taken...as if not the whole forum suffers and that's just
    not right. This ain't "life or death", so the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the
    one rabble-rouser.

Baldness, Impotence, Deafness?? ?? ?? ?? ....Ack! we're all falling apart!

Dizz

20. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

I'm wearing a suit and driving a Cadillac, because if you want to be impotent, you have to LOOK impotent.