Holy Ice Storm!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by CarolineJ., Dec 22, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Got hit hard ... unprecedented for the Greater Toronto Area.

So many trees lost ... including my beloved Birch tree in the front of my house. :( Fatally wounded. Squirrels and birds now homeless :(

Our property and cars are ok, even though some parts of the tree came down on them.

Lots of damage in my community. Both our family Christmas parties for this weekend had to be cancelled so no extended family visits this Christmas :( Very sad about it all.

The trees are still coming down so still in danger of losing our power. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as there is still danger for us and the people out there clearing up the mess and restoring power.

Intrepid ... don't even say it! :-X :D

2. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

then I will....is it cold outside? :D

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

No ... mild actually. Hovering around zero.

Lost power an hour and a half ago ... gonna be a long night :(

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Say what? Behold the beauty? :p

I feel your pain. We had the same sh*t here a couple of weeks ago. People died. Power went out. Trees fell. Flights were canceled. It was nasty.

Stay warm and cuddle tight!

5. Titus

Titus New Member

I'm so sorry. It's been tragic seeing all the Northern parts get hammered. Prayers for all those in the storm's path.

6. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

.....as she sweats in the record Florida heat :D

7. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Sorry! We had a small ice storm but nothing of which you're going through. These storm are beautiful and dangerous so stay safe and cuddle it out. Hugs and prayers.

8. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Caroline, you and your man need to buy an old Winnebago, fill it full of beach stuff and drive till it's warm and sunny. I'm sure Kim won't mind, if you park it in her front yard, one night on the way down.

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Caro go when I'm there!

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Yes ... something like that :D Got power back thankfully. Now the wait to see if we lose it with more branches coming down.

Keep praying for us Kim ... we can use all the help we can get :) Thanks xx

Thanks Alisa xx

That's sounding really good right now Scott ... maybe we'll park in your driveway too and you can take us out on that fishing trip ;)

When are you going to be there Sarita? :)

11. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Caro, have you seen that show "Trailer Park Boys"?

12. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

No ... I know of it but don't watch it Scott :)

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

My brother, SIL and their kids are on Day 4 with no power. It's cold here and Christmas is tomorrow.

Please everyone think of them and send a little prayer for power their way. xx Many others are in the same situation too ... please extend your thoughts and prayers to them too. xx

14. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.Here in the S.F.bay area it's 55 degree's and the during the day it's been in the 70's and sunny.
    As I gaze out my window right now I'm sure I'll be seeing Santa and his reindeer pretty soon delivering all his toys to children every where.

15. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Caroline- does your brother have power yet? So many folks are still without power on Day 5 with no relieving sight even until the weekend. I saw on the news that it was warmer outside in some folks houses than inside- one house was -4C. We were fortunate in Newmarket not to have lost power and wish there was something we could do for our neighbours to the south. So many elderly folks trapped in apartment buildings with no elevators, electricity heat or running water. Nto sure how the Mayor cannot call it an emergency after this length of time.

16. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Andrea ... my brother finally got power this evening (Thurs) after 5 days of no power spent trying to stop the house from flooding and freezing. It was brutal!

My SIL broke down yesterday after 4 days of no sleep, worry, dashed hopes and misery. Being that it was Christmas day it was just too much for her :'( She's doing better now. She's a strong woman but even strong people can only take so much.

Thank you so much for asking about them xx

17. Janice

Janice New Member

come down under we just had 5 days over 42C - power regularly going out - no aircon at work. That was also brutal.

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Hey Janice ... I'm coming down-under :D I've been watching the news reports about how hot it is!

Leaving for Hawaii on the 25th then NZ and Australia :D

Then I can complain about how hot it is :D