I think......

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Max Stooge, Jan 10, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

We all need to have good thoughts and prayers in our hearts for the Congresswoman from Arizona, Gabrielle Giffords, who was gravely wounded in apparently an assassination attempt over the weekend. It is reported that she is still in critical but stable condition. She responds to commands, has movement in all limbs, etc. But more will be known in the coming days as her treatment continues. God bless her and her family.

But at the same time, I think prayers should also be said for the shooter, an apparently troubled young man from all reports. Especially his family who must be asking why, why, why, over and over again. Some would say "why pray for him?". I think that's obvious.

Thanks.

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Prayers for the Congresswoman and all the victims of this tragedy. Prayers for the American people that decency and justice will prevail.

3. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

Amen Caroline, amen.

Maybe I should clarify something about her wound if some haven't heard the story in the news. She was shot in the head once, the bullet passed completely through, back to front. Underwent neuro surgery. It doesn't get much more serious than that. Apparently, and the final details are as yet to be known, it missed major, major areas of the brain in doing so. She is lucky in that. Godspeed in her long recovery.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

It is indeed a sad, sad thing Max.

Hopefully she will be lucky and her deficits will be few to none.

5. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

I should also ask for prayers and good thoughts for the many wounded in the attack, and the 6 people who died including a 9 year old girl. It is so sad.

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I pray for the shooter..............I pray that they lock him up for 300 years and then he burns in hell when he dies(especially for killing that innocent and helpless 9 year old girl)!

7. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Prayers for all the victims and their families. Such a tragic event.

8. June-

June- New Member

Mental illness is such a tragic thing. I pray that we will find ways to understand, diagnose and deal with it before these things play out. It is not an uncommon event.