i dont post here often i.m not very religious

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by mrdizzy, Dec 21, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I'm thinking on you hard right now and hoping your load can be less for you. You're a good person and bring a lot to this forum. Good thoughts going out to you from this heart.

2. egross

egross New Member

Prayers for you. I pray you receive some relief soon. So sorry to hear you're suffering. Healing praying coming your way.

3. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

I never stopped

4. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

Pray without ceasing - for all of us who suffer let's keep them continually in our thoughts.

5. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I've been praying for you all along my friend.

6. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

loving life for Greg until he can

7. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

Thanks everyone. The beast still has a solid grip on me. Going on 70 some odd days now without 2 consecutive days without an attack. Saturday was horrendous it started at 8pm Friday and didnt let up till Saturday evening about 9 or so. Another round last night and two more already today. This is beyond anything any human being should have to endure and I am at my breaking point. I get up and feel ok and am summarily swatted to the ground like a fly. Will it ever end??

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Is it too personal to ask you to talk about what happens during your attacks? I know this isn't a prayer but sometimes talking about things specifically might help. Do you have warning signs?

9. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

my attacks are usually quite sudden but usually preceded by fullness and a drop in hearing they range from mild and short lived (half hour) to severe with vomiting nausea and can last for over a full day. Sometimes however they come on without warning and if I don't have something to grab onto I am on the floor.

10. tm53

tm53 New Member

Greg, does Valium under the tongue help?

11. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Greg:
    no human deserves this. It will end at some point and life will be good forever

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I hoping your family is supportive while you go through this acute phase of the illness. Of course, what do I know? I've been lucky enough not to have the severe vertigo that so many experience.

Do visual or audio sounds ever kick it off? I mean start it? Do you know what some or any of the triggers might be? I know some of the people on the site talk about knowing triggers. Well that was a kind of stupid question. If you knew the triggers, you wouldn't do them... I just wish you could have even a few days away from this stuff.

13. Daize

Daize New Member

I am so very sorry you are going through so much with this. My caring thoughts and prayers for you.

14. rev

rev New Member

as are mine

15. egross

egross New Member

I don't know about being religious. I wouldn't describe myself as being religious either. But I have such strong feelings of what I would call spirituality in my heart it feels like my heart is going to burst. I think religion is in your head. I think the spirit is in your heart. In my darkest moments when I've just said I can't take it, You take it, help me, I'm powerless, I give up; I have received a feeling inside, a peace that filled my heart, and feelings of great gratitude. It didn't last of course, but I learned how to access that peace whenever I needed it. Sometimes I get stubborn and like to wallow in my discontent, but if I get miserable and in pain enough I know how to get that inner peace back again. Once you get it, you know it, and you always know how to access it if you really want to. It truly is the greatest gift I've ever received or experienced.

16. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Great post egross!!