I wonder as I wander ...

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by June-, Aug 1, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

For me, it goes beyond that. It is the source of my spiritual connection. It is my Bible so to speak. I grew up with a little woods by my house and spent much time there. It's a chicken and egg thing. I don't know if I was drawn to it or having been surrounded by it, it became part of me. I really think it is hardwired in me and I would have sought it out even if I had been born in Manhatten.

2. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

DH feels the same way. He is happiest when he is outdoors, in the mountains, on a lake or stream...he misses living in our mountain house full time.

I love little hidden wooded rocky creeks with dappled shade and lots of ferns. My grandma taught me to find joy there.....and I still do.

3. June-

June- New Member

That's just the kind of place I love best too.

4. deercharmer1

Me At The Creek....

[​IMG]

5. June-

June- New Member

I love it! Did you find tadpoles and crayfish and salamanders too?

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Awesome picture Deercharmer and looks like something that would be a nice painting as well.

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

great photo DC

I found this quote today and think it most appropriate

“It costs so little to teach a child to love, and so much to teach him to hate.” Father Flanagan

8. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

oh and June - nature speaks to me as well :)

9. corona

corona New Member

Oh B!!!!! I LOVE IT! Look at you stretching out that extra little bit even as a kid :-* :-*

10. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

that is a classic photo, DC--would be great at "flickr" where hundreds would enjoy it

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Love it DC. Wish I knew how to post pictures of me and mine from back in time. It really brought a happy remerbrance of when I was young and running through the woods to get to the stream with my little stick and a baby pin tied to a string. Me and my sister were gonna catch a big fish too!

12. June-

June- New Member

Ha! Did you catch a big fish? My little friends and I fished with a jar on a string! We never did get that little fish to swim into it. :D But I caught a snake for my grandmother. I don't think she liked the snake that much but she loved the story!

It's been a long time since i posted a picture, but I went to photobucket, opened an account (free), put the picture there and then copied the image name to my post or something like that.

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

No not that time, and actually it's a really weird coinsidence...we ran from the stream cuz we saw a snake in the water!! We, of course thought it a great adventure, in fact I remember making up adventures out of reality a lot. Me and my sister had many adventures just from a single thought or ocurrance.

14. June-

June- New Member

Every child should have adventures (fun ones) to remember a lifetime!

15. deercharmer1

Awww, thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

I don't remember exactly what it was I was "fishing" for, but thanks to my Nana, there were many moments like this.

16. corona

corona New Member

Chris doesn't want any talk on his views of H/H in his thread and I totally respect that. I know you don't mind the mind wandering here so I wanted to ask you (June) to tell me more about what your grandmother would say.

I don't understand the purpose of punishment after death. You can't re-do or undo anything. I've never understood this about the concept of Hell. How does it help me to live a nasty life here on earth yet have to pay the consequences after I die when I won't be in a human conscious form anymore?

In that regard, the Buddhist idea of rebirth makes more sense. You screw up, you come back and have to go through life again until you get it right. I'm not saying I agree with rebirth...just that it appears to be a more practical "punishment" compared to Hell.

Any thoughts?

17. June-

June- New Member

That was my mother's thought and I don't believe she actually thought that there was a hell or that it actually was that way but rather that would be her idea of the worst thing she could imagine. She was inclined to dwell on her mistakes which I do not think were any worse than those most of the rest of us can claim. She just couldn't walk away from them mentally sometimes. You'd probably have a word in psychology for that.

18. corona

corona New Member

I think it's part and parcel of being analytical.

Your mother might have liked this....http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100209100800.htm

19. June-

June- New Member

Interesting.

20. June-

June- New Member

I went to a class today to learn about monarch butterflies. We tagged a couple and I am now fostering a caterpillar. He's just a tiny thing, about 1/4 inch long right now. I have two milk weed leaves but must locate more soon before he becomes a real voracious eater in a few days. The pressure is on, lol.

I learned the same individual flies all the way from US or Canada to Mexico winters over there in hibernation and then starts back in spring but doesn't get too far. Her children go the rest of the way. Pretty amazing.

The wonder of it all.